GDT: 4/7/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I know Fowler, he fell to 12th. Ranking wise him and Connolly were very similar, both around top 5, central scouting had Connolly at 3, not sure any site had Fowler at 3. The only knock on Connolly was his hip injury that made him miss most of the year, besides that he was one of the best offensive players available. We just drafted Hedman the year before, besides Stamkos we had no young top line or 6 potential forwards, all our forwards were aging the pick wasn't bad. His play the next year in junior was fine, he wasn't ready for the NHL so his rookie year was a disaster. He was great in Syracuse he just couldn't translate his game when he was called up. He could be a Killorn type player for us if we would've kept him. Not sure Fowler becomes the player he is with us as Hedman would've kept him from being a top pair player.

I want the bad to leave that's why I hope we don't resign Stamkos.

Agreed, especially on the latter. Think he's done here. Can't see him coming back after this especially if we get bounced early, there will be some new faces next year or a tweak in the plan given the lack of offensive talent below us.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I know Fowler, he fell to 12th. Ranking wise him and Connolly were very similar, both around top 5, central scouting had Connolly at 3, not sure any site had Fowler at 3. The only knock on Connolly was his hip injury that made him miss most of the year, besides that he was one of the best offensive players available. We just drafted Hedman the year before, besides Stamkos we had no young top line or 6 potential forwards, all our forwards were aging the pick wasn't bad. His play the next year in junior was fine, he wasn't ready for the NHL so his rookie year was a disaster. He was great in Syracuse he just couldn't translate his game when he was called up. He could be a Killorn type player for us if we would've kept him. Not sure Fowler becomes the player he is with us as Hedman would've kept him from being a top pair player.

I want the bad to leave that's why I hope we don't resign Stamkos.

Connolly's an interesting case to reflect on. It always felt like he struggled with NHL speed to me, not physically but mentally. He thought the game a fraction of a second too slowly, which is something we've seen with Stamkos when he's not keeping it simple. That's probably why Connolly was so successful in the AHL, where things are just a hair slower. My theory, anyway.

I still check in on his numbers occasionally to see how it's going for him in Boston. I think there's still some hope he'll be a late-bloomer. He has all the physical tools.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Connolly's an interesting case to reflect on. It always felt like he struggled with NHL speed to me, not physically but mentally. He thought the game a fraction of a second too slowly, which is something we've seen with Stamkos when he's not keeping it simple. That's probably why Connolly was so successful in the AHL, where things are just a hair slower. My theory, anyway.

I still check in on his numbers occasionally to see how it's going for him in Boston. I think there's still some hope he'll be a late-bloomer. He has all the physical tools.
Given the right winger and center I can see Connolly being a 20-20 guy. I kind of wished Tampa would have kept him but I guess yzerman valued the 2nd round draft picks more. So in the long run we will see how this turns out.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Those passes 27 was making on one particular PP makes you wonder what he'd be like with an extended look with a guy who's, you know, famous for getting wide open.

Drouin's stick is weirdly deceptive. There were times when it looked like he was still handling the puck and yet he'd already made a tape-to-tape pass.

Carle is famous for getting wide open... From his assignment, are we talking about him ? ;)

More seriously Drouin seems to have understood he needed to shoot more in the minors, he's got the skillset to be the complete offensive package and with Namestnikov's heavy playmaking mindset that combo makes me drool. Never seen 27 so focused on the defensive side of the game moreover (picked a devil's pocket to score his goal) and you know how much I personally value Namestnikov's 2 way game as a center... Sparks could be flying.

I really hope Coop's gonna give a real, honest chance for that 27-90-17 line to stick together.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Carle is famous for getting wide open... From his assignment, are we talking about him ? ;)

More seriously Drouin seems to have understood he needed to shoot more in the minors, he's got the skillset to be the complete offensive package and with Namestnikov's heavy playmaking mindset that combo makes me drool. Never seen 27 so focused on the defensive side of the game moreover (picked a devil's pocket to score his goal) and you know how much I personally value Namestnikov's 2 way game as a center... Sparks could be flying.

I really hope Coop's gonna give a real, honest chance for that 27-90-17 line to stick together.

Agreed on the shooting thing. I honestly believe that's Cooper's major problem with Drouin--the over-passing. Or, in Drouin's case, he would often handle the puck in and out of danger areas, only to pass to a guy who'd been wide open at the point the whole time. It was one of the few things I didn't like about his game. He often rendered his own skills benign, by skating from a scoring area to a safe area. Whenever he was shooting the puck, Cooper would--and I say this as a huge Cooper critic--give him a longer leash in other aspects of the game.

It's sad that we're still probably 90% to lose him this summer, but at least if he finishes the season like a stud we'll get a legit return.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Agreed on the shooting thing. I honestly believe that's Cooper's major problem with Drouin--the over-passing. Or, in Drouin's case, he would often handle the puck in and out of danger areas, only to pass to a guy who'd been wide open at the point the whole time. It was one of the few things I didn't like about his game. He often rendered his own skills benign, by skating from a scoring area to a safe area. Whenever he was shooting the puck, Cooper would--and I say this as a huge Cooper critic--give him a longer leash in other aspects of the game.

It's sad that we're still probably 90% to lose him this summer, but at least if he finishes the season like a stud we'll get a legit return.
If he performs well in the playoffs and they let Stamkos walk, any chance he stays? What do you guys think?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

I thought he had a decent looking shot when he was originally up with us either at the beginning of this season or the end of last.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Johnson has had the same kind of season as Cally. Up and down and filled with injuries, just when you think they are getting out of their funk they go right back into it . As I said before, glad they are shutting down Cally the rest of the season even if he could go tomorrow, what's the point? I think you also put JAM in for Johnson tomorrow or go 11F and 7D and give him some extra time off. Do you agree?

you are entirely out of your mind

cally 73 games 28 total points? almost a point every three games lol

johnson 68 games 38 points over 0.5 average he is better if or even injured in every way shape and for to callahan and i am a supporter of callahan

and sure give everyone we can a night off lol too bad cant bring up entire crunch roster lol

tyler johnson funk at over 0.5 is not a terrible thing callahan on the other hand is leaving a whole lot off the table that is needed yes he gives us grit but need more

hes a guy you want to do well especially now in playoffs

so hope they both turn it on now is the time id expect johnson at least to maintain unsure what callahan is going to do will be totally satisfied if he somehow does a killorn from last year

if he does disappear? wow dont even want to go down that dark path myself have to start thinking long term at that point fair or unfair we need him to man up and be a difference maker period

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
If he performs well in the playoffs and they let Stamkos walk, any chance he stays? What do you guys think?

stamkos stays 95 percent
drouin is 50/50 period the longer we go in playoffs more likely it works itself out

he just wants his time cooper said that is easy just shoot the puck

so if he asks for trade again he will move if lets it slide is on top line with stamkos next year i think he stays stevie wont trade him till he can get full worth for him and stevie does not want to trade drouin never did

is really all on drouin guys seem to love him we do well that will seriously go a long long long way in getting past this

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
stamkos stays 95 percent
drouin is 50/50 period the longer we go in playoffs more likely it works itself out

he just wants his time cooper said that is easy just shoot the puck

so if he asks for trade again he will move if lets it slide is on top line with stamkos next year i think he stays stevie wont trade him till he can get full worth for him and stevie does not want to trade drouin never did

is really all on drouin guys seem to love him we do well that will seriously go a long long long way in getting past this
Why 95 on Stamkos give me reasons you think he stays after so long not signing ?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Why 95 on Stamkos give me reasons you think he stays after so long not signing ?

ive given you 100 todd

he simply didnt want to deal with during season this week is major pain week sposed to stay in bed next week he is going to go nutts not having to be in bed but being unable to do anything close to routine

i think he will look over the contract offer in his downtime and might send his guy to talk to stevie and start the process

just my two cents hes down for 28 days so three weeks of nothing maybe ride bike sometime in second or third week but CANNOT skate cant fall could kill him on blood thinners so extra precautios and boredddddddddddddddd out of mind

stamkos has never said anything on leaving never said does not want to be here opposite he has said he wants to be here

talking to teammates just like drouin he is their or their words OUR GUY over and over up and down the roster

he stays

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
ive given you 100 todd

he simply didnt want to deal with during season this week is major pain week sposed to stay in bed next week he is going to go nutts not having to be in bed but being unable to do anything close to routine

i think he will look over the contract offer in his downtime and might send his guy to talk to stevie and start the process

just my two cents hes down for 28 days so three weeks of nothing maybe ride bike sometime in second or third week but CANNOT skate cant fall could kill him on blood thinners so extra precautios and boredddddddddddddddd out of mind

stamkos has never said anything on leaving never said does not want to be here opposite he has said he wants to be here

talking to teammates just like drouin he is their or their words OUR GUY over and over up and down the roster

he stays
He said I wanted to stay also http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...with_devils_before_leaving_i_wasnt_lying.html. Start the process why the hell did we not start the process back in July lol we better lock up hedman one year ahead of time or I will go more nuts way worse then this

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

That is what was killing me when Drouin was sulking at home. If he wants to leave so be it, but a Drouin playing and playing like this will turn heads and someone will pay the high price for his services.

I thought he had a decent looking shot when he was originally up with us either at the beginning of this season or the end of last.

He always had a correct shot, it's just that he never used it. Can't score if you don't shoot, and the kid can definitely score. That's what I call a major improvement.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
you are entirely out of your mind

cally 73 games 28 total points? almost a point every three games lol

johnson 68 games 38 points over 0.5 average he is better if or even injured in every way shape and for to callahan and i am a supporter of callahan

and sure give everyone we can a night off lol too bad cant bring up entire crunch roster lol

tyler johnson funk at over 0.5 is not a terrible thing callahan on the other hand is leaving a whole lot off the table that is needed yes he gives us grit but need more

hes a guy you want to do well especially now in playoffs

so hope they both turn it on now is the time id expect johnson at least to maintain unsure what callahan is going to do will be totally satisfied if he somehow does a killorn from last year

if he does disappear? wow dont even want to go down that dark path myself have to start thinking long term at that point fair or unfair we need him to man up and be a difference maker period

Huh? How am I out of my mind? Both players have had the same fate this season. Recurring injuries, snake-bitten as hell, up and down this season, not consistent, both severely down in points where they should be.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Huh? How am I out of my mind? Both players have had the same fate this season. Recurring injuries, snake-bitten as hell, up and down this season, not consistent, both severely down in points where they should be.

johnson is over 0.5 which is exceptable for top six player

callahan is like 0.3 that is not acceptable that is third line or even fourth line type of numbers

i really expected callahan to be a difference maker for the power play that in fairness is a fail as is for all the players

but but but but

when marchassault has better power play numbers than callahan its time to look in mirror

now ive said if callahan is like LA's brown and he comes through in the playoffs and puts a level of being one of our better forwards for the playoffs I WILL IGNORE his season 100% and i meant that when we signed his contract

but if he doesnt step up in the playoffs if he doesnt perform at a very high level and help us go deep? and disappears entirely as he has at certain point this year

i am first in line of saying move him or even oohhhh buy him out

I love this type of player but there has to be some type of expectations and if he has a bad season so be it if hes a star in playoffs your happy i expect him to be HUGE this playoffs just like brown otherwise id rather bring up kids like blunden richard erne etc.. and move on

I know you will not like this but 6 million a year you better be a top four forward period when it matters

he can do it he did it for a couple weeks when got hott we need that now period

i hope he comes through:)

but comparing him to johnson this year is not even close

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No offense Robert but when your coach puts you on the 3rd line for most of the season and gives less PP time it's very hard to produce like a top 6 player. I guarantee you if ****kng Cooper kept him in the top 6 all last season he would of easily hit over 60 points last season. He was in the zone last year. With little inconsistency and no injuries to deal with. He can easily get back to that next season.

Last edited:

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
No offense Robert but when your coach puts you on the 3rd line for most of the season and gives less PP time it's very hard to produce like a top 6 player. I guarantee you if ****kng Cooper kept him in the top 6 all last season he would of easily hit over 60 points last season. He was in the zone last year. With little inconsistency and no injuries to deal with. He can easily get back to that next season.

I don't think he would have hit the 60 point mark this season. When given chances he was snakebit as hell. He's just been down this year, hopefully he kicks it up in the playoffs.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think he would have hit the 60 point mark this season. When given chances he was snakebit as hell. He's just been down this year, hopefully he kicks it up in the playoffs.

No dude meant last season. He had 54 points in 77 games while playing a fair chunk on the 3rd line.

Hope he can he went into a nice hot streak for about 20 games but he has to be healthy. The extra rest will hopefully help for next week.

Also found out that Cally might have off season surgery more serious than we thought. Poor guy has nothing ****ing go right.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

you might get me incorrectly

i do not care what ANYONE does during the season:) I overlook that stuff if he scored 1 goal like carle did or whatever no complaints when people step up in playoffs

He has his chance for me to ignore the entire season:) I pray he does that cause we absolutely neeeeeeeeeeeeeed that callahan even as we need a solid carle

how he plays the next couple of rounds is how im going to view filppula callahan even brown paquette and all the others including the triplets

play well help us continue on? even if again he is snakebitten but if he is a force hitting creating havoc stopping the other teams top scorers? its all good i just want him to play his best right now:) I know he can do it

when first signed many said he disappeared during playoffs i want the guy who played with asimov:) i want that callahan he was a force

for me the page turns on wednesday everything and i mean everything else is gone the bad power play the bad decisions etc..

i expect callahan to be a deciding factor of how we do along with the rest of them

one thing we know is he isnt going to disappear he will be hitting he will be playing big minutes his play if hes on third line dictates how much we get on the top two lines allowing them freedom etc..

his play on pk will be huge cause we have to maintain that or are in huge trouble with how bad our power play is probably going to be

he gets some timely plays helps us score goals etc.. is all im hoping for

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
No dude meant last season. He had 54 points in 77 games while playing a fair chunk on the 3rd line.

Hope he can he went into a nice hot streak for about 20 games but he has to be healthy. The extra rest will hopefully help for next week.

Also found out that Cally might have off season surgery more serious than we thought. Poor guy has nothing ****ing go right.

cooper stated no one has talked to him about this

id say is groin like maybe drouin had a groin injury which means needs two months down time and heals self so id say no surgery

but ya this needs to heal he was hitting hard since came back so hopefully he brings that we need it

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I totally agree with you . Want this regular season to end. It has not been fun to watch. We are limping into the playoffs literally. Can we hit the reset button and people get hot next week? Let's hope so, I am not as confident as last year but maybe they will surprise us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad