#49 KINGS lose to WINGS 2-3 in Shoot Out, and we don't even get a Moral Victory ?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
This is one of the many reasons the NHL network needs to die in a fire.

First rule in an autocracy, especially a poorly run one, is control the media. Also, the ability of people to make comments about those in power.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
We can sit here and ***** about the reffing all day and night, but this roster is failing in it's current alignment/construction. The Kings have now scored more than 2 goals three times in their last 13 games, pathetic. We play boring, lifeless hockey, and have no right to poke fun at Nashville or Minnesota anymore.

Whatever line King is moved to is our best line. Why is that? Because he's the only LW we have on our roster worth a damn right now.

When you let bad/decimated teams hang around, you leave yourself open to things flipping on you late in the game. All it takes is a single penalty, momentum swing, or bad bounce. That Red Wing roster we played tonight is an absolute joke, and we let them hang around (like the Kings seem to do a ton this year)

Kopi had as bad a game as I can remember. Totally tentative, bad passes, and no offensive instincts. Kopi's kryptonite is the middle of the ice infront of the opposing goalie. He's got a 40 goal wristshot, and refuses to use it

If Lombardi waits until the trade deadline to make a move, kiss home ice in the first round goodbye. We are lucky Vancouver is a dumpster fire, otherwise we could be looking at a wildcard slot with the chance to get beat by Chicago in round one.

Last edited:

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
First rule in an autocracy, especially a poorly run one, is control the media. Also, the ability of people to make comments about those in power.

sorry to be a bit off topic but didn't you have an avatar a few hours ago?

back on topic, I'm still a bit annoyed, **** happens but its ridiculous how incompetent the refs and the NHL are about this situation

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Quick is awesome. Surprise there wasn't a thread about this on the main boards, with comments like "Quick is so cocky. Kings suck. Captain derp derp. Miller>>Quick."

tumblr_mzmreguAi11stha67o1_250.gif
tumblr_mzmreguAi11stha67o2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mzmreguAi11stha67o3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mzmreguAi11stha67o4_250.gif

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Puck Out of Bounds
Rule 85.1 However, if the puck striking the spectator netting goes unnoticed by the on-ice officials, play shall continue as normal and resulting play with the puck shall be deemed a legitimate play. Players must not stop playing the game until they hear the whistle to do so.

Source

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Puck Out of Bounds
Rule 85.1 However, if the puck striking the spectator netting goes unnoticed by the on-ice officials, play shall continue as normal and resulting play with the puck shall be deemed a legitimate play. Players must not stop playing the game until they hear the whistle to do so.

Source

A rule that obviously needs to be changed, especially if it results in a goal immediately after hitting the netting.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Ducks fan coming in piece. Saw that "goal" All I got to say is wow. You got screwed. Every goal should be reviewable regardless.

Anyways looking forward to next week. Goodluck

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
What comes around goes around. Yeah it's **** but we would be smitten if we were in detroits shoes, which we have been in the past. We played without execution. We either need to trade for someone to shake **** up or we need our team to get it together. We all know they can. I love this team and I see a trade as a last resort. They are capable of winning decisively and have done in the past. I can't see a trade helping that much. It's practically the whole team flunking. They need something to light their farts

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
We can sit here and ***** about the reffing all day and night, but this roster is failing in it's current alignment/construction. The Kings have now scored more than 2 goals three times in their last 13 games, pathetic. We play boring, lifeless hockey, and have no right to poke fun at Nashville or Minnesota anymore.

Whatever line King is moved to is our best line. Why is that? Because he's the only LW we have on our roster worth a damn right now.

When you let bad/decimated teams hang around, you leave yourself open to things flipping on you late in the game. All it takes is a single penalty, momentum swing, or bad bounce. That Red Wing roster we played tonight is an absolute joke, and we let them hang around (like the Kings seem to do a ton this year)

Kopi had as bad a game as I can remember. Totally tentative, bad passes, and no offensive instincts. Kopi's kryptonite is the middle of the ice infront of the opposing goalie. He's got a 40 goal wristshot, and refuses to use it

If Lombardi waits until the trade deadline to make a move, kiss home ice in the first round goodbye. We are lucky Vancouver is a dumpster fire, otherwise we could be looking at a wildcard slot with the chance to get beat by Chicago in round one.

What do you want Lombardi to do? There's no cap space because of the lockout.

When Richards is on pace for 12 goals, Brown for 17, and Kopitar won't go to the middle of the ice in front of the opposing goalie, that's the problem, not the lack of additions from the outside. The Kings are expecting 40+ combined goals out of Richards/Brown(they both take up a lot of cap space), not less than 30. Kopitar is Kopitar, he's said it himself earlier this year. He's not thinking shot, and not forcing a shot. If it's there, he'll take it, if not, he'll do something else.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Didnt watch the game, but jsut watched the highlights.

Pretty incredible that video review doesn't allow for situations where the war room can overturn goals that aren't in the rulebook. I mean they watch the replays, they see that its a bad goal and shouldn't count, and then they have to say "well its not a goal, but we have to award it as a goal". Lol. Common sense, what is it?

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

pretty much this ^^^^. I'm so sick and tired of seeing highlights from other games where teams score 4 goals - and lose! And goals are scored on beautiful plays!!!

Good teams score more than 2 goals.

With the Kings I'm anxious (THANKFUL!!!) for 1 goal (and much like last night they give it back within a minute :rant: ) 2 goals?? simply amazing!!!

This team needs a shake up to get the goals flowing.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
I guess in a 5-1 game no-one would care about the bone-headed play of the officials. However, the loss of one point by the Kings and the Wings gaining two points may have a very significant impact on the standings after 82 games. Hopefully it doesn't but it'll be interesting to revisit this at the end of the season.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I agree with what some of you are saying about Kopitar. He did have one or two opportunities with the puck on his stick in the middle of the ice last night, but he seemingly refuses to shoot.

It's time to just bench him when it comes to the PP for a while. He needs to wake up and change his mindset when it comes to shooting the puck.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I guess in a 5-1 game no-one would care about the bone-headed play of the officials. However, the loss of one point by the Kings and the Wings gaining two points may have a very significant impact on the standings after 82 games. Hopefully it doesn't but it'll be interesting to revisit this at the end of the season.

Nah, I hope it does affect the standings in the East. I hope a big market team like Toronto misses the playoffs by 1 point over it.

Ron*

I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but Sutter and Lombardi deserved what they got tonite. Keep sitting on your hands boys....your team is no better than it was last season and you still haven't proven you can beat Chicago. The definition of insanity...doing the same thing, with virtually the same players, over and over and expecting a different result. :handclap:

I have no sympathy for them right now, not even after a clear cut official screw up like tonite...especially that smug, incoherent, talent mismanager behind the bench.

Wow. You were able to parlay a blown call into your continuing grandstanding that we should be able to improve our team a la 2012 when Jeff Carter was pining away to get moved out of hell and we still had cap space to bring him in.

Now there is neither. There is no top-flite player out there on the trade blocks that we can afford under the salary cap without chucking our core.

Accept it now. This is the team we are going with to the dance. For better or worse.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Quick is awesome. Surprise there wasn't a thread about this on the main boards, with comments like "Quick is so cocky. Kings suck. Captain derp derp. Miller>>Quick."

tumblr_mzmreguAi11stha67o1_250.gif
tumblr_mzmreguAi11stha67o2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mzmreguAi11stha67o3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mzmreguAi11stha67o4_250.gif

The best thing about it is that Quincey pointed out that Howard started it and Quick ended it.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
When they first showed the replay from the end camera, I so badly wanted to see that the puck didn't hit the mesh, and it was just an unlucky play. Instead of complete ********.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
No word from Herby and others of his ilk on Mike Richards' "poor" play tonight?

When there's nothing to complain about, we hear crickets!

As far as the lineup goes, now that Brown seems to be waking up, I'd rather see him and Williams back on the top line and Carter dropped back down with Richards and whoever on LW. Carter is better with Richards than he is with Kopi and Richards is better with Carter. LW is always going to be a problem but if they put King on the second line, that might work.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Wow. You were able to parlay a blown call into your continuing grandstanding that we should be able to improve our team a la 2012 when Jeff Carter was pining away to get moved out of hell and we still had cap space to bring him in.

Now there is neither. There is no top-flite player out there on the trade blocks that we can afford under the salary cap without chucking our core.

Accept it now. This is the team we are going with to the dance. For better or worse.

Pretty much this. The new CBA saw to that. The only teams rewarded from a salary cap standpoint were those that had bad contracts to buy out. Teams that didn't have any bad contracts are right up against the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad