GDT: #4: Pittsburgh Penguins VS Winnipeg Jets|Part 2|The Penguins Go Full Rossi

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Dave King . . . now head of scouting or something like that for Phoenix.

A guy like that will get this team back to the basics, and you sure as **** won't have to worry about seeing the team outcoached.

King, that's who i was thinking about.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Thats what I thought, but I figured there'd have to be more to it than that.

Theoretically they do some stuff with a centre drive and/or a chip and chase retrieval, but that's but pretty much abandoned for MOAR STRETCH PAZZING!

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Shero seems to be 100% on board with Byslma's philosophy, so I think things will have to really hit rock bottom before he would fire him.

In fact, I actually think Mario might fire Shero before Shero would fire Bylsma.

Well... that may happen if things don't turn around and we flame out early again.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
???

Malkin had a lot of ugh moments, but he actually was picking up his guys and backchecking hard. Where he ran into trouble was when two other Pens weren't picking up their guys and he had to decide which of the three guys to take.

In the first period i'd agree, but after that he was lost, which is weird for him.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
We win 2 games and the system has changed and is great. We lose 2 games and the system is horrendous blah, blah, blah... I don't think it's the system guys. The players are turning too many pucks over and making terrible decision in general. Blame for that can certainly fall on the coach some too.

It's both.

KeepitinPitt

Mar 31, 2004
Gibsonia, PA
The Pens built their system around small, puck moving defensemen, and yet they can't get a clean break into the offensive zone. So frustrating to watch.....

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
???

Malkin had a lot of ugh moments, but he actually was picking up his guys and backchecking hard. Where he ran into trouble was when two other Pens weren't picking up their guys and he had to decide which of the three guys to take.

Malkin was pretty good other than the stupid penalty and being unable to beat Pavelec

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
We win 2 games and the system has changed and is great. We lose 2 games and the system is horrendous blah, blah, blah... I don't think it's the system guys. The players are turning too many pucks over and making terrible decision in general. Blame for that can certainly fall on the coach some too.

I thought it was no look drop passes to the other team.

It's the stretch, it's the drop, it's the no look and it's the east/west.

They're a turnover machine and do it in many different ways.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
****, hire Maurice as an assistant. At least he'll keep this team accountable.:help:

You know, I think I read Degen post this. Like Malkin's second or third game for him, Maurice benched him for a period because he didn't like how he was playing defense.

Eh, whatever, Shero won't do jack ****.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
no one is reacting to 2-2, they're reacting to the same issues that have plagued this team for years.

Exactly, the point is we should not seriously expect any more from this team or organization than we have witnessed since the Cup season--and that's disappointing.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
I'm not calling for Bylsma's head yet and 2-2 looks nice on paper, but when you look at what they've done on the ice, I do have to wonder why we continue to feel deja vu. Some of the same habits that have gotten them into trouble going back a few seasons are still popping up.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Another minus to my roomate. Told me Pens deserved to win, said we played better then the Jets, and that i can't scream at the TV because i'm worse then the players.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Another minus to my roomate. Told me Pens deserved to win, said we played better then the Jets, and that i can't scream at the TV because i'm worse then the players.

Let me know if you need help burying the body.

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
I'm not calling for Bylsma's head yet and 2-2 looks nice on paper, but when you look at what they've done on the ice, I do have to wonder why we continue to feel deja vu. Some of the same habits that have gotten them into trouble going back a few seasons are still popping up.

Its because DB decides to ****ing put Lovejoy out there. What the **** was he thinking?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Exactly, the point is we should not seriously expect any more from this team or organization than we have witnessed since the Cup season--and that's disappointing.

But not surprising.

IMO, you can't **** around in a 48 game season.

It's like we're right back to the same old ****.

BTW, I'm reviewing the new CBA. I can't find the clause about how the Penguins will be assessed a penalty for providing puck support and using five foot passes on the breakout, but I'll post it here when I do find it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad