Speculation: 4th.OA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Thing

Jun 24, 2018
For the sake of this discussion, the premise of this post is that the Wings' 2020 1st. rd. pick(4thOA) is up for grabs.
Would like to hear from other team's fans as to what they would seriously offer and to hear from Wings' fans has to what they would like to see in return.

Without being rude, not looking to hear from fans saying we won't be moving the pick.

Thanks for the feedback.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
For the sake of this discussion, the premise of this post is that the Wings' 2020 1st. rd. pick(4thOA) is up for grabs.
Would like to hear from other team's fans as to what they would seriously offer and to hear from Wings' fans has to what they would like to see in return.

Without being rude, not looking to hear from fans saying we won't be moving the pick.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think ANA or NJ would want to trade up past OTTs 5th pick to draft Drysdale.
NJ would have Smith, Bahl on LD and Drysdale on RD.

ANA needs RD as well. Not sure of their cupboards on D.

Could see both offering a decent prospect (their #4th/5th ranked guy) + 3rd to do it.

DET could still get a decent forward at 6th or 7th? Perfetti or Rossi? Or select Guhle higher than most?

You run the risk of OTT drafting Drysdale at 3rd though, not sure what fans think of that?

As for if you're trading 4th for an established NHL player,

Reactions: bernmeister

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I'd offer William Nylander and 15th for 4th overall.

Reluctantly, but it could give us a great young player the add to our core and the added cap space can help add more depth to the lineup.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I think ANA or NJ would want to trade up past OTTs 5th pick to draft Drysdale.
NJ would have Smith, Bahl on LD and Drysdale on RD.

ANA needs RD as well. Not sure of their cupboards on D.

Could see both offering a decent prospect (their #4th/5th ranked guy) + 3rd to do it.

DET could still get a decent forwars at 6th or 7th? Perfetti or Rossi? Or select Guhle higher than most?

Wow, how can DET refuse a 3rd + "4th/5th ranked prospect"? Get the paperwork over asap. :laugh::skeptic:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
A team in a full rebuild won’t move it for guys making 6 million per year unless they’re superstars signed for another 6-8 years.

They’ll still want a top 10 pick plus a solid prospect. Maybe Toronto would want Drysdale and move the 10th pick plus Robertson for him. Their defence has always been a mess and that could set it up with Rielly, Sandin and Drysdale long term.

But I just don’t see Toronto wanting to move Robertson. But that’s what Detroit would be looking for if they were to move the 4th.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019

Reluctantly, but it could give us a great young player the add to our core and the added cap space can help add more depth to the lineup.

This is a solid offer imo and as a leaf fan im 50/50 on it

Reactions: johnnybbadd

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Would rather see Detroit trade up for the first overall pick and take cap dump from the Rangers, such as Marc Staal, but doubt that'll happen.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

I don't hate it.

Can Nylander play center?:popcorn::naughty:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I don't hate it.

Can Nylander play center?:popcorn::naughty:

He was drafted as one, but has been used predominantly on the wings.

He's pretty solid on faceoffs though. I'd hate to lose him to be honest but the ability to draft Drysdale is pretty attractive and it may make sense for Detroit only because they've got depth at RHD with Hronek and recently drafted Seider (who is a star in the making IMO).

Nylander, Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi and Fabbri is a good start in building that forward core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad