GDT: 4/7/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I sort of feel like Domingue embellished that but it was still GI and shouldn't count

Against Domingue this is gonna count every day of the week. But can you see them allow that one against Quick or Crawford? They would never do it.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The team need to wake up.
We lead in SOG but there haven't been many good chances.

One thing we have to get better at is screening their goalie, and by that I mean the other teams goalie and not our own, we're very good at that.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Before this season I could almost always predict how a GI call would go. I'd say I was correct about 85% of the time. And now I'm wrong like every f***ing time.

Reactions: Hoek

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Cooper has been replaced by Hose

Hose is cooper guys

40209293765_458506bac1_o.gif

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I can't think of any any good scoring chances in that period. Can't give up that third goal or it's going to be difficult to come back.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
This is a classic trap game. Looks like they're falling for it, too.

Not a great showing in the first given their opponent and the stakes.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Pretty disappointing 1st. Maybe the boys are gassed. Maybe going 11/7 on the heals of a BTB isn’t smart.

Definitely a little bad luck but not playing well at all.

If Ottawa wins it’s all good.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Dotchin is still the 6th best defenseman on this team...at least in my view. Even though I don't agree, I understand why Cooper wants to play Sergachev over Dotchin. What I don't get is why he even seems to prefer Sustr and Koekkoek. Dotchin is easily better than them no matter how I look at it. I can't help but think that this all goes back to the incident that cost Dotchin his spot in the opening lineup. He eventually got to play but never really got his spot back. His play for a while also wasn't where it should have been but still. I don't think they would normally treat him like that. He showed what he can do last season.

I'm also wondering if there's some off-ice issues with Dotchin. He hasn't been nearly as consistent this season. But, then, he only played 35 games last season. Think he sometimes forgets that his job is to be the defensive defenseman who allows Heddy to wander and tries to do too much.

I don't mind Cooper giving Sustr or Koekkoek some time in this game because they might be needed to fill in due to injury in the POs but I doubt any of them or Dotchin will be back next season.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
They just needed to get behind a couple of goals so they can come out on fire the last 2 periods. No worry, we have them where we want them.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I still wonder how Killorn gets more criticism then Palat this season, not that the goal is his fault, but Killorn never would have done it!

He would have been on his back and swallowed the puck as opposed to deflection off the skate :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad