OT: 47th Obsequious Banter Thread - Patrick Thoresen is Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I have a friend that is going to name her daughter Rilynn. Please for the love of everything that is good and holy, do not name her that. Or anything that bad.

This is a video of what NOT to name your kid:

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
That post you quoted has someone saying Kimmo is among the worst defensemen in the league.

Alex Steen though?

Unless you there was an edit, I'm not seeing that quote. There are some interesting names on that list.

For Sabremetric people, is this somewhat of the hockey equivalent to WAR?

MichaelRaffl

Aug 13, 2009
Vilnius
i only know two shanes and they are both two of the biggest clowns ive ever met, honestly i never knew everyone else had the same experience with this breed

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Removed from communion? Communion with what?

ex·com·mu·ni·cate (ksk-myn-kt)
tr.v. ex·com·mu·ni·cat·ed, ex·com·mu·ni·cat·ing, ex·com·mu·ni·cates
1. To deprive of the right of church membership by ecclesiastical authority.
2. To exclude by or as if by decree from membership or participation in a group.

Would be excluding him from the family

Maybe I used the wrong term. Don't care. Watching the ps4 conference

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Watching the ps4 conference

Got rid of my ps3 since it was a glorified netflix machine. Too many sequels, not enough original games for me(which made the ps2 the greatest console ever). Anything worth getting a ps4 in the conference?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Anyone looking to buy speakers? I have a Vocopro Sub-1500 200W 15" Powered Subwoofer and Vocopro SV-600 a pair of 12" vocal speakers. They were part of a karaoke set up that was never really put together including these parts. I really don't know all that much about them but I see a general price on a quick google search, i'll definitely give them at a discount if a poster is interested before I put them up on eBay.

Anyone?

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
I would be surprised if any schools who would answer an e-mail about why they don't have a graduate program in "Topic X". It's not like an astronomy graduate program is something that every university should have. Additionally, I would be surprised to find very many colleges in urban settings that do offer graduate level degrees in astronomy that aren't primarily theoretical work, due to the simple issue of light pollution.

If astronomy is your thing, check out Arizona State man. Do it. Their acceptance rates are pretty high for undergrads (like 88%!!!) and they're half of what Nova cost even for an out of state student. After 6 months the tuition wouldd drop to 10g's a year. They do A LOT of astromy stuff and you could possibly study under Lawrence Krauss if you got into the graduate program there. I think U. of Hawaii has a program that's decent also, might be worth looking into. I know they have a pretty sick observatory/telescope at the top of the mountain out there at least, so I'd be surprised if that wasn't attached to some school.

There is an effort by the physics society at my school to get our observatory reopened to the public, as well as have some upgrades and repairs put in. We want to convince Neil DeGrasse Tyson to come on down for an afternoon from Manhattan and do a little speaking thing, though I'm sure he charges a fee. Maybe he'll lower it for an event relavent to astronomy that is open to the public and at a college. We'll see.

I knew AZ-State was a very easy school to get into for undergrad in astronomy, but I believe my friend that initially wanted to attend Villanova is already in at AZ-State... Plus I'm grad-school-bound, albeit I'm nowhere near competitive for UPenn (and I lacked the research experience to get into AZ-State) at this time.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
I knew AZ-State was a very easy school to get into for undergrad in astronomy, but I believe my friend that initially wanted to attend Villanova is already in at AZ-State... Plus I'm grad-school-bound, albeit I'm nowhere near competitive for UPenn (and I lacked the research experience to get into AZ-State) at this time.

Stay away from ASU. Out of state tuition is terrible, the state is full of crazy people, and Tempe campus is evil.

Just saying ;)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Left my cell phone on the counter of the bagel shop I frequent for lunch. Went back and they were closed. They called my wife and found out where I worked and dropped it off. Glad there are some good people still left out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad