#49 KINGS lose to WINGS 2-3 in Shoot Out, and we don't even get a Moral Victory ?

KingHouse11

Jul 5, 2013
Can't wait until the Maple Leafs miss the playoffs by one point, just missing out to the last seed Red Wings ... then maybe someone will care that they should not have gotten a single point from this game.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Off topic but it makes me feel a little better:

What is going on in Vancouver? LOL, Canucks fans think their image has changed.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Can't wait until the Maple Leafs miss the playoffs by one point, just missing out to the last seed Red Wings ... then maybe someone will care that they should not have gotten a single point from this game.

Yeah, it would be perfect if that happened.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The same GMs that gave Clarkson, Clowe, and Leino their contracts.

I forgot where I said it, but I'll guarantee it right now: the Wings make the playoffs on the last day of the season by one point.

Off topic but it makes me feel a little better:

What is going on in Vancouver? LOL, Canucks fans think their image has changed.

Garbage coach leading a garbage team.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
The same GMs that gave Clarkson, Clowe, and Leino their contracts.

I forgot where I said it, but I'll guarantee it right now: the Wings make the playoffs on the last day of the season by one point.

Garbage coach leading a garbage team.

But they just didn't get one point they got 2. So if they make it by either 1 or 2 it will come into play. The only thing they didn't get out of it was a ROW.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
It's so controversial the NHL network is not even showing any highlights other than the shootout.Skipped right over they entire game as if it didn't happen. Every other completed game has the full highlight package. :shakehead

do they ever show LA on that show?
I mean besides when a team from Canada beats them

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
This is one of the many reasons the NHL network needs to die in a fire.

They waited until the 12 am est time to show the full highlight package. I must admit, the Detroit feed showed the coverage between the two goalies much better. They showed them still going at it at the bench, until a 2 linesmen and a ref stepped between the two guys at the bench. I thought Quick might chuck his gatorade bottle at him at one point.:laugh:

Ewan McGregor*

as annoying that was, there's really no legitimate reason why the Kings should lose to the Wings twice in a row when the Wings are hurting. no ****ing reason

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but Sutter and Lombardi deserved what they got tonite. Keep sitting on your hands boys....your team is no better than it was last season and you still haven't proven you can beat Chicago. The definition of insanity...doing the same thing, with virtually the same players, over and over and expecting a different result. :handclap:

I have no sympathy for them right now, not even after a clear cut official screw up like tonite...especially that smug, incoherent, talent mismanager behind the bench.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Just finished watching the game on the dvr.

It's a ****ing embarrassment! I mean how the **** do you NOT think about including that in the rules? I mean really? How ****ing dumb do you have to be!?!?

Not ONE dumb **** thought "Hey guys! What if the puck ever bounces of the netting and in the goal..." Unbelievably dumb!

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/01/18/december-18-postgame-quotes-detroit/

Kyle Quincey, on the Howard-Quick exchange:

Quickie was like, Jimmy was pushing him so Quickie had to answer him so he did…Jimmy started it and Quickie came in and answered him and just said you know if you’re going to push our guys, I’m going to push your guys.

That's a pretty awesome quote by Quincey on Quick.

Lombardi is also chiming in:

"Coaches get fired, GMs get fired, but somebody's got to be held accountable." - Dean Lombardi

https://twitter.com/lakingsinsider/status/424746666667687936

Leave it to Sutter for the best quotes ever...:

On being so close to a victory:
Yeah, that’s what I told our [players.] You know what? We got screwed. Right? It’s one-one going into the third. You know what? It’s like friggin’ tough rinks. We scored a power play goal late. They could see the puck when Dwight King covered it with his hand, but they couldn’t see it when it went over the barn and came back in. Hell, just think – if there wasn’t a net there, they could’ve caught it, thrown it back in, scored, and they still had time, and nobody would’ve seen it. What are you going to do at the outdoor game? What happens if it goes through a cumulus cloud and comes back down?…Like, what are they going to say? [Reporter: Is the beach volleyball court out of bounds?] That’s just embarrassing. That’s embarrassing. It shouldn’t even be that.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Howard celebrating after the SO. Congrats on the free two points. Pathetic.

That was the worst. Totally classless reaction by the Wings.

Any goal, no matter how scored should be completely reviewable.

This. How hard is it for that to be the rule?

I read many posts on HF bords where they are laughing at soccer or everything connected to them, but there you will at least see, that some players will acknowledge to referee that they scored irregular goal when it is so obviously but referee somehow missed it.

In NHL I don't know if I ever saw that. And that is why I was really bothered with Wings celebration at the end. I personally could never celebrate a win like that if I would win with such a obvious mistake that everybody but referees were aware of....

Just think if Zetterberg or one of the Wings went to the refs when they were discussing the play and said "hey the puck went out of play, shouldn't be a goal". It would have gone down as one of the classiest displays of sportsmanship ever in any sport. Talk about a missed opportunity.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
If Ramsay saw the reffs work today, he would throw then in the garbage can.
9d52c9dfc0ee2409446d8aff8944e519e7997c213e2771262fa99e00fa0b6956.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad