Post-Game Talk: #4| New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | Broctober 11th | 7:00 PM | F/l 5-2

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Judging from this season our fourth line is old, overpaid, and slow. That is fine because they have a lot of miles on them but when Trotz deploys them in a lot of situations it hurts us big time. Brassard has been having a rough game and has not brought the defense the Filppula had let alone the offense.

If the team is going to have any chance to win this game they really need to have some even strength pressure for once.

Agree the fourth line was great for us but it’s finished. Brassard is terrible. f***

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
I'm not used to the sloppy D. I gotta trust Trotz will get that sorted. But it's like the guys forgot what made us successful last year. Gotta get back to the discipline in our d zone. Quick.

Reactions: TeamKidd

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Yeah the offense we knew wouldn't be electric. But the defense. Not. Good. And almost none of it has been on dobson.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Time for Barzal to start stepping up and playing games like he did his rookie year when he would take over.

Kvashin

Aug 14, 2005
MDC is noticeable, creative, dynamic. I think a bump up to play with Barzal would help him.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I also have to say I think it is humorous how Boychuk has like his first PP shift in forever and has a patented Johnny Rocket goal blown past the goalie. Yet we continue put Leddy and Pulock (who couldn't hit water if he shot off a bridge) out there as the PP dmen. Pelech and Pulock have been brutal tonight, absolutely dreadful.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Truthfully, I really thought Brassard would turn it around a bit. He's been in a bad way since he left NY. Very disappointed thus far.

Me too tbh. Had a decent preseason but looks terrible. But at the end of the day thank f***ing god Lou isn’t making moved for players because he has no idea what’s going on

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I also have to say I think it is humorous how Boychuk has like his first PP shift in forever and has a patented Johnny Rocket goal blown past the goalie. Yet we continue put Leddy and Pulock (who couldn't hit water if he shot off a bridge) out there as the PP dmen. Pelech and Pulock have been brutal tonight, absolutely dreadful.

He can't skate with the puck, they wouldn't enter the zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad