Post-Game Talk: #49 | FLYERS (A) vs. Devils (H) | Tuesday, Apr. 27, 2021 | Loss 6-4

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
"Defensive breakdowns" is the common theme of this game and why they gave up 6 goals, according to Keith Jones. My takeaway too, Keith. Defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefense.
yeah, yeah, yeah, Ignoooooooooooooooooreland :devdance:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"Defensive breakdowns" is the common theme of this game and why they gave up 6 goals, according to Keith Jones. My takeaway too, Keith. Defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefensedefense.

Hartnell talking about tattooing "play hard" each shift on the players. Earth Prime sucks ass, man.
#f***KeithJones

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
IMG_7063.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Hartnell talking about tattooing "play hard" each shift on the players. Earth Prime sucks ass, man.

I don’t know how your takeaway from that game is anything other than the goaltending was an abortion.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I was really hoping Sanheim and Myers would take the next step this year. They have so much offensive potential to only have 3 goal and a couple dozen assists between them

Reactions: BernieParent

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Did Hagg have his 20th straight good game (metrics wise) and is finally proving you all wrong that he’s now not the leagues worst third pairing defenseman?

He definitely had himself a good game tonight. Moved the puck well a couple times and overall wasnt a detriment.

20 good games shouldnt outweigh the 240 crap games though.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The game was irrelevant but Zamula is going to to be a top 4 guy starting next season.
Most of us thought Myers was going to be a top 4 early in his tenure. We were wrong. Sanheim was overrated, also. And Provorov. So I’m not going to get too excited this early.

Reactions: CSKA1974

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Every dman YOLO lunges at pucks as they're being carried by instead of backskating and defending normally. And they miss a lot. It's one of the many various reasons why we keep ending up with one dman back to defend a rush. Even Braun, who is supposed to be the most defensively responsible and experienced of the lot. Someone on this coaching staff has to be telling them to do it. Their whole defensive strategy involves aggressively chasing pucks and they get burned constantly.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Every dman YOLO lunges at pucks as they're being carried by instead of backskating and defending normally. And they miss a lot. It's one of the many various reasons why we keep ending up with one dman back to defend a rush. Even Braun, who is supposed to be the most defensively responsible and experienced of the lot. Someone on this coaching staff has to be telling them to do it. Their whole defensive strategy involves aggressively chasing pucks and they get burned constantly.
Its a positioning/coaching thing. Same reason why they constantly get beaten to shoot arounds and chips into the corners, and why there always backpeddling when the other team gains possession in there OWN zone.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Its a positioning/coaching thing. Same reason why they constantly get beaten to shoot arounds and chips into the corners, and why there always backpeddling when the other team gains possession in there OWN zone.

Really amazing how opposing teams are always prepared to defend and aren't scrambling to catch up to rushes like our team often is.

eaglesfan036

Apr 24, 2016
Another game the Flyers would have won with league average goaltending - just that one thing alone gets this team into the playoffs

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad