OT: 47th Obsequious Banter Thread - Patrick Thoresen is Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Left my cell phone on the counter of the bagel shop I frequent for lunch. Went back and they were closed. They called my wife and found out where I worked and dropped it off. Glad there are some good people still left out there!

Seriously.

I would have probably taken off the tires, radio and battery to sell cheap. I...I don't really know how phones work.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Make your picks in the Vatican’s Sweet Sistine brackets!

Vote for the Pope you think is dope...

More than 100 Roman Catholic cardinals will gather in the Sistine Chapel in March. One will emerge as pope. Who will it be? The “Sweet Sistine” is our guess at the top candidates from each continent.

You can vote below for who you think would move on to the next round in each matchup. First-round voting closes at midnight Eastern on Friday (March 1).

http://www.religionnews.com/2013/02...picks-in-the-vaticans-sweet-sistine-brackets/

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
I just want to say that every single Ducks fan who called me crazy for saying there'd be no point in trading Voracek to get Ryan...every single on of them...they can all suck it.

Boy is nice.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
I don't believe we get much oil from Venezuela overall. I wonder if that will change.

Since I'm that kind of guy who has to look that up or else I'll never stop thinking about until I do, I looked it up.

Latest annual numbers are from 2011 when you imported 346,989 barrels from Venezuela out of a total of 4,198,806 barrels (~8%). For 2012 there are only monthly numbers and USA imports somewhere between 25-30000 barrels per month from Venezuela out of a total of roughly 300000 barrels.

Source: US EIA

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I looked too. Mental math tells me that amount is slightly up this year, but it seems there's been a general downward trend since 2006.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Damn this weather. Worked from home today so I could have a security system installed in my house. Frantically tried to get a tree cut down in my front yard before it got real bad because I was worried it would fall on my house during this storm (was badly damaged in Sandy, split down the middle, huge cedar tree). Offered the guys $100 more to do it when they called to cancel. They did it, which was real awesome of them because by the time they got to my house the rain and wind really picked up. Power just went out for 30 or so minutes. Sandy flashbacks. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad