Speculation: 4th.OA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
In what world does Yzerman says no to that? It's #4 OA, not #1 OA.
You'd be surprised to find that I've proposed this in other trade threads & our own Wings board & some fans of both teams gave some push back (which means the value is probably close). Also the "+" is undefined...(think small piece, Taro Hirose? Svechnikov (though I hate to give him up, he should rebound from injury this season), maybe a 3rd/4th? Also, the "cap dump" undefined. However, I feel this is a solid base for a deal. Besides, Serg & Cirelli are about to get paid.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
For the sake of this discussion, the premise of this post is that the Wings' 2020 1st. rd. pick(4thOA) is up for grabs.
Would like to hear from other team's fans as to what they would seriously offer and to hear from Wings' fans has to what they would like to see in return.

Without being rude, not looking to hear from fans saying we won't be moving the pick.

Thanks for the feedback.
Domi, 1st 16th, 2nd 45?, fluery, poehling? Brook?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Lots of cap for those two players long term.

Its not like getting those two players will turn the Wings around.
They'll go a good way to turning it around though. They check off 2 boxes amply & are still young/improving. It'd never happen for many reasons, but I'd consider it a good trade if we got those 2 +capdump (1yr) for 4OA + Hirose?

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Choose Foote over Kukkonanen and change the choice of Zacha/Wood to Kevin Bahl and I'm all in.
i probably wouldnt do it if Bahl had to be involved. sorta defeats the purpose. I think 3 firsts, a young roster player, and a 3rd is more than fair for 4th overall and a cap dump. TBH if the devils could come away with Drysdale and Holtz id cream my pants

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think ANA or NJ would want to trade up past OTTs 5th pick to draft Drysdale.
NJ would have Smith, Bahl on LD and Drysdale on RD.

ANA needs RD as well. Not sure of their cupboards on D.

Could see both offering a decent prospect (their #4th/5th ranked guy) + 3rd to do it.

DET could still get a decent forward at 6th or 7th? Perfetti or Rossi? Or select Guhle higher than most?

You run the risk of OTT drafting Drysdale at 3rd though, not sure what fans think of that?

As for if you're trading 4th for an established NHL player,

Lot to like in this, but they are solid enough at RD.

There is risk you don't get the best fit guy, but isn't top LD Sanderson? But he's like ballpark 7O?A projected, +/-.
Trick would be to trade down a couple of times and add assets while still snagging Sandy.

Not easy tho, prob like an inside straight in poker.

Would rather see Detroit trade up for the first overall pick and take cap dump from the Rangers, such as Marc Staal, but doubt that'll happen.

Zero percent chance NY moves down to 4OA.
Only move down theoretically close is w/LA, if Kings really wanted LaF and they overpaid w/2OA ++ -- not saying they do, just spitballing -- then the consolation prize is Byfield, + whatever swag you score.
Could Byfield be another Ovechkin?

But end of day, Rangers need dynamic scorer in addition to Panarin, and this guy checks of lots of boxes.

our current needs: 2C, 1LD, 1G & possibly 2LD soon.

Prefer 2C to be RHS

Not gonna spend Ranger draft capital for 4OA and got slammed but will try ot make a new thread discussing that by w'e.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
I would do a trade with Anaheim if anything.

To Detroit: 6th + 31st
Anaheim:4th

NJ is too hard to make a deal with unless they are giving up 2 1sts for our 4th and 32nd, which they wouldn't do.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
What else would it take from the Rangers for a deal to work??????

If they include:

Car 1st
2021 1st unprotected

The Pick can turn into something like SJ’s with OTT.

The idea is the Rangers are trying to complete their rebuild. Someone like Perfetti can help at C.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Lot to like in this, but they are solid enough at RD.

There is risk you don't get the best fit guy, but isn't top LD Sanderson? But he's like ballpark 7O?A projected, +/-.
Trick would be to trade down a couple of times and add assets while still snagging Sandy.

Not easy tho, prob like an inside straight in poker.

Zero percent chance NY moves down to 4OA.
Only move down theoretically close is w/LA, if Kings really wanted LaF and they overpaid w/2OA ++ -- not saying they do, just spitballing -- then the consolation prize is Byfield, + whatever swag you score.
Could Byfield be another Ovechkin?

But end of day, Rangers need dynamic scorer in addition to Panarin, and this guy checks of lots of boxes.

Not gonna spend Ranger draft capital for 4OA and got slammed but will try ot make a new thread discussing that by w'e.

Who's solid at RD? DET? If so I agree.
Figured ANA or NJ are hurting for another good RD, DET could pick another C in Perfetti/Rossi or go LD with Sanderson/Guhle moving down two or three spots while acquiring assets from ANA/NJ.

Reactions: bernmeister

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Primeau , Mete and MTL's 1st pick

Jake Bean + #13 + #43 for #4

Nylander Johnsson 2020 3rd and 2021 2nd for 4thOA?

Assuming Blues have signed Pietrangelo:

To DET: Colton Parayko, 26OA, Capitals' 2020 3rd
To STL: 4OA, Oilers 2020 2nd, Oilers 2021 2nd

18th OA + 20th OA+ Choice of Kukkonanen/Foote + choice of Zacha/Wood + Carolina 3rd for 4th OA + cap dump

tenor.gif

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
For me, the target would be Lucas Raymond.

I’d trade:

DeAngelo
Georgiev
22 Overall
2021 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->