GDT: #44 | Panthers @ Oilers | Jan 10, 7:00 PM | TV: SN-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I still don't know why we aren't running a second line of RNH-Draisaitl. You can put almost any winger with Mcdavid and we essentially have two 1st lines. The bottom six is still complete dog shit but at least we'll have 2 lines going instead of 1.

Reactions: joestevens29

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
I still don't know why we aren't running a second line of RNH-Draisaitl. You can put almost any winger with Mcdavid and we essentially have two 1st lines. The bottom six is still complete dog **** but at least we'll have 2 lines going instead of 1.
McDavid hasn't done well at all when he has had to carry two AHLers in his line recently.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I actually don't think so. I think Hitchcock has a lot more faith in Talbot than a lot of Oilers fans do.

Talbot has actually been quite good the past few weeks. However, the team generally plays worse in front of him than they do in front of Koskinen.

Yeah, in Hitch's Pre-Game he was accounting a lot of the goals to "ping pong" bounces. He was defending Talbot, right or wrong. (I missed the game so I'm not commenting one way or another).

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
The NHL's first, 3 million dollar goal...

Still cheaper than Nylander.
kKlSJM7.png

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I still don't know why we aren't running a second line of RNH-Draisaitl. You can put almost any winger with Mcdavid and we essentially have two 1st lines. The bottom six is still complete dog **** but at least we'll have 2 lines going instead of 1.

McPoints.

McPoint or no McPoints. Can the team be more balanced and win more games if they did RNH-LD?

I honestly don't know, but I've wanted to see it for quite some time.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
RNH has shown he can play and lead his own line.
LD plays a "pouting" game when he's not with McDavid. Just leave that pair together.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

McPoints.

Interesting. Connor averages 18:41 per game Even Strength and Leon 17:08. Assuming 50 minutes of 5v5 per game, if they played together every minute that Drai is on even strength, the team would average 1.998 goals per game. If they never played together during the assumed 50 minutes of 5v5 per game, the team would average 1.732 goals per game. For simplicity I've assumed Even Strength and 5v5 as the same, even though I know that isn't accurate, but overall I guess this shows that the Oilers do produce more as a team over the course of a game when they are together.

Would be interesting to see the effects on goals against to see the overall impact towards outscoring.

Interestingly as well if you dig further. RNH w/o McD is 2.48 so he produces better without McD than Leon does (marginally so). Furthermore RNH with McD is 2.54 with isn't even close to Leon with McDavid, and is only marginally better than RNH alone or McD alone.

Perhaps this in the best scenario if one of RNH or Leon must be on McDavid's line.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Does anyone really see the point of making the playoffs this year?

I could see us limping in and getting swept in the first round simply because we lack the talent on D and the wings.

Then, according to Bob Nicholson, Chiarelli would keep his job and we'd end up with a mid 1st round draft pick.

That's like best case scenario, if no more assets get traded off this year for the playoff push.

So we'd be in the same position next year, with the same deficiencies and frustrations.

Rather get top 5 or top 10 draft pick and package it with Darnell Nurse and a cap dump for a meaningful defenseman or winger.

Will be cheering for Florida tonight.

Then go join the Florida Forum. Ass.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The best part is toronto is confident they can trade Nylander for a top dman.

Carolina would pony up unfortunately.

It would be a mistake because Nylander is the worst of the big 4 on that team but Carolina has coveted him since the holdout.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
How dynamic would anyone look beside 2 4th line players?

I am regretting being patient and wanting Chiarelli to have another year. I’ll have my crow with mustard and a beer.

I appreciate you saying this, for what it's worth.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Carolina would pony up unfortunately.

It would be a mistake because Nylander is the worst of the big 4 on that team but Carolina has coveted him since the holdout.
You think? I don’t. Lots of teams wanted Nylander during his hold out. Unfortunately for Toronto he was overpaid IMO and having a terrible season. I think he gets cap dumped TBH. Mind you it’s not Chia at the helm there so who knows.

space321

May 11, 2011
The best part is toronto is confident they can trade Nylander for a top dman.

Lol Nylander will be fine, and he'll probably top 60 points almost every year.

I remember when Erik Karlsson was not putting up points and people on here were talking like he's washed up and wouldn't jump at the chance to get him on the Oilers... talk about kneejerk reactions

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad