Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They will happen. 100 % guaranteed
giphy-2.gif

Reactions: Foggy14

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
As frustrating as it is , status quo is 100% the right decision until the trades are made.

This line up won’t win a game until after their bye week
Exactly. It's amazing that people can't see what the strategy is. They are in full on tank mode. When the deadline gets close they will unload players that don't fit into the long term plan. At that time you will probably some young guys get opportunities to come up and play down the stretch. In the off season they will have a top 10, probably even top 5 pick and a ton of cap space to re-tool the roster pretty quickly. There really isn't much of a point in making trades right now because the team isn't going anywhere this year and NHL teams simply don't make blockbuster multi-player trades in the middle of the season anymore. The product is beyond brutal right now but for the greater good of the organization it's the right move to watch the season burn to the ground and let it.

Reactions: BiggE and dats81

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
At whom, exactly, is this directed?
I would guess the officials for calling a penalty that happened after an offsides that they ruled occurred and therefore negated a goal. If the should-have-been offsides negated the goal that happened after it, shouldn't it also, logically, negate a penalty that happened after, it also?

It's completely illogical that it would negate a goal but not a penalty. But I guess they refs would probably say the goal is reviewable, the penalty is not. I still say BS.

Reactions: IronMarshal

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I would guess the officials for calling a penalty that happened after an offsides that they ruled occurred and therefore negated a goal. If the should-have-been offsides negated the goal that happened after it, shouldn't it also, logically, negate a penalty that happened after, it also?

It's completely illogical that it would negate a goal but not a penalty. But I guess they refs would probably say the goal is reviewable, the penalty is not. I still say BS.

If I interpret rule 78.7 correctly, then the proper call was made. I am going to try to get clarification through someone who refs on another level though that will probably be his interpretation based on video review at the NHL level.

NOTE 2: If one or more penalties (major or minor) are assessed between the time of the “Off-side” play and the video review that disallows the apparent goal, the offending team(s) (and responsible Player(s)) will still be required to serve the penalty(ies) identified and assessed, and the time of the penalty(ies) will be recorded as the time at which the play should have been stopped for the “Off-side” infraction.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If I interpret rule 78.7 correctly, then the proper call was made. I am going to try to get clarification through someone who refs on another level though that will probably be his interpretation based on video review at the NHL level.

NOTE 2: If one or more penalties (major or minor) are assessed between the time of the “Off-side” play and the video review that disallows the apparent goal, the offending team(s) (and responsible Player(s)) will still be required to serve the penalty(ies) identified and assessed, and the time of the penalty(ies) will be recorded as the time at which the play should have been stopped for the “Off-side” infraction.
Good research. I figured that's the way it must be. Logically, I don't like it, because the play should have been called dead, so they're penalizing a player for an official's mistake.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

I'm guessing it's no different than when if a goal goes in and play continues on and a penalty occurs after the goal is scored and the next stoppage, the time goes back to when thr puck went in, but any penalty that occurred during that time is still served

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018

nhl interpretation, refs are never wrong, even after making a mistake, it says so in the rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad