GDT: 5 Mar 2013 - Wild @ Chicago - Great Moments Are Born From Great Opportunities - 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piffles

Jul 4, 2012
Yeah, I didn't see since I was at work but how has Backs played? I would assume he was a bit off but I'm also assuming that the defense didn't give him a ton of help either. Pretty sure Backs always plays poorly in Chicago if I recall right.

35760943.jpg

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Yeah, I didn't see since I was at work but how has Backs played? I would assume he was a bit off but I'm also assuming that the defense didn't give him a ton of help either. Pretty sure Backs always plays poorly in Chicago if I recall right.

it wasn't just Backs and the Defense. you don't get outshot 17-4 and completely blame them...no team D at all. a lot of standing around.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Here comes the bonus goal.

I'm gonna be pissed if Yeo comes out saying he's happy with the way they responded in the third and yada yada yada. Gotta be honest in assessing that the first-period meltdown was unacceptable and negates anything else.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
Just goes to show ya how far this team really has to go... The Hawks are just plainyin' Cat and Mouse with our boy's fella's... The ole' Tom and Jerry.... Sad that Mikko and Zach were non existent most of the night..Were we not all led to believe that was all suppose to change in The Big games?.. Wow we were fooled again..

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Still ticked though that Backs wasn't pulled after the 3rd goal. All were not his fault, but you still pull him after the team went into a tail spin.

Wildfan10*

What's the point of pulling the goalie if no one moves their feet.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Still ticked though that Backs wasn't pulled after the 3rd. All were not his fault, but you still pull him after the team went into a tail spin.
Agreed. He wasn't atrocious, but it clearly wasn't his night, and he was clearly rattled. Gotta pull him.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
HOW DO YOU GET CALLED FOR ICING WITH THE GOALIE PULLED?!

HOW?!

AND NOW YOU CALL THE ****ING TIMEOUT?!

NOW?!

NOT WHEN THE TEAM GAVE UP TWO GOALS IN AS MANY MINUTES? OR THREE GOALS IN FIVE MINUTES? OR FOUR GOALS IN SIX MINUTES?

BUT ****ING NOW?!

Jesus christ I have no words.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Here comes the bonus goal.

I'm gonna be pissed if Yeo comes out saying he's happy with the way they responded in the third and yada yada yada. Gotta be honest in assessing that the first-period meltdown was unacceptable and negates anything else.

I agree, even Joe Webb looks good in garbage time.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
What's the point of pulling the goalie if no one moves their feet.
It may not be the goalie's fault, but you pull him to send a message and provide a spark since you can't pull anyone else. The team didn't exactly move their feet during the 2nd either, but Kemp (or the act of putting him in) stopped the bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad