Friedman: 4 Teams front-runners for Jaden Schwartz- Seattle, Van, Col, LA

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
The narrative that we have no cap shows that people will parrot anything they hear and read without actually checking.
As of today Vancouver can spend 24.5 million after the Jake buyout, they can clear another 4 by buying out Holtby, giving them 29 million, 35 if they move Nate for picks but I think he stays.
Let's assume bridge deals for Petey and Quinn.
Petey-7ish
Quinn-5.5
Garland 5.
That's 17.5 million. That's 12.5 in cap left for an RHD, a backup if they decide dipietro isn't ready. Still gives them room to match anything and possibly even long-term deals.

What's even more funny is that people on HFCanucks still believe Canucks have cap problems. The goal post is shifting from "Canucks have 12 million locked up in the 4th line to now "Our prospect depth is razer thin."

Before people get into their fantasies, let's make it clear: Canucks can keep their entire roster intact and still have around 3-4 million in cap space + 3.5 million LTIR from Ferland. Canucks only needs are a third pairing RHD and a RH 4C.

I'm sure they were interested in Schwartz until they traded for Garland. Canucks are also in win-now mode so we aren't trading core pieces and to contend for the playoffs and we will need a good 1-2 goalie tandem, hence, I don't see Holtby moving out unless there is another experienced netminder on the way back.

Canuck's line-up as of now:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Hoglander-Horvat-Garland
Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin
Motte-X-MacEwen
Highmore

OEL-Schmidt
Hughes-Myers
Rathbone-X

Demko
Holtby

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
So you’re telling me there was no way for Seattle to take Tarasenko as a leverage for Schwartz? What was Francis doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad