Post-Game Talk: #43: FLYERS 3 at Capitals 5, Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This team is totally mentally defeated right now. Coaching in all areas, including special teams, and goaltending are huge reasons this team stinks, and they won't be changing until the offseason.

But they badly need a reason to feel optmistic about coming to the rink right now. Fletcher needs to call up Myers, Vorobyev, and NAK right now.

It's such an obvious quick move. Not only are they an upgrade in play, but adding youth and hope will help the other players mentally. An easy breath of fresh air.

It would also help to purge a few loser veterans to make room for the kids. Get the stench of 3 Hakstol favorites the hell out of the locker room. Put Weise, AMac, and Lehtera on waivers tomorrow. Signal the team that the front office still cares and are trying to not let them drown.
100% right.

We have proven top end players here, both young and old(er). It isn't a matter of lacking skill, it's that they're mentally broken. No hope, no confidence, tons of frustration, and no chance to turn it around if nothing is done to help them.

The coaching staff remains a massive problem, although slightly improved, and Fletcher must be tanking because otherwise he's being disgustingly negligent. We'll see.

But hey, G got a point and the hunt for Jack continues.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I want these players to sit in their own shit. Don’t give them anything to be excited about. Don’t go on another win streak to push at the end. Teach them a lesson that you can’t just turn it on at the end of the year or the game. You have to show something the entire year and game.

Of course I would call up Myers, Misha and NAK for their beneifit.

Simmonds value going up. Jakes too.

We won’t ruin Hughes. Q will be here to coach

Couts
Hughes
Patrick
Frost

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I keep saying they can't catch Ottawa, but they've actually passed them in Goal Differential as of tonight...
I think they may actually do it this year. This many changes and the uncertainty of being traded really seems to have screwed them all up inside. Ottawa isn’t going to try and tank either. They should try and do anything to avoid being a top 3 pick.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm watching the post game Caps telecast...the players interviewed are all pretty much insinuating how easy it is to play the Flyers

I wouldn't be surprised if teams around the league start holding post game practices or scrimmages to ensure the players remain conditioned and sharp

Why else would we continually face backup goalies?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
They arent going to do anything

Status quo.

I think Hexy might have even tried something by this point.

Brutal situation.

As frustrating as it is , status quo is 100% the right decision until the trades are made.

This line up won’t win a game until after their bye week

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Fletch is as worthless as **** on a bull.

Our only hope is Scott getting desperate and cleaning house from Holmgren and Clarke on down.
I haven't soured on Fletcher yet. He fired Hakstol which was the one move everybody desperately wanted Hextall to make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad