GDT: #4: FLYERS at Flames, Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019, 9:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
It will be interesting to see how AV and Fletch are doing in terms of roster management, all that travelling and now going into a back to back and doing that without an extra forward and a #7D that they don't trust to play. Fatigue could catch up with them.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Feels like this game is usual, yeah flames are in a rut, watch them score half a dozen on us. Instead I feel like we bound to put 6 on these fools.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
1F4F0199-8BD7-4037-9CD7-570D35AE3953.jpeg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It will be interesting to see how AV and Fletch are doing in terms of roster management, all that travelling and now going into a back to back and doing that without an extra forward and a #7D that they don't trust to play. Fatigue could catch up with them.

They've played three games this month. They might be jet lagged or sick, but they should not be fatigued.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Oh yeah, it was definitely caused by the European trip for the most part.

I'd just like to see the Flyers at least a bit to start the season then around December get tired of them for letting me down so they can go out West then.

If they started out on the West Coast (as they have the last few years) they would have been back already and probably played two home games along with the 3 west coast games. Instead we've seen three games up to this point.

Hard to believe they Flyers haven’t opened the season at home since 2013. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but that feels dickish.

I’d be surprised if any other team has gone that long without a home opener - and Prague doesn’t count lol.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Calgary - better team than they've looked so far.

13 Johnny Gaudreau - 23 Sean Monahan - 28 Elias Lindholm
19 Matthew Tkachuk - 11 Mikael Backlund - 88 Andrew Mangiapane
Gaudreau needs no introduction, Monohan (#6-2013) is a young star, Lindholm (#5-2013) broke out last year at 24, how much is him and how much his linemates? Tkachuk (#6-2016) may be fat, but so is his wallet, he can score. Backlund is a solid but not special (ES 34, 34, 31, 43), Mangiapane is an undersized scorer who was passed over his first draft year, scored in the OHL and the AHL but unproven in the NHL.

Milan Lucic - 10 Derek Ryan - 93 Sam Bennett
16 Tobias Rieder - 77 Mark Jankowski - 67 Michael Frolik
That third line is putrid, Lucic, nuff said, Ryan, ES 20, 31, 27 with good two way play, but at age 33 he's not getting better, Bennett (#4-2014) is a solid 4th line forward playing on the 3rd line.
Reider is a freakin' Lady Byng finalist who can' score, Jankowski is a passable 4C, Frolik (ES 33, 22, 31) might be a decent 3LW.

5 Mark Giordano - 4 Rasmus Andersson
55 Noah Hanifin - 24 Travis Hamonic
7 TJ Brodie - 26 Michael Stone

Giordano shows no signs of slowing down at 36.
Hanifin (#5-2015) and Hamonic are off to slow starts, but too young and talented to play this badly.
Brodie and Anderson are getting equal ES minutes, with Brodie reverting back to his norm after a career season last year.
Stone/Kylington are the #6/#7 D-men on merit.

Goalies could be the problem, Rittich is a bottom half guy (.906, .911 in his first full season at age 26), and Talbot is terrible.
Rittich is unlikely to play 60 games (career high is 58 in 2015-16), so Talbot will get 25 or so starts.

They played over their head last season, were exposed by Colorado in the 1st rd, and are now playing below their talent.
Built around Gaudreau and a group of high picks (Monahan, Tkachuk, Lindholm-Hanifin/Hamilton), and a couple key veterans, they lack depth at forward and quality in goal.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Crazy part is, we are not the worst. NYR have played 3 games and don't play until Thursday. And yet have played 2 home games and a game in Ottawa.

So stupid that they have had a 6 day break already and are in the middle of a 4 day break. One game in 11 days and DIDN'T travel to Europe or out West yet.

I get that every team gets a week off during the season, and since the season is about 30-some weeks long, somebody gets the week off right at the beginning.

But for the Rags, that’s ridiculous.

Honestly, with all the technology at their disposal, is this honestly the best they can come up with??

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I get that every team gets a week off during the season, and since the season is about 30-some weeks long, somebody gets the week off right at the beginning.

Honestly, with all the technology at their disposal, is this honestly the best they can come up with??

Got to factor in building availability for 31 buildings with most being used for NBA and Concerts. Then add in Lacrosse and Arena football at a couple. That makes things a little more interesting for the people doing the job of making these schedules.

Flyers and Blackhawks really should have played 2 over in Europe. Then came back to the states.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Got to factor in building availability for 31 buildings with most being used for NBA and Concerts. Then add in Lacrosse and Arena football at a couple. That makes things a little more interesting for the people doing the job of making these schedules.

Flyers and Blackhawks really should have played 2 over in Europe. Then came back to the states.

Yes absolutely. I was being a bit facetious.

In the Flyers case, I agree that they should have played two in Europe. Maybe even bring over 3-4 teams next time and get their season series over with in a mini European tourney. That’s just efficient.

I remember watching a mini documentary years back about the NHL schedule makers and the considerations that go into it. It’s quite involved and, at least at the time, it had to be completely done manually because technology simply couldn’t handle all the factors involved.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Technology doesn't magically make multi-use buildings available to NHL teams whenever they want them.

Reactions: marcsson68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->