Player Discussion #40 Elias Pettersson, Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
No, because the 9 games rule only applies to CHL players (who aren't on loan from European teams)

That. Is. Not. True.

Why

Do

You

Keep

Saying

It.

The slide rule has nothing whatsoever to do with CHL players. It's just not applicable to Pettersson because his contract is not eligible for a slide due to his age when he signed it.

PLEASE stop spreading this myth that it has something to do with the CHL. This is like the third or fourth time I've corrected you on this lol.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
My short-term memory is on the fritz right now, so if that's the case, my bad

Sorry. It's like one of those myths I've been fighting for years that seemingly never dies. Like "we only use a third of our brains" and every time I see it I'm just like rarwwrfshsg

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
This kid is the only reason I'm going to watch the Canucks at all this year.

I think he has more to give offensively and that he's going to pick up speed as the season goes along. He looks a lot more comfortable out there even when just comparing his play in the young stars and early preseason to now. I hope he scores tonight just because I think it's special when a player scores in their first real NHL game. Pettersson deserves it because he's special.

Reactions: Zombotron

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
We have a 1st line Center ladies and Gentleman. He may not be there yet but he will be.

Teams look for one for years
Montreal has been looking for one for damn near 20 years

This is really really big

Reactions: PuckMunchkin and 21

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
What is it about his contract that makes it so we can’t save a UFA year by sending him down?

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
NUfJJDD.jpg

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It was mentioned on another site by a poster, but it felt like he played more than 10 minutes because of how noticeable he was. Imagine how noticeable/impactful he would have been if not for all of the penalties taken by the team.

Also love that TG has him starting at C. This guy should be our #1 C by next season. And Bo as a #2 is way more suitable.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
All hail our latest saviour!

But seriously, this kid's the real deal.
He is. I remember being excited about Hodgson. I thought he would be our savior, but he was a false prophet.

Pettersson is the genuine article. An A+ prospect on the Vancouver Canucks. I think he's got first line potential no doubt, and could one day be among the best centers in the entire league. Thinking about him in a few years when he has real strength combined with his smarts, his skillset, and his ability to win stick battles is very exciting. This kid could very well be our franchise player.

Reactions: Wo Yorfat

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
It was mentioned on another site by a poster, but it felt like he played more than 10 minutes because of how noticeable he was. Imagine how noticeable/impactful he would have been if not for all of the penalties taken by the team.

Also love that TG has him starting at C. This guy should be our #1 C by next season. And Bo as a #2 is way more suitable.
He'll be our #1 C by like December dude. I really wanna see Boeser with Pettersson. Horvat isn't bad or anything it's just that he can get tunnel vision sometimes, and there's no better playmaker in the organization than Pettersson.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
He is. I remember being excited about Hodgson. I thought he would be our savior, but he was a false prophet.

Pettersson is the genuine article. An A+ prospect on the Vancouver Canucks. I think he's got first line potential no doubt, and could one day be among the best centers in the entire league. Thinking about him in a few years when he has real strength combined with his smarts, his skillset, and his ability to win stick battles is very exciting. This kid could very well be our franchise player.
I honestly think he's first line calibre right now. It's not just potential.

He's scary good.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Pettersson showed some magic in the pre season, but I kept thinking, why won't he shoot the puck? I know he has a laser, I saw the clips from Sweden. But he was like nah, I am not going to show you the shot in pre season. I'm saving it.

And he did.

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I had no idea he would be this successful right off the bat.

I didn't even think he was going to be league this year, probably called up Jan/Feb at best from Utica

He's the guy I wanted in the draft but he looks night and day different in physical contact.
He's barely falling over at all, like complete difference from the worlds.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I had no idea he would be this successful right off the bat.

I didn't even think he was going to be league this year, probably called up Jan/Feb at best from Utica

He's the guy I wanted in the draft but he looks night and day different in physical contact.
He's barely falling over at all, like complete difference from the worlds.

Hmm. I think he still falls down an awful lot. He can make plays from his butt though.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he led the league in scoring one day.

I said on draft day that he reminded me of Malkin, and his actual upside could be in that stratosphere, as opposed to the purely playstyle comparison I originally made.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he led the league in scoring one day.

I said on draft day that he reminded me of Malkin, and his actual upside could be in that stratosphere, as opposed to the purely playstyle comparison I originally made.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh...this league still does have McJesus in it. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Great talent. Impressive skill but he is also kind of a badass. Tough little (won’t be able call him little for long) SOB this kid. Every time he gets knocked down he gets right back up and hounds the puck even harder. Wouldn’t be too surprised to see him get into a scrap this season because he plays hard and he doesn’t seem to back down from any physical challenge. These are the kind of guys you win with. Character guys who play with toughness and heart and who are very good at their role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad