OT: 47th Obsequious Banter Thread - Patrick Thoresen is Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well, yesterday I spoke with a lady from the US, who asked me what currency we use in Canada :5:

Should've told her beaver skins and moose hooves.

If this doesn't explain why hockey is exponentially better than basketball, nothing will:

nutd.jpg

Awful.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
Hey everyone.
I'm just waiting to get my Pronger autographed jersey back from Poppel sports. I am going to be getting it framed, and I think it would be a really cool to get a Winter Classic ticket/stub to get framed in there. I'm also interested in a 2012 ticket/stub. I just received a 2010 Cup finals ticket (Home Game 1- OT win) for my Briere jersey

Does anyone know of any sports shops that may have some (Used/creased/torn would be awesome!) in PA? Or does anyone on here have any?

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Should've told her beaver skins and moose hooves.
Well, that would be a lie, wouldn't it? We do in fact trade in those this week, but as you should be aware, our currency changes week to week. So it was salmon tails when we spoke, but I was quite surprised she couldn't keep with the pace of our monetary shenanigans.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well, that would be a lie, wouldn't it? We do in fact trade in those this week, but as you should be aware, our currency changes week to week. So it was salmon tails when we spoke, but I was quite surprised she couldn't keep with the pace of our monetary shenanigans.

Ah yes, I guess it does depend on migratory patterns and seasons.

It's hard to keep track without actually being there.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Ah yes, I guess it does depend on migratory patterns and seasons.
You are quite correct there.
It's hard to keep track without actually being there.
This is true, as well. I, myself, had a hard time adjusting when I first came over, so perhaps I shouldn't have been so judgmental when the lady thought it was maple bark, a commodity acting as our currency in the week prior to that. We did speak on Monday, after all!

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
Anyone work in Florida? Or better yet relocated to Florida for work from the Philly area? I might be entertaining a potential position down there, but that's quite a change of scenery and I haven't spent much time down south to be honest. I'm young enough and single so that takes care of half the hassle of moving to a new city, but I didn't quite thing FLA would be an option till recently... any input is appreciated though

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Anyone work in Florida? Or better yet relocated to Florida for work from the Philly area? I might be entertaining a potential position down there, but that's quite a change of scenery and I haven't spent much time down south to be honest. I'm young enough and single so that takes care of half the hassle of moving to a new city, but I didn't quite thing FLA would be an option till recently... any input is appreciated though

Where in Florida? I did a detail in Jacksonville for 3 months and it felt like southern Georgia to me. St Augustine was not far and nice though but would never live there. Other than that have been to the typical places in Florida....Orlando, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Daytona, Cocoa Beach etc. Never been to Tampa or that side of Florida. I know places like Sarasota are filled with geriatrics....

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
Where in Florida? I did a detail in Jacksonville for 3 months and it felt like southern Georgia to me. St Augustine was not far and nice though but would never live there. Other than that have been to the typical places in Florida....Orlando, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Daytona, Cocoa Beach etc. Never been to Tampa or that side of Florida. I know places like Sarasota are filled with geriatrics....

Jacksonville actually, it's pretty much a stones through away from Georgia by the looks of it. I would obviously have to live there though... Hurricanes only half scare me at the moment though i'm sure that will change.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Jacksonville actually, it's pretty much a stones through away from Georgia by the looks of it. I would obviously have to live there though... Hurricanes only half scare me at the moment though i'm sure that will change.

Jacksonville is the largest city in terms of land area in the contiguous 48 states.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

Downtown Jacksonville kind of sucked when I was down there. They had the landing which is ok but overall I was unimpressed. Downtown becomes a ghost town after work hours. Jacksonville itself is very expansive as a city. There are areas like Orange Park that are like any typical "outskirt" area. I remember going to the dog races in Orange Park and this tacky club called Shades...boy...talk about some characters in that place. Jacksonville Beach was ok..had bars and clubs there for nightlife but again nothing special. A bit too country for my taste. I liked going to St Augustine though but that got tiresome too. I mean I like the beach and all and it's nice to be away from the typical winters we get here or atypical like last year but I still couldn't see myself living in Jacksonville that is for sure. It depends on your "style." I kind of like this tri-state area..lots of culture and cosmopolitanism. Not sure if Jacksonville still has an ECHL team...I went to see them play and it was terrible hockey..lol!

Oh the women were actually pretty nice though....that is one thing about Philly area..more tudes...

Last edited:

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
Jacksonville is the largest city in terms of land area in the contiguous 48 states.

even when GDT's are on vacation your facts don't seem to have an off season. :yo:

Downtown Jacksonville kind of sucked when I was down there. They had the landing which is ok but overall I was unimpressed. Downtown becomes a ghost town after work hours. Jacksonville itself is very expansive as a city. There are areas like Orange Park that are like any typical "outskirt" area. I remember going to the dog races in Orange Park and this tacky club called Shades...boy...talk about some characters in that place. Jacksonville Beach was ok..had bars and clubs there for nightlife but again nothing special. A bit too country for my taste. I liked going to St Augustine though but that got tiresome too. I mean I like the beach and all and it's nice to be away from the typical winters we get here or atypical like last year but I still couldn't see myself living in Jacksonville that is for sure. It depends on your "style." I kind of like this tri-state area..lots of culture and cosmopolitanism. Not sure if Jacksonville still has an ECHL team...I went to see them play and it was terrible hockey..lol!

Oh the women were actually pretty nice though....that is one thing about Philly area..more tudes...

Thanks for the input, i notice its a relatively small city population wise, at least what I'm used to. And yeah I agree I do kind of enjoy the metropolitan type atmosphere to living up here in the north east, so many cities within driving distance. There's not much down there to really drive to, though I've had enough of winter. I definitely don't do country... at all **** makes me sick, and girl in cowboy boots - just no. Although I was in New Orleans a month ago and I sure could get used to southern women, they are so much nicer and approachable, actual enjoy a conversation without feeling like you're hitting on them... god forbid I just want to meet locals regardless of sex. These north east broads need to be taken down off a pedestal, or two.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
4K really is the future for right now. Still wish that HDMI would update their **** so that it would support higher than 1080p.

So nothing is in the works? Obviously technology becomes outdated every day but I don't want to be left in the dust.

For now isn't it going to be basically the same as the standard 1080p then until companies get their **** together?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
1080p is still going to be very viable for the next several years. However, 4K will definitely be in the mix over the next few years. Expensive, but high quality and high res ****.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
even when GDT's are on vacation your facts don't seem to have an off season. :yo:

Thanks for the input, i notice its a relatively small city population wise, at least what I'm used to. And yeah I agree I do kind of enjoy the metropolitan type atmosphere to living up here in the north east, so many cities within driving distance. There's not much down there to really drive to, though I've had enough of winter. I definitely don't do country... at all **** makes me sick, and girl in cowboy boots - just no. Although I was in New Orleans a month ago and I sure could get used to southern women, they are so much nicer and approachable, actual enjoy a conversation without feeling like you're hitting on them... god forbid I just want to meet locals regardless of sex. These north east broads need to be taken down off a pedestal, or two.

No problem. I mean don't take my perspective as gospel ..just my opinion of Jax obviously but it seems we are on the same page as far as "style."

Definitely women in the south/midwest are wayyyyyyy nicer and approachable and actually they approach you too especially if they think you resemble Brad Paisley like I get..lol. No complaints...even if I'm not into country.

Seriously, the women around here can be extremely tough. Wayy too defensive. They have their DUFF's (designated ugly fat friends, form death circles, get belligerant etc etc.) Like you said..God forbid you want to just have a friendly conversation with some of these females instead of being branded as some creeper or sexual predator...ridik!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Anyone here really knowledgeable about Photoshop?

I made wallpaper, saved it as a .png, but the problem is that when I try to apply it to my desktop it looks like ****... colors are dark, pixelated, and basically just bad..

The thing is, it looks perfectly fine in photoshop, it's the right size so it's not being stretched, when I open the png it looks fine so the issue isn't exporting related, and it's RGB so the colors should be fine. I have the same issue with every image I try to set as my background from Photoshop and I've tried saving as multiple different file types.. no luck...

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I thought you were supposed to do that to the hard drive, not the screen... should I do both to be safe?

Safety first. That's what my IT guy is always saying, but I do want to find out how he is 180 lbs but benches 400 and doctors HATE him, so I click it. Yesterday he showed me that my retractable coffee cup holder doubles as a DVD / CD rom player. Technology. smh.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I love those ads. I know several doctors and they're all about seeing people be healthy and seeing things solved or cured. So when I see ads that say "Doctors HATE him" I assume it's because the guy is responsible for giving Dengue Fever to hundreds of children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad