OT: 47th Obsequious Banter Thread - Patrick Thoresen is Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
My Mjolnir model thing, whatever you want to call it, is the first one ever produced. Only 1200 (I think) were ever made so that's pretty cool but I doubt that ups the value at all.

My Marvel Legends collection is likely in the 5 digit range right now, it's absurd.

Also to whomever said Deadpool was written well...I scoff at you. Not since the early Cable/Deadpool run did I really think the character was done right. I hate Schizo-pool.

Claude Giroux is a good player.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
My Marvel Legends collection is likely in the 5 digit range right now, it's absurd.

Also to whomever said Deadpool was written well...I scoff at you. Not since the early Cable/Deadpool run did I really think the character was done right. I hate Schizo-pool.

Claude Giroux is a good player.

:laugh: Indeed he is good.

I started with Marvel Legends but didn't get too far. I was only interested in the characters I liked so I ran out after like 20 or so.

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I Believe in G-Sus
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia
:laugh: Indeed he is good.

I started with Marvel Legends but didn't get too far. I was only interested in the characters I liked so I ran out after like 20 or so.

Hey man just keeping it on topic :laugh:

See, my interest went absolutely bananas and kicked me back into collecting. My collections are bad...lol. I missed the comics hay-day as I didn't start getting into them/having money for them until the 90's, and, well, things were bad. I only really know Marvel really so I missed out on the indy comics that have value (Walking Dead, best example). I'd like to expand my horizons eventually but I need a good jumping off point.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I need to get my card collecting game back on track. I have every set of Topps baseball cards from like 1998-2012 and I stopped buying them. I really wanna start getting Marvel cards again too, but I'm so far out of the loop. What are the good ones?

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Hey man just keeping it on topic :laugh:

See, my interest went absolutely bananas and kicked me back into collecting. My collections are bad...lol. I missed the comics hay-day as I didn't start getting into them/having money for them until the 90's, and, well, things were bad. I only really know Marvel really so I missed out on the indy comics that have value (Walking Dead, best example). I'd like to expand my horizons eventually but I need a good jumping off point.

A few indie comics that I really liked and would be good to start at is:

Ex Machina, Walking Dead, Invincible, Sword, Chew, Saga

I've also heard that Fatale is incredible, but I've yet to read it

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Rye Whiskey

Hey.....today's game was god awful......and next weekend....after this series.....I am heading to Brooklyn to see my daughter [ no she is not a hockey fan], but she loves
rye whiskey. And it seems that this site is prime for connoisseur whiskey drinkers because of or despite of the Flyers effort. Many thanks for any suggestions....;-:)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Hey.....today's game was god awful......and next weekend....after this series.....I am heading to Brooklyn to see my daughter [ no she is not a hockey fan], but she loves
rye whiskey. And it seems that this site is prime for connoisseur whiskey drinkers because of or despite of the Flyers effort. Many thanks for any suggestions....;-:)

Templeton if you can find it.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL

If you can find it

Alberta premium is the best rye on the market.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Posted on our board, but I figured I'd share with you

Was in AC this past weekend and a bunch of Flyers were staying at the same hotel I was. Saw Hartnell and Voracek, but lost them in the crowd. Emery was smoking a cig outside the restaurant they were eating at. Was caught in the elevator going up to our room with Emery and Simmonds. Emery seems like a huge ******, had all these tats and this dumb kango hat on. Also saw Couterier and Coburn. Was able to catch up with Coburn and took a pic with him. Really nice guy, and the last thing I said to him was "**** the Rangers" to which he gave a smile and a nod haha.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Posted on our board, but I figured I'd share with you

Was in AC this past weekend and a bunch of Flyers were staying at the same hotel I was. Saw Hartnell and Voracek, but lost them in the crowd. Emery was smoking a cig outside the restaurant they were eating at. Was caught in the elevator going up to our room with Emery and Simmonds. Emery seems like a huge ******, had all these tats and this dumb kango hat on. Also saw Couterier and Coburn. Was able to catch up with Coburn and took a pic with him. Really nice guy, and the last thing I said to him was "**** the Rangers" to which he gave a smile and a nod haha.

I don't think Emery is a dick because he has tats and a kangol hat lol. He may be a bit rough but I've never heard him called a d-bag.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Watching my first basketball game in probably years(don't know exactly how long)

This blows. Thankfully Mr. MagicHat #9 can help me through the night, then on to some 24 lol.

Lebron James is dramatic.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Watching my first basketball game in probably years(don't know exactly how long)

This blows. Thankfully Mr. MagicHat #9 can help me through the night, then on to some 24 lol.

Lebron James is dramatic.

I don't understand how a professional basketball team with professional team doctors can't figure out a way to keep him from cramping.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
It's National Doughnut Day today. Check your local doughnut purveyor for any deals. The closest one to me doing something is Dunkin Donuts; they offer a free donut with the purchase of any beverage (small coffee nets you the best bang for your buck). Just don't be an idiot like me and order the wrong donut when being offered one. I wanted a Chocolate Frosted:
ronalds-chocolate-donut-570x431.jpg

...but I accidentally said Chocolate Glazed:
scaleddscn6894.jpg

...and didn't realize 'til I left and got to my destination.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's National Doughnut Day today. Check your local doughnut purveyor for any deals. The closest one to me doing something is Dunkin Donuts; they offer a free donut with the purchase of any beverage (small coffee nets you the best bang for your buck). Just don't be an idiot like me and order the wrong donut when being offered one. I wanted a Chocolate Frosted:

...and didn't realize 'til I left and got to my destination.

Well that answers my question for the day. I got a free donut today at Dunkin Donuts and had no idea why.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Well that answers my question for the day. I got a free donut today at Dunkin Donuts and had no idea why.

It was a weird catch-22. I went there for coffee. They offered a donut to me. I said the wrong one as my brain wasn't functioning... because I didn't have my coffee.

I love glazed donuts, but I don't know if I want a chocolate glazed one. I wonder if Wawa is doing this?

I checked their website after I got back. I saw nothing mentioning this. Of course, they're not exactly known for their doughnuts.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It was a weird catch-22. I went there for coffee. They offered a donut to me. I said the wrong one as my brain wasn't functioning... because I didn't have my coffee.

I checked their website after I got back. I saw nothing mentioning this. Of course, they're not exactly known for their doughnuts.

Wawa has amazing donuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad