GDT: #4: FLYERS at Flames, Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019, 9:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I get that every team gets a week off during the season, and since the season is about 30-some weeks long, somebody gets the week off right at the beginning.

But for the Rags, that’s ridiculous.

Honestly, with all the technology at their disposal, is this honestly the best they can come up with??
Really, no team should get a week off in October...or March/April. Too early is a waste. Too late and it's a possible advantage for the playoffs.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Member when Hak strolled into the crowd to collect some pre-game kudos? That was in Calgary.

J6GfXQb.jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don’t think Talbot is stoning anybody, unless he becomes a pot dealer, which he may need to pursue soon based on his recent play. At least he’s not far from British Columbia.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Could be. Plus he wiped out in the boards in the Devils game. That’s gotta hurt.

Honestly, he looked good in the preseason with Hayes and JVR/Oskar. But then, Lausanne happened and AV took out his Ninja line blender...

What is up with the bass clef......trombonist, bassoonist, double bass......just curious.....

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
It's amazing how teams play games the day after some concerts with the pyro that some bands use. I'm specifically thinking of TSO.

I always enjoy the time lapse videos of changeovers from ice to basketball court, concert floor, etc. When I worked for the Sens, It was pretty neat to watch them while we rehearsed.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
NHL schedule: Bye weeks for 2019-20 season

It looks like all the bye weeks are in January, so for the Rags, it just ended up as a scheduling quirk to have all this time off at the beginning.
Yeah but that is where common sense needs to step in and make a change.

To play 2 games....then 6 days off...then play 1 game...then 4 days off...is just crazy. To have that happen to start a season is just stupid.

Reactions: flyersnorth

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Yeah but that is where common sense needs to step in and make a change.

To play 2 games....then 6 days off...then play 1 game...then 4 days off...is just crazy. To have that happen to start a season is just stupid.
They don't call it the World's Most Famous Arena for nothing.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I don’t think analogizing the Flyers’ rosters under Hakstol to the Titanic is apt.
We had enough top end talent to have some success, despite his considerable coaching deficiencies.

Looking at his tenure as a whole and considering his: system, ice times, player usage and development. His inability to make in game adjustments, bland and uninspiring persona, bizarre obsession with scrubs..etc...

I stand by my analogizing. It was a disaster and nightmare for us fans.

In case it’s not obvious GB, figuratively not literally..no one is suggesting he caused death on a massive scale.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
We had enough top end talent to have some success, despite his considerable coaching deficiencies.

Looking at his tenure as a whole and considering his: system, ice times, player usage and development. His inability to make in game adjustments, bland and uninspiring persona, bizarre obsession with scrubs..etc...

I stand by my analogizing. It was a disaster and nightmare for us fans.

In case it’s not obvious GB, figuratively not literally..no one is suggesting he caused death on a massive scale.
In case it’s not obvious, OS, the Titanic was supposed to be the biggest, most indestructible ship ever built. A far cry from the rosters Hakstol “captained.”

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
In case it’s not obvious, OS, the Titanic was supposed to be the biggest, most indestructible ship ever built. A far cry from the rosters Hakstol “captained.”

I now understand the point you were making. Fair enough, the talent wasn’t Titanic level. He still coached like he was aiming at the ice burgs though ;)

Reactions: Ghosts Beer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad