Post-Game Talk: #48: FLYERS 5 at Canadiens 2, Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I understand your assertion, Bern, and obviously respect your grasp of the editing side of this and would agree with you in a different setting. But here on social media, we have to flex the "rules" linguistically so that people "hear" what they see. If posted as "fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire," the "e" can't support the long "i" long enough to carry your "sight" into "hearing" it as a long "i" - when you see it written like that, you either hear "fur," as if it were a string of short "i"'s, or Alabama "fire," i.e. "far"

It's one of these situations where you sacrifice the grammatical legitimacy in order to "make music" with words, as it were. Just my opinion, obviously, but I do feel strongly about it. I mean, not an "angry" strongly or anything, just a "convinced" strongly, as it were.

Thanks, Cap. Let's just say we have the truth cornered between us and ...

giphy.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This was a night where Ghost deserved little ice time.

MacDonald deserved 0 and all of it should have gone to Myers, but Ghost was poop too. That one rushed shot when he had all the space in the world to do anything but take a terrible shot was more Hoggy/MacDonaldy than anything Hogg or MacDonald did. That clawed at my soul. I expect far better from him; that kind of nonsense coming from him is worse when a gimp like MacD does it because he is capable of far more.

Reactions: Flyersfan1493

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Carter Hart's intelligence, maturity, and innate leadership skills for a 20 year old are off the charts. I can't recall the Flyers having another rookie that age who impresses like he does in interviews.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Carter Hart's intelligence, maturity, and innate leadership skills for a 20 year old are off the charts. I can't recall the Flyers having another rookie that age who impresses like he does in interviews.

Think Lindros was like that. He had been used to giving interviews since he was like 14, which helped.

Reactions: Foggy14

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

There haven't been too many rookies at that age in the spotlight which in itself is a boost to characteristics of Hart. Dave Poulin had captaincy written all over him from day one though he was older and more experienced. Brian Boucher was older than 20 when he came on board but had the reputation for being mature at that point in time.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Think Lindros was like that. He had been used to giving interviews since he was like 14, which helped.
Nah. Lindros mumbled and didn't show any personality in interviews. Always looked uncomfortable and like he wanted the interview to end. Hart looks like he's having fun in interviews.

Reactions: Carter Hart

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Fact:
Patrick and Hart playing well is more important to the future of this team than an 18% chance at Jack Hughes.
But....adding the 'Huguenot" would be epic. Maybe they keep winning along with the other bottom dwellers and we retain a decent chance of still getting him.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
There haven't been too many rookies at that age in the spotlight which in itself is a boost to characteristics of Hart. Dave Poulin had captaincy written all over him from day one though he was older and more experienced. Brian Boucher was older than 20 when he came on board but had the reputation for being mature at that point in time.
Yeah, Hart physically looks like a little kid, yet speaks like a seasoned veteran (aside from his almost effervescent enthusiasm). Poulin was 24 or 25 and had spent 4 years at Notre Dame and a year playing professionally in Sweden before his rookie season.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

Hopefully not. But if there's one defenseman they may consider trading in a big trade, it's probably him.

I'm haunted by the thought of giving up on Ghost and getting a reasonable, but not great, return and seeing him with a club, with a really good coaching staff, that lets him lead the rush and releases him from the prison he's been in on the very, very far left corner of our under-achieving power play.

I'm worried that we'd feel like fools for letting him go before we had a real coach at the helm who might know how to use the skills we've all seen.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Boucher was a very mature interviewee indeed at a young age. Why now he is a good TV personality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad