#49 KINGS lose to WINGS 2-3 in Shoot Out, and we don't even get a Moral Victory ?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Howard celebrating after the SO. Congrats on the free two points. Pathetic.

To be fair he played an excellent game and has really turned around lately. To all you Kings fans, everybody on the wings board is saying we didn't deserve the goal and that it was one of our stars of the game FWIW.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
If the referees lose sight of the puck, the play is supposed to be dead. How could the on ice official call that a goal if he can't see the puck, then all of the sudden it falls from the sky and drops into the net? The play should have been dead before that even happened.

Great point, never thought of that, so either

1. They lost sight, automatic whistle
2. They watched it go out of play

Either way an error, and no plausible excuses. They screwed up. Could be costly the way we are playing.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
lulzing at all the "finally caught a break" comments. They play in East, doesn't get much easier than that.

Ron*

Some of you guys need to get a life. The refs made a mistake. Get over it and move on.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
But to me, best tandem in the league is Dallas

Most of the Southern markets have good tandems. I like Florida, Carolina and Columbus duos. I have a man crush on Bob's voice but I barely can stand Fox. Does he get paid per the words come out of his mouth? I'm not saying he doesn't make quality commentary, cause he does, but he talks way damn too much. Can't he switch with Evans :cry:

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Salt in the wound.

The play should have been and could have been reviewed based on the wording of the law.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=57314

38.4 Situations Subject to Video Review - The following situations are subject to review by the Video Goal Judge:

(i) Puck crossing the goal line.

(ii) Puck in the net prior to the goal frame being dislodged.

(iii) Puck in the net prior to, or after expiration of time at the end of the period.

(iv) Puck directed or batted into the net by a hand or foot. With the use of a foot/skate, was a distinct kicking motion evident? If so, the apparent goal must be disallowed. A DISTINCT KICKING MOTION is one which, with a pendulum motion, the player propels the puck with his skate into the net. If the Video Goal Judge determines that it was put into the net by an attacking player using a distinct kicking motion, it must be ruled NO GOAL. This would also be true even if the puck, after being kicked, deflects off any other player of either team and then into the net. This is still NO GOAL. See also 49.2.

(v) Puck deflected directly into the net off an Official.

(vi) Puck struck with a high-stick, above the height of the crossbar, by an attacking player prior to entering the goal. The determining factor is where the puck makes contact with the stick. If the puck makes contact with the stick below the level of the crossbar and enters the goal, this goal shall be allowed.

(vii) To establish the correct time on the official game clock, provided the game time is visible on the Video Goal Judge’s monitors.

(viii) The video review process shall be permitted to assist the referees in determining the legitimacy of all potential goals (e.g. to ensure they are “good hockey goals”). For example (but not limited to), pucks that enter the net by going through the net meshing, pucks that enter the net from underneath the net frame, pucks that enter the net undetected by the referee, etc.

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Yes we got screwed, badly. With that said, we played down to the level of our competition once again, and Kopi is playing horrendously

The Wings are quick, they get sticks everywhere. The Kings looked like they usually do against the Wings in Detroit. Or LA most of the time.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yeah, you would think the "not limited too" portion of that rule would allow them to use their common sense and look at the replay.

Hope the Red Wings make the playoffs by one point so this matters to the NHL and one other team. Then, I hope the Red Wings get swept.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
The Wings are quick, they get sticks everywhere. The Kings looked like they usually do against the Wings in Detroit. Or LA most of the time.

********! The Kings played good enough to WIN the game in regulation, and they got screwed by the refs - end of story.

They shouldn't have to beat a team twice in one game, should they?

TopGunner

Gunning For Playoffs
Oct 8, 2013
Rowland Heights Ca.
It would be nice if the NHL implemented something along the lines of each team gets one video review/challenge per game and if the call goes against the challenger a 2 minute penalty for delay of game is given. It Give teams some sort of recourse against bad ref calls so disasters like this do not happen.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
There's nothing they can do about this game but they need to fix this. That was a joke. Put it in the system so it doesn't happen again. There is zero reason that it shouldn't already be in there.

KingKopitar11*

I have 20/20 vision, so I guess I'm over qualified to be a ref.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
It would be nicer if the netting were to actually catch and keep the puck out of play like in football where the netting protects spectators and catches the gaming object to actually keep it out of play.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
********! The Kings played good enough to WIN the game in regulation, and they got screwed by the refs - end of story.

They shouldn't have to beat a team twice in one game, should they?

There's no question about that. I'm just saying that it's how the Kings usually play in Detroit. The defensive zone turnovers, the faceoff losses, just struggling to get much going offensively. Now, that third thing, is obviously not just confined to games against the Wings, but it's similar to games against Chicago. The Wings just pass the puck, boom, boom, boom, 1, 2, 3. The Kings have trouble with that.

Plus something weird always happens to the Kings in Detroit. Yzerman years ago scoring with like a second left. The one game in 2012 where the Kings gave up 2 quick goals at the end of the 3rd to lose. It hasn't been a good place for the Kings over the years, and not just because Detroit has been so good.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
To be fair he played an excellent game and has really turned around lately. To all you Kings fans, everybody on the wings board is saying we didn't deserve the goal and that it was one of our stars of the game FWIW.

Go away. There was nothing fair about the outcome tonight.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Would have been nice if the Kings actually tried to score in the shootout.

Would have been nicer to get a make up call in OT, and go on a 4-on-3. There was more than one opportunity to make one.

Yeah. Weird. The soft calls early don't get called late. Ugh.

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
I read many posts on HF bords where they are laughing at soccer or everything connected to them, but there you will at least see, that some players will acknowledge to referee that they scored irregular goal when it is so obviously but referee somehow missed it.

In NHL I don't know if I ever saw that. And that is why I was really bothered with Wings celebration at the end. I personally could never celebrate a win like that if I would win with such a obvious mistake that everybody but referees were aware of....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad