GDT: #44 | Panthers @ Oilers | Jan 10, 7:00 PM | TV: SN-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Really prefer the look of the team that included Strome and Caggiula...

Draisaitl - McDavid - Chiasson
Caggiula - RNH - Puljujarvi
Khaira - Strome - Rieder
Lucic - Brodziak - Kassian
Same. And I thought even that was junk at the time. But that's life as an Oilers fan... even when you think it's bad you can rest assured that it will probably get worse

Reactions: Aerrol

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
CAA53860-F684-4451-B454-8A9499C99EC9.gif

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The second line was our best line on Tuesday, so it only makes sense that it stays together, the only one not scored against. Hopefully, they put together another decent game.

I'll give it one period before they are moved around.:nod:

Reactions: bone

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
When Hitchcock coached in Dallas he tended to have two forwards go down to or below the dots with one staying up the wall strong side to help with at least getting the puck out after the defenders rimmed it along the boards. Big bodies like Methot could do simple things like this, and the forward on the wall could often at least chip the puck out. It didn’t lead to good transition at all, but it was simple, and it at least meant the players lived to fight another day. If the team could regroup and defend the blue line well enough, they could eventually get the puck going north when the skilled players were back on the ice. Or at the very least, they had the availability of the "high flipper" from that half-wall guy or whoever he bumped it to. That flip, if done well, put the puck behind the other team’s defensemen without icing it, allowing Dallas to change. You can see how that could help to reduce good chances against, while also leading to the insanely boring hockey. Is Hitch doing this now or what? I feel like the games are getting harder and harder to watch. I can't figure out how and if this is going to help or hurt McDavids game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I actually don't think so. I think Hitchcock has a lot more faith in Talbot than a lot of Oilers fans do.

Talbot has actually been quite good the past few weeks. However, the team generally plays worse in front of him than they do in front of Koskinen.
They've both been so bad lately. Talbot at least has shown something, but at this point Hitch could just be drawing a name from a hat.

Being he's a UFA, there are no rumors of extension discussions and there are some teams needing a goalie with 6 weeks to go until the deadline. Both goalies are struggling but there is no reason to extend Talbot in my opinion based on his play in three of the four seasons he's been here.
If you can get Talbot on one year for cheap it might be worth it. Although I'm not extending either guy anytime soon

Reactions: McFuhryous

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I still like Kharias game a lot. Not recently obviously but I think he is someone that can and will keep improving.
He must learn to clean up in his defensive end. His giveaways and trying to do too much are lethal. I'm surprised he loses focus with that considering he is very good on the PK (IMO).
Khaira is just like every other guy we've had for the past few years. They don't know what their role is, when in reality all he needs to do is play the simple game that was getting him promoted. It's as if soon as he gets more time he tried to do more and then when he gets demoted he's still trying to do more.

He needs someone to tell him just be himself.

Look at Lucic. Finally plays the way he can/should and then the next game he scores.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
They've both been so bad lately. Talbot at least has shown something, but at this point Hitch could just be drawing a name from a hat.

If you can get Talbot on one year for cheap it might be worth it. Although I'm not extending either guy anytime soon

With the shit roster likely to still be in front of him for the foreseeable future, I'm starting to think Talbot is counting the days to July 1.

Not to get off topic of the GDT, Oilers 4-3 in a shootout is my dart thrown in the dark prediction.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
6-3 FLA. First shot against Talbot goes in. Talbot let's in 4 of the first 10 shots. Gets pulled then traded for a conditional 2nd round pick. Last game with the Oilers. Not that far fetched.

cmattack

Jan 10, 2019
Pretty much all the teams are bad? I don't see it that way, it's not the toughest stretch in the world but it isn't a cake walk..this is the Oilers here not the Bolts

space321

May 11, 2011
Khaira is just like every other guy we've had for the past few years. They don't know what their role is, when in reality all he needs to do is play the simple game that was getting him promoted. It's as if soon as he gets more time he tried to do more and then when he gets demoted he's still trying to do more.

He needs someone to tell him just be himself.

Look at Lucic. Finally plays the way he can/should and then the next game he scores.

It took him like 40 "next game"s to score lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad