GDT: 4/7/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Win I don’t want to face Babcock and the leafs in round one he took us to 7 games with a old broken redwings team in 2015

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Not been that impressed with McD yet. :skeptic:

I also wonder why Dotchin is out. I'd play him during the playoffs. He's better than Sustr and Koekkoek and probably more reliable than Sergachev right now. Difficult to use him if he didn't play for weeks though. Thought they would play him in this one since defense hasn't exactly been good lately. McDonagh isn't the only problem. Still waiting for some improved backchecking from the forwards though.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I also wonder why Dotchin is out. I'd play him during the playoffs. He's better than Sustr and Koekkoek and probably more reliable than Sergachev right now. Difficult to use him if he didn't play for weeks though. Thought they would play him in this one since defense hasn't exactly been good lately. McDonagh isn't the only problem. Still waiting for some improved backchecking from the forwards though.

Last few times Dotchin was in, he would play one decent game then relapse into boneheadedness. They also don't seem to try him with anyone other than Hedman. I was thinking Coburn/Dotchin might make a physical forward-smashing duo, but you need to have at least one decently fast skater on a pair. And weirdly enough, I actually trust Girardi with Hedman over Dotchin. o_O

McDonagh obviously has talent and experience but he's got to get out of a Rangers style defensive mindset. Strålman can help with that if Mack is willing to adapt to his new team. Funny, but there's a bunch of Rangers fans who wanted to see a McDonagh/Strålman pairing while Stråls was still with them.

Edited to add: and yeah, some of our forwards seem to forget that defense isn't just up to the d-men.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I was about to make an angry post about there still being too many penalties by the Bolts. Oops sorry Girardi lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad