Post-Game Talk: #49 | FLYERS (A) vs. Devils (H) | Tuesday, Apr. 27, 2021 | Loss 6-4

BudEagle

Nov 9, 2013
New Jersey
giphy.gif

Terror at 200 x 85 feet.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
It honestly looked like Elliot was trying to throw the game with some of those save attempts.

It was pathetic really.... that 4th goal he covered half of the outside of the net... lol.. We should thank him because the lower we finish the better chance they keep the pick or you should get good value for it in a blockbuster type deal. Reality is this team is broken..... imagine if G, Jake and Voracek were tanking it..... BTW Hayes really does suck one of the main reasons this season went off track as he's been an albatross since 10-15 games in (good last year disaster this year). No one can generate with him on his line that plus Patrick as 3C were killers this season. AV should be fired for vouching for Hayes lol. Only way you shouldn't blow this up is if you can trade for Eichel w/o having to move Couts.... with our current c's I just don't see how this gets better unless Tanner or Frost pop which i'm not holding my breathe on tbh.. can't believe this team fell apart this badly....sick

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Losing really is the best thing for this team. They need another high-end talent. Patrick flopping was a killer.

Really was... devastating .... Flyers curse (thats why you can't trade him lol or he'll become a top 6 forward in Vegas miraculously)...

How pathetic has this season been... forwards have no energy except for G and Jake.....Even Wade is now boring to watch playing with Laughton.... fuc**** embarrassing

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Really was... devastating .... Flyers curse (thats why you can't trade him lol or he'll become a top 6 forward in Vegas miraculously)...

How pathetic has this season been... forwards have no energy except for G and Jake.....Even Wade is now boring to watch playing with Laughton.... fuc**** embarrassing
I don't see Patrick becoming anything special. I don't even know if he breaks a sweat most nights.

Reactions: CSKA1974

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Didn't watch. How was Zamula?
He looked pretty darn good. Were there rookie moments for sure. You chuckle when he blindly passed it cross ice and no one was waiting for the puck. But he looked tall AND PLAYED TALL AND BIG. It was glaring to see a Flyers defenseman actually hit someone when they tried to screen Elliott. What a crazy concept!! No he won't be paired with Provorov asap and all our d problems are solved. But as a bottom pair d-man role absolutely he can fill.

PS Elliott was such a s show it was pretty hard to judge the d. They weren't howe/mccrimmon by any means but Elliott speed is now the worst of any goalie. Worse than Bryz. Worse than Sean Burke.

Reactions: freakydallas13

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I don't see Patrick becoming anything special. I don't even know if he breaks a sweat most nights.

I see some glimmers (today he wasn't bad) but I agree the work ethic (zero progression) and lack of emotion is alarming. I'd give him one off season to wake the f*** up (he's legitimately had a rough road). Unless its in a big deal makes absolutely zero sense to trade him this off season.. really a late 2nd rd pick (which was a rumour at the deadline) is a waste. He's going to be cheap, give him one more shot this off season if its the same sh** next year you dump him for 3rd or another teams disappointment. Beyond stupid to lose him in ED or trade for mediocre pick now

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I see some glimmers (today he wasn't bad) but I agree the work ethic (zero progression) and lack of emotion is alarming. I'd give him one off season to wake the f*** up (he's legitimately had a rough road). Unless its in a big deal makes absolutely zero sense to trade him this off season.. really a late 2nd rd pick (which was a rumour at the deadline) is a waste. He's going to be cheap, give him one more shot this off season if its the same sh** next year you dump him for 3rd or another teams disappointment. Beyond stupid to lose him in ED or trade for mediocre pick now
I don't know... Sometimes it's just best to cut bait on flatliners, especially if they aren't producing. They need to change the culture of the team, and I don't think Patrick fits. They need more players with a high motor, as evidenced by their pattern of sleepwalking starts.

Reactions: tucson83

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's the goalies, stupid.
I mean Elliott had a couple nice saves, but also at least two goals he has no business allowing, thing is good goalies have 10 tough saves for every bad goal allowed.

Zamula played more ES minutes than any other defenseman, that was very interesting. Like AV sees a top four defenseman there and was pushing him.

Myers actually played a good game with a couple bad gaffes, maybe it's just a matter of patience, Ghost looked like crap until AV put the fear of the waiver wire in him - Myers needs a different approach, but the same issue, learning to focus.

The fourth line played pretty well, scores a goal, disappears. Uh, we're out of the playoffs, maybe we should play the kids more instead of running the top line into the ice and maybe getting them injured in meaningless games.

ugiswrong

Dec 8, 2005
deutschland
Wait, no filters anymore?

I only watch recaps on dtmts these days but just wanted to share that Elliot played like a combination of an ox, an ass, and a camel.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's the goalies, stupid.
I mean Elliott had a couple nice saves, but also at least two goals he has no business allowing, thing is good goalies have 10 tough saves for every bad goal allowed.

Zamula played more ES minutes than any other defenseman, that was very interesting. Like AV sees a top four defenseman there and was pushing him.

Myers actually played a good game with a couple bad gaffes, maybe it's just a matter of patience, Ghost looked like crap until AV put the fear of the waiver wire in him - Myers needs a different approach, but the same issue, learning to focus.

The fourth line played pretty well, scores a goal, disappears. Uh, we're out of the playoffs, maybe we should play the kids more instead of running the top line into the ice and maybe getting them injured in meaningless games.

Uh, Ghost was good when he got waived. Let's not credit that stupidity with making him good, he had been all year.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I don't know... Sometimes it's just best to cut bait on flatliners, especially if they aren't producing. They need to change the culture of the team, and I don't think Patrick fits. They need more players with a high motor, as evidenced by their pattern of sleepwalking starts.
He's still young and cheap which is probably the best thing you can say about him right now. But he's a total passenger. I'd give him one more year to figure things out. If there's no progress next year, it's probably best for him and the team to move on.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Uh, Ghost was good when he got waived. Let's not credit that stupidity with making him good, he had been all year.
This is an indisputable fact. He’s led the D both visually and statistically all year long. Only Sanheim has played similarly as well.

And that’s while being forced to carry Provorov, Hagg, Myers, Prosser, and Morin. It’s a shame that he hasn’t had a single competent partner since 2017-2018. I wonder how he’d perform with one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad