Post-Game Talk: #48: FLYERS 5 at Canadiens 2, Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I wonder if this is the type of thing Patrick will do, dominate at the 2nd half. Boy has he turned it on. He still is a little too passive imo. TK had a nice game, but I still want to see that agitator in him.

Simmonds is still raising that trade value!

Hart stole my heart with that game. It’s so sad this team can’t give him a SO. He’s deserved like 5 so far. What a blessing.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Incidentally, JVR in Toronto was actually a Corsi machine. A lot of that is because of sheltered minutes and offensive zone starts, but he was also playing with third liners a lot. Tonight you saw some of the reasons why as he used his body on the forecheck and protecting the puck. His goal was a huge point in this game.

imo he needs to play with a guy like coots to make up for his weaknesses

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Because skating speed isn't the problem.

PLAYING SLOW is the problem.

It's not that the players are too slow, it's that their lack of system causes issues.

Tonight I didn't think it was Gordon's system, because his lust for sailing the puck up ice can be damned quick when it isn't all icings and tip-in dumps. They didn't get a good start and mentally collapsed. Tonight they recovered for once and they weren't held back by a horrific, stifling offensive system.

But still, shame on them for collapsing as hard as they did and goddamn is it a problem to have such a flimsy system to fall back on when guys aren't confident.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
By the way, this is what I meant when I said that after they survived in the first things would be better.

Just had a feeling it was one of those games where we get pooped on, they don't take advantage, and it bites them in the butt later on. You know, exactly what happens to us all the time.

Hart was amazing, Patrick was great, the top line was dangerous... that was more fun to watch than most games this year.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Tonight I didn't think it was Gordon's system, because his lust for sailing the puck up ice can be damned quick when it isn't all icings and tip-in dumps. They didn't get a good start and mentally collapsed. Tonight they recovered for once and they weren't held back by a horrific, stifling offensive system.

But still, shame on them for collapsing as hard as they did and goddamn is it a problem to have such a flimsy system to fall back on when guys aren't confident.
Yeah, agreed. I still maintain that coaching and confidence are 90% of the problem with this team.

They're not too slow, they have plenty of skill, they have great vets and promising youth... they're just severely underachieving. That's why blowing it up is such a horrible idea and why the overreactions are so irksome.

Reactions: baudib1

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Yeah, agreed. I still maintain that coaching and confidence are 90% of the problem with this team.

They're not too slow, they have plenty of skill, they have great vets and promising youth... they're just severely underachieving. That's why blowing it up is such a horrible idea and why the overreactions are so irksome.

The first period was about as bad as they've looked all year tbf.

Reactions: Tripod

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Too bad the East has been very good this year. If we were in the Western Conference, we would still a chance at the playoffs.

HeyHanrahan

Sep 20, 2018
PA
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad