Prospect Info: #46 Givani Smith, LW, Guelph (OHL)

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Funny to read this kind of old comments. Like, nothing wrong with the comment. It was that on March 2019.

Almost two years passed by.

Looks like there happens some development in our development system.

Same what happened to Zadina. You couldn't see that from AHL games or stats.

To be fair, I wouldn't say Smith is here (NHL) to stay quite yet.

Reactions: sureWhyNot

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
1st GHHT

upload_2021-2-7_18-40-59.png

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Never had high expectations for him, but I have absolutely loved what I saw from him the last 2 games. I want to see a few more games of him playing the same, but I might be leading his bandwagon soon.

Reactions: r0bert8841

Jango Fett

Apr 10, 2018
I like what I have seen so far from a late second-round pick, 1g 3a in 6 games. Not to mention he's got grit, I hope he keeps playing well and finds a way to stay on the roster.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Back to taxi squad!
Absolutely idiotic decision. This is a bad team with nobody that should have a guaranteed spot. If a kid scores a goal, notches an assist, and gets in a fight all in the same game, you don't send him back down when there's nobody worthwhile to take his place.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Absolutely idiotic decision. This is a bad team with nobody that should have a guaranteed spot. If a kid scores a goal, notches an assist, and gets in a fight all in the same game, you don't send him back down when there's nobody worthwhile to take his place.

smith will just be a paper move no way he is not in lineup tomorrow

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Back to taxi squad!

Hang on - That's a cap management move. It doesn't mean (yet) that he won't be in the lineup next game. It's really silly. Basically they put him on the taxi squad on off days (since he doesn't require waivers) to have less money count against the cap or something like that (since it's calculated daily). But again, that doesn't mean (yet) that won't be in the lineup for the next game.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Hang on - That's a cap management move. It doesn't mean (yet) that he won't be in the lineup next game. It's really silly. Basically they put him on the taxi squad on off days (since he doesn't require waivers) to have less money count against the cap or something like that (since it's calculated daily). But again, that doesn't mean (yet) that won't be in the lineup for the next game.
Fine, but if that's true, then it just has me questioning the ridiculous rules that make this possible. Why not just base money on actual games instead of necessitating this kind of nonsense on days off?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Funny to read this kind of old comments. Like, nothing wrong with the comment. It was that on March 2019.

Almost two years passed by.

Looks like there happens some development in our development system.

Same what happened to Zadina. You couldn't see that from AHL games or stats.

Books still out on Zadina lol he needs to start scoring and making his impact. Smith looks perfect for what he is a top 9 guy who can chip in and be physical. Loving his style

I wouldn't read too much into a few game stretch. He looks fine playing 10-11 minutes, but those aren't major or even hard minutes. I still think he's a guy who is a journeyman bottom 6/AHLer for most of his career.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Couple of times today his lack of speed became apparent. If/when he gets better at skating he will become a good 3rd liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad