Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Stewart signed?

Stewart signing incoming....

107612.jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Welinski is a pretty good player. I highly doubt he gets claimed, or else he would’ve signed this summer with an organization promising him an NHL spot. But I really like having him & Bigras as call-up depth. Also, he’s going to make the Phantoms a real bitch to play against. That team should compete for the championship.

Reactions: KrazyKat

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah but that is where common sense needs to step in and make a change.

To play 2 games....then 6 days off...then play 1 game...then 4 days off...is just crazy. To have that happen to start a season is just stupid.

Right??

Same with the Flyers - especially when you consider the Hawks got the polar opposite. Seven straight home games after Prague.

Reactions: Here4ThaList

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Signing Stewart would immediately remove a lot of cap and roster flexibility.

If Patrick was fully healthy and Stewart was going to be the 14th forward, I think it would be more likely. But then AV said he wanted 8 dmen on the roster.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I hope they don't sign Stewart.

I get wanting a vet as, say, your 13th/14th forward if for nothing other than it is probably preferable to having a 22 year old as a regular healthy scratch. Which is what I think Stewart will be if they sign him.

I guess I saw Pitlick as that guy, the 13th/14th who can play when there are injuries.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It shouldn’t be , but it’s pretty amazing AV recognized Jakes poor decision making and has made efforts to correct it. If he simplifies his game and uses his skill and speed he’s very effective. Hopefully he can do that and get things going in the right direction.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It shouldn’t be , but it’s pretty amazing AV recognized Jakes poor decision making and has made efforts to correct it. If he simplifies his game and uses his skill and speed he’s very effective. Hopefully he can do that and get things going in the right direction.

I wonder if it's poor decision making per se, or if Voracek just has some ingrained habits (like holding onto the puck too long) that he has to break to play effectively in AV's schemes. That is, Voracek isn't making any egregious errors that I've seen, but doesn't seem to be able to "flow" with his linemates.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I wonder if it's poor decision making per se, or if Voracek just has some ingrained habits (like holding onto the puck too long) that he has to break to play effectively in AV's schemes. That is, Voracek isn't making any egregious errors that I've seen, but doesn't seem to be able to "flow" with his linemates.

I think he does have bad habits that may stick out now. I’m sure he will rebound and that will be important for this year, but I’m not his biggest fan and wouldn’t mind if this was the start of moving on from him in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce