Speculation: 4th.OA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You would basically be getting 3 1st round picks. Foote was a recent first round pick who is not a “dime a dozen” winger prospect... in fact he would become your 3rd or 4th best prospect. He has top 6 potential. Plus a young 3rd line center (who would actually be your #2 this year after looking at your roster...) or a 3rd line winger who brings everything. Plus a 3rd round pick. Plus getting rid of one of your crappy contracts... you might not like the trade and would rather use the pick, that’s fine but acting like it’s not fair value is dumb. For a team that needs two of everything you’re getting a TON of futures/ assets here. The fact other red wings fans have already said they liked my proposal and have been trying to tweak it a little should tell you it’s fair value.

1. Call me when Foote has the potential to knock Mantha/Zadina/Bertuzzi/Fabbri out of a top 6 spot.

2. We don't need to get rid of any of our crappy contracts. But I'm not surprised that you think this considering you wandered into another thread thinking Detroit didn't have the cap space to take on Eriksson...

3. Apparently I'm supposed to be sold on giving up Drysdale/Perfetti/Rossi/Raymond because we could have 30 point Pavel Zacha as our 2C? :laugh:

4. It amuses me that you consistently try to re-write history in this thread and in the other. "The fact other Red Wings fans have already said they liked my proposal"... ONE Wings fan said that. Another said it was a lot of ifs. So first of all, your plural claim of, "Other Red Wings fans", is false. ONE said that they'd do it. And the fact that you've had more Red Wings fans say no completely blows this claim out of the water. Try again.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
1. Call me when Foote has the potential to knock Mantha/Zadina/Bertuzzi/Fabbri out of a top 6 spot.

2. We don't need to get rid of any of our crappy contracts. But I'm not surprised that you think this considering you wandered into another thread thinking Detroit didn't have the cap space to take on Eriksson...

3. Apparently I'm supposed to be sold on giving up Drysdale/Perfetti/Rossi/Raymond because we could have 30 point Pavel Zacha as our 2C? :laugh:

4. It amuses me that you consistently try to re-write history in this thread and in the other. "The fact other Red Wings fans have already said they liked my proposal"... ONE Wings fan said that. Another said it was a lot of ifs. So first of all, your plural claim of, "Other Red Wings fans", is false. ONE said that they'd do it. And the fact that you've had more Red Wings fans say no completely blows this claim out of the water. Try again.
You’ve tagged me in like 20 posts since I made that proposal and i haven’t responded to the last 5 yet here you are tagging me again You seriously need a hobby man haha. And Foote has the potential to knock someone out of your top 6. That’s what top 6 potential means... you act as if I made a proposal thread saying this is fair value take it or leave it. One of your fans asked for what others would give up for 4th OA. I made a proposal and i must’ve deeply offended you on a personal level or something because here you are once again all upset kicking and screaming

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You’ve tagged me in like 20 posts since I made that proposal and i haven’t responded to the last 5 yet here you are tagging me again You seriously need a hobby man haha. And Foote has the potential to knock someone out of your top 6. That’s what top 6 potential means... you act as if I made a proposal thread saying this is fair value take it or leave it. One of your fans asked for what others would give up for 4th OA. I made a proposal and i must’ve deeply offended you on a personal level or something because here you are once again all upset kicking and screaming

You do realize quoting a post tags you right? So the fact that I'm quoting you requires you to be engaged in a conversation with me. Solid logic fail, bud...

Foote isn't knocking any of those guys out of the top 6 any time soon. Please, just stop. You made a bad proposal, and it was pointed out. We all do it, just don't keep blindly defending it once it's obvious that it was bad.

Reactions: devils29

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
You do realize quoting a post tags you right? So the fact that I'm quoting you requires you to be engaged in a conversation with me. Solid logic fail, bud...

Foote isn't knocking any of those guys out of the top 6 any time soon. Please, just stop. You made a bad proposal, and it was pointed out. We all do it, just don't keep blindly defending it once it's obvious that it was bad.
I’m not even going to read what you wrote anymore because it’s incredibly annoying and wrong. Instead I’ll just like everything you tag me in so you feel good about yourself or something. I have 0 interest in continuing a conversation with someone who can only see in one dimension

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Nope would need to be the 5OA+33OA for the 4OA 59ish doesn't cut it.

What? Why? If the Wings don't have a specific guy they have to have, there's no reason to not pick up another solid pick for an irrelevant one spot drop. That said, if the Wings have Perfetti or Raymond or whoever as The Guy at 4, then even 33 shouldn't be enough to move off him.

Reactions: GlassesJacketShirt

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I remember a weird one in 02. Tampa traded the 4th (Joni Pitkanen) to the Flyers for Ruslan Fedetenko.
Not, the Lightning ended up getting a pass for this because Fedetenko was fairly essential in their cup win, but he was never even close to being worth the 4th pick.

It was him and 2 2nds in that draft. He was a 23 yr old at the time of the draft.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Value of trading down depends on how teams value the talent difference. We know who the top 3 more than likely are. Let's say Detroit values Raymond, Rossi, Perfetti, and Drysdale all equivalent and don't have an overwhelming need of one of them over the others, the price to move from 5/6/7 to 4th won't be as high as if Detroit sees one of them as significantly better/more needed. If they can pick up a mid 2nd and pick a guy that will be pretty similar to who they'd pick at 4, it's worth it. If they see a guy significantly better (let's say Perfetti), they will want a lot more to drop down and risk him being gone. Now, that's not saying they won't try to negotiate more, they may value the drop from 4th to 7th as a mid 2nd, but will still try to get a late 1st or an early 2nd, which depends on how the other team values the player at 4 compared to where they pick.

So the price will depend on where do you see a drop off? How many players are there in the same tier after Byfeld/Stutzle?

Edit: Also, making the trade prior to draft day will probably increase the value. Both teams are gambling on LA/Ott picking/passing on consensus players.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Nurse + 14th OA

This is the type of thing that makes sense for a team close to competing, but Detroit isn't.

Nurse would be an attractive piece to have, especially with our glaring hole on the left side, but not to move down 10 spots. Especially when you consider we'll likely still be a non-playoff team in 2 years, when he can walk away.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Please Dubas, do Nylander + 15th for 4th.
:crossfing:

Replied to this in another thread. While the value isn't bad, it just doesn't make sense for Detroit. Nylander's better suited on the wing, where Detroit isn't really lacking talent. That's not to say he wouldn't be battling with Mantha to be considered our best winger (Hopefully both to be surpassed by Zadina) but Detroit is set well enough on Top 6 wingers than it doesn't make sense to drop from 4th to 15th.

As a center, he slots in behind Larkin. I don't see this team winning or contending for a Cup with Larkin/Nylander as their centers. Different story if Larkin is bumped to 2C by somebody even better.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I'd offer William Nylander and 15th for 4th overall.

Reluctantly, but it could give us a great young player the add to our core and the added cap space can help add more depth to the lineup.
Horrible trade. Makes no sense.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
?? I was thinking they could offer Joe Veleno along with the pick. But anyways, to get an extra asset. I thought it was obvious.

Honest question, why would ottawa move out of a consensus top 3 for a player who hasnt done anything to help his value in his season in the ahl. Yes he is 20 years old and still has a lot of time to turn it around not attacking that at all because im not looking to start a huge argument attacking each others prospects for no reason. As of right now Velano's play isnt anything that makes him such a cant miss that ottawa does that trade

Even assuming Velano's value is still the same as when he was drafted so lets say late first, ask anyone if the value to move up into the consensus top 3 is a late first round pick

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think we've had enough fun in this thread. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad