OT: 47th Obsequious Banter Thread - Patrick Thoresen is Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
You can really do a lot with those ads.

Shirtless Image of Beef Invictus: Pitbulls HATE him. You wouldn't believe how he stopped the party. Click here to find out his illegal South American cake baking secrets!!!

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Safety first. That's what my IT guy is always saying, but I do want to find out how he is 180 lbs but benches 400 and doctors HATE him, so I click it. Yesterday he showed me that my retractable coffee cup holder doubles as a DVD / CD rom player. Technology. smh.

Omg, LIFE HACKS.

"Eat this food and never diet again!" Yeah, it's called lettuce. Put down the fork, fatty!

If you guys are as tired of BuzzFeed lists and clickbait garbage, I implore you to check out The Onion's take on clickbait, aptly named "ClickHole." It's hilarious and so well done.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Looking at buying a new TV. Are the 4K TV's the thing of the future or is their something else on the horizon?

I wouldn't get a 4K TV just yet. All TV is still broadcast in 720p, so if you don't stream to your TV or use a Blue Ray player you're still not even getting the benefits of 1080p. It's been awhile since I was in the market for a TV, so someone can correct me if that's wrong.

Honestly, unless you primarily use Netflix or something that is capable of putting out 4k there's no point in buying the newest TV's. By the time their features are fully supported their price will have come down dramatically because there will be 12K TV's at that point lol.

There is always something else on the horizon, but you just have to use a little common sense in determining what's worth it. For example, a 4k TV would be fine to pickup now if you really wanted it, a 3D TV (a few years back) not so much.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
anyone have Comcast and HD? some of my HD channels are not coming in very well. try and watch a show or movie on the HD channels and it parts of the screen signal breaks up. Kind of hard to put it any other way. sound and the screen both break up. doesn't happen on any of the non HD channels. yes I do have a HD tv.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
That happened to me a few times. Once, I had to get a new box. Another time, the signal was coming in too strong and they switched out the component on the outside of my house.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
anyone have Comcast and HD? some of my HD channels are not coming in very well. try and watch a show or movie on the HD channels and it parts of the screen signal breaks up. Kind of hard to put it any other way. sound and the screen both break up. doesn't happen on any of the non HD channels. yes I do have a HD tv.

That happened to me a few times. Once, I had to get a new box. Another time, the signal was coming in too strong and they switched out the component on the outside of my house.

On this subject, my dad's house has always had cable/internet problems and the other day Comcast came to look at it. The reading on the street was a 7, by the time it got to his house...-2. The comcast guy was amazed how we had anything at all haha.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
And looking ahead, for all that is good and holy #49 better be for Maxime Oulette or Brian Savage. Or just skip it. Not interested in looking at the most infamous alternative for that long a time.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
The Philadelphia Wings announced today their intent to re-locate after 28 years in Philadelphia, citing the unsustainability of the "financial model" in this market.

After 11 years as a season ticket holder, in which I was afforded a grand total of ZERO home playoff games (and only one playoff appearance at all, if I recall correctly) in a league where 80% of the teams make the playoffs -- yeah, blame the financial model. What a joke.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
The Philadelphia Wings announced today their intent to re-locate after 28 years in Philadelphia, citing the unsustainability of the "financial model" in this market.

After 11 years as a season ticket holder, in which I was afforded a grand total of ZERO home playoff games (and only one playoff appearance at all, if I recall correctly) in a league where 80% of the teams make the playoffs -- yeah, blame the financial model. What a joke.

It's crazy to think that league's been around for 28 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad