GDT: 4/9/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Going 0-4 against the Habs this season after the past we have with them hasn't been fun...ok, this game isn't over but we can't play against them with their backup in net.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We look like we're playing pond hockey.

But I guess this game means as much as a game of pond hockey, so...

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I didn't catch the number but one of the defenders just made a textbook defense of that odd man rush. Looked over his shoulder, saw the late man coming in and didn't commit to the angle. He stayed right up the middle and defended it.

Wish we'd see more of that these days

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wonder if Yzerman's plan to get some sort of positive return for Carle has involved the commentators.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Question that will undoubtedly be unpopular: Has Andrei Vasilevskiy regressed?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Question that will undoubtedly be unpopular: Has Andrei Vasilevskiy regressed?

Absolutely but I don't feel like its entirely his fault. We've tried to get Vasy the regular game but with Bishop playing so well it's been a little hard to justify putting him on the bench so we can keep Vasy hot. When he has played it hasn't always been great. It's hard to get a young goaltender to find a balance and consistency if he doesn't play much.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Absolutely but I don't feel like its entirely his fault. We've tried to get Vasy the regular game but with Bishop playing so well it's been a little hard to justify putting him on the bench so we can keep Vasy hot. When he has played it hasn't always been great. It's hard to get a young goaltender to find a balance and consistency if he doesn't play much.

This, also there have been times when we could have gone every other game but then we were in the position where we really need points and went with the safer card in Bish.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply it's his fault. Just that the flashes of brilliance came more often last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad