Post-Game Talk: #48: FLYERS 5 at Canadiens 2, Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Cap'n, you know I love you like a brother ... even though I have very little knowledge about who you are beyond representing yourself as a talking cat that is both a cartoon and imaginary in that cartoon.

But I cannot agree with you here and remain true to myself. The silent 'e' is a modifier of the previous vowel. I would put forward my premise that it would convert the sound of a single 'i' or of a million in sequence. Much like we can capture the exuberant announcement of a Latino soccer PBP guy as: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL.

That being said, I don't think either Strunk or White have my back on this.

I understand your assertion, Bern, and obviously respect your grasp of the editing side of this and would agree with you in a different setting. But here on social media, we have to flex the "rules" linguistically so that people "hear" what they see. If posted as "fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire," the "e" can't support the long "i" long enough to carry your "sight" into "hearing" it as a long "i" - when you see it written like that, you either hear "fur," as if it were a string of short "i"'s, or Alabama "fire," i.e. "far"

It's one of these situations where you sacrifice the grammatical legitimacy in order to "make music" with words, as it were. Just my opinion, obviously, but I do feel strongly about it. I mean, not an "angry" strongly or anything, just a "convinced" strongly, as it were.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
There was a stretch in the first period where the defensive pairs were totally jumbled up and Ghost wasn't on the ice for a long time. There was Provorov - Hagg, Sanheim - Gudas and then like Provorov - MacDonald. Maybe Ghost had an issue or maybe he got benched for a while. He ended up with two assists and provided a screen on one of the goals.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
You missed the Rat's Patootie Day we held in 2007 on HF. It was extensive. We had a variety of promotional material ranging from frisbees to T-shirts. Even Ken Linseman got involved. This is sarcasm.

Ken-Rat.jpg

tenor.gif

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
We can't look past that first period. I'm glad Hart is rising to the occasion, but we need to be there for our goalie. We also need to bury those pucks. This game could have been more like 7-2 if pucks weren't bouncing so much. Amac is still out there, please get his ass off the ice.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Yes. I want all the kids. Right. Now.

Twarynski*-Bunnaman(Vorobyev)-Bailey on 4th line
Myers, Morin and Friedman on D

Can be replaced by any of Rubtsov, Vorobyev, NAK, Kase when they get healthy.

I was thinking there's never been a time when the Flyers had so many near-NHL prospects at a time when they could afford to have them all make mistakes and fail.

Except for those times in 1984-85-86 when they did that and went to the SCF and led the league in points and stuff like that.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Thank you.

Hmmmmm.... so I think that he will not be rookie next season. Bad. :-(
Who really cares if he’s a rookie or not. What people need to realize is the flyers may have FINALLY found their all star caliber goaltender for the next decade or so. He could end up being the BEST player for the team going forward. Just think about that for a second the flyers BEST player could be their GOALIE.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I was thinking there's never been a time when the Flyers had so many near-NHL prospects at a time when they could afford to have them all make mistakes and fail.

Except for those times in 1984-85-86 when they did that and went to the SCF and led the league in points and stuff like that.
Way different time. Those kids had the it factor and most of this teams kids dont

Last edited:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
There was a stretch in the first period where the defensive pairs were totally jumbled up and Ghost wasn't on the ice for a long time. There was Provorov - Hagg, Sanheim - Gudas and then like Provorov - MacDonald. Maybe Ghost had an issue or maybe he got benched for a while. He ended up with two assists and provided a screen on one of the goals.
It’s not like Ghost has no value but Myers is ready. If Fletcher wants to go big in the trade department, Ghost would bring a good return. If Fletcher is going to make smaller moves, then Hagg could be gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00