GDT: 4/7/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Can't say who I'd rather face between Detroit and Boston. We struggle against both. Tonight was ugly. Wink wink. I thought Taormina was solid out there tonight. He's shown me he's a more reliable defender than Carle in the small sample size over the seasons he's played.

We need that Drouin line along with the triplets to catch fire 6 days from now. Taormina is actually not a hinderance. Sustr, Nesterov and Taormina will have to step it up big time. Hopefully we get Hedman and Cally back to 100% by Wednesday.

Really need some luck this year.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Can't say who I'd rather face between Detroit and Boston. We struggle against both. Tonight was ugly. Wink wink. I thought Taormina was solid out there tonight. He's shown me he's a more reliable defender than Carle in the small sample size over the seasons he's played.

We need that Drouin line along with the triplets to catch fire 6 days from now. Taormina is actually not a hinderance. Sustr, Nesterov and Taormina will have to step it up big time. Hopefully we get Hedman and Cally back to 100% by Wednesday.

Really need some luck this year.

I think you meant to say Nesterov and not Carle. Carle is competent but extremely overpaid, Nesterov is terrible but paid appropriately.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I think you meant to say Nesterov and not Carle. Carle is competent but extremely overpaid, Nesterov is terrible but paid appropriately.

No, I meant who I said. Your love affair with terrible and mediocre players is no longer funny. Hasn't been for years. Carle is the worst defenseman to grace the ice in Tampa in years. Up there for one of the worst players I've ever seen too.

Puck goes in his corner and he's ahead of the guy by 15 feet. Glide, keep looking back, wait til he's on ypu, smack puck to opposing LW and turn it over. Rinse and repeat.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Tried to wake up for the game but fell back asleep after like two minutes. :laugh:

Nice to see Drouin got a goal in his first game back. Hopefully he can keep his groove from AHL going into the playoffs.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Carle was a +3 with 2 assists last night. ;)

:facepalm:

Doesn't reverse all the times I've yelled Carle the past two years. My neighbors probably think I'm raising a kid named carle or I have a dog named Carle I constantly yell at from 7-10pm. He's been awful for us, not sure how anybody can actually stick up for him.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
:facepalm:

Doesn't reverse all the times I've yelled Carle the past two years. My neighbors probably think I'm raising a kid named carle or I have a dog named Carle I constantly yell at from 7-10pm. He's been awful for us, not sure how anybody can actually stick up for him.

I think Carle has been stepping up well in Stralman's and Hedman's absent. Problem has been the forwards this season not the defense or goal-tending.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Carle was a +3 with 2 assists last night. ;)

Looks solid and I'm happy for him but I will also remember that horrible horrible turnover on their blueline that - if Killorn hadn't backchecked like a maniac - could've easily resulted in a GA.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rest TJ too, he definitely looks hurt. Keep playing Drouin and hope our guys heal quickly.

Johnson has had the same kind of season as Cally. Up and down and filled with injuries, just when you think they are getting out of their funk they go right back into it . As I said before, glad they are shutting down Cally the rest of the season even if he could go tomorrow, what's the point? I think you also put JAM in for Johnson tomorrow or go 11F and 7D and give him some extra time off. Do you agree?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Do you guys think that Bishop will play tomorrow to finish off the season? Or is there a chance Vas starts?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd hold Johnson out too. When he loses the extra gear, you know something's wrong. When he has the extra gear, it's always on display. Go with:

Down the middle tomorrow.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No, I meant who I said. Your love affair with terrible and mediocre players is no longer funny. Hasn't been for years. Carle is the worst defenseman to grace the ice in Tampa in years. Up there for one of the worst players I've ever seen too.

Puck goes in his corner and he's ahead of the guy by 15 feet. Glide, keep looking back, wait til he's on ypu, smack puck to opposing LW and turn it over. Rinse and repeat.

You must have a very short memory of Lightning defenders or terrible players if you have Carle at the top of your list.

Andrej Sustr is doing pretty well as a terrible and mediocre player. Brett Connolly would be right behind Callahan in scoring with less minutes and for a fifth the price. But I'll start blowing Stamkos, Drouin and Kucherov if it makes you feel better.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
You must have a very short memory of Lightning defenders or terrible players if you have Carle at the top of your list.

Andrej Sustr is doing pretty well as a terrible and mediocre player. Brett Connolly would be right behind Callahan in scoring with less minutes and for a fifth the price. But I'll start blowing Stamkos, Drouin and Kucherov if it makes you feel better.
"In years"
"One of"

And it's true, he's absolutely terrible. Sustr has been streaky but he's done well, I'll give you that. Connolly? You stroked him and he's not a game breaker, we couldve had so many different options that year and we went with a guy given chance after chance and did nothing to progress. Weren't you so bitter after blowing him all career long you became an Avs fan briefly? Lol. Let's not mention the fraud that was Brian Lee either, absolutely horrendous defenseman you sat there night after night defending.

Stamkos, Drouin, and Kucherov? You mean a 60 goal scorer, face of the franchise for 7 years, a 3OA pick that is 50/50 on coming back, and the star of our team? Not sure what you're even going off about. Pretty sure those 3 have done more in their careers than Lee, Connolly and Sustr have ever done. Not to mention anything further about the hot mess that is Carle...

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
"In years"
"One of"

And it's true, he's absolutely terrible. Sustr has been streaky but he's done well, I'll give you that. Connolly? You stroked him and he's not a game breaker, we couldve had so many different options that year and we went with a guy given chance after chance and did nothing to progress. Weren't you so bitter after blowing him all career long you became an Avs fan briefly? Lol. Let's not mention the fraud that was Brian Lee either, absolutely horrendous defenseman you sat there night after night defending.

Stamkos, Drouin, and Kucherov? You mean a 60 goal scorer, face of the franchise for 7 years, a 3OA pick that is 50/50 on coming back, and the star of our team? Not sure what you're even going off about. Pretty sure those 3 have done more in their careers than Lee, Connolly and Sustr have ever done. Not to mention anything further about the hot mess that is Carle...

Please tell me why we would pass on a top 5 rated player when drafting 6th overall? If you want to look in hindsight sure there were other players we should've picked but Connolly was drafted where he was expected to go and we had no top 6 forwards in the system. He didn't turn out as projected but he wasn't properly developed here.

I didn't become an Avs fan, you completely missed the reason why I even mentioned them. Yes, I will start bowing down to every good player on this team, God knows this board needs more people like that. I'll start following your lead on how to be a top notch poster, I think I'll change my name to Imunoriginal91 what do you think?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Loved seeing 27+90 developing chemistry as the game went on and Killorn is perfectly suited in that power forward role.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Please tell me why we would pass on a top 5 rated player when drafting 6th overall? If you want to look in hindsight sure there were other players we should've picked but Connolly was drafted where he was expected to go and we had no top 6 forwards in the system. He didn't turn out as projected but he wasn't properly developed here.

I didn't become an Avs fan, you completely missed the reason why I even mentioned them. Yes, I will start bowing down to every good player on this team, God knows this board needs more people like that. I'll start following your lead on how to be a top notch poster, I think I'll change my name to Imunoriginal91 what do you think?
Cam Fowler ring any bells? Connolly had his knocks, literally, coming into that draft. It was a terribke pick but we made it and gave him multiple chances and thwre was no advancement in his game for years. Not weeks or months, but years. Normally people support the good and the bad but eventually want the bad to leave. The bad left and you still want them here over the good. Weird.

You are such a child at times, no need to start the flaming.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Cam Fowler ring any bells? Connolly had his knocks, literally, coming into that draft. It was a terribke pick but we made it and gave him multiple chances and thwre was no advancement in his game for years. Not weeks or months, but years. Normally people support the good and the bad but eventually want the bad to leave. The bad left and you still want them here over the good. Weird.

You are such a child at times, no need to start the flaming.

I know Fowler, he fell to 12th. Ranking wise him and Connolly were very similar, both around top 5, central scouting had Connolly at 3, not sure any site had Fowler at 3. The only knock on Connolly was his hip injury that made him miss most of the year, besides that he was one of the best offensive players available. We just drafted Hedman the year before, besides Stamkos we had no young top line or 6 potential forwards, all our forwards were aging the pick wasn't bad. His play the next year in junior was fine, he wasn't ready for the NHL so his rookie year was a disaster. He was great in Syracuse he just couldn't translate his game when he was called up. He could be a Killorn type player for us if we would've kept him. Not sure Fowler becomes the player he is with us as Hedman would've kept him from being a top pair player.

I want the bad to leave that's why I hope we don't resign Stamkos.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I know Fowler, he fell to 12th. Ranking wise him and Connolly were very similar, both around top 5, central scouting had Connolly at 3, not sure any site had Fowler at 3. The only knock on Connolly was his hip injury that made him miss most of the year, besides that he was one of the best offensive players available. We just drafted Hedman the year before, besides Stamkos we had no young top line or 6 potential forwards, all our forwards were aging the pick wasn't bad. His play the next year in junior was fine, he wasn't ready for the NHL so his rookie year was a disaster. He was great in Syracuse he just couldn't translate his game when he was called up. He could be a Killorn type player for us if we would've kept him. Not sure Fowler becomes the player he is with us as Hedman would've kept him from being a top pair player.

I want the bad to leave that's why I hope we don't resign Stamkos.
How much would you pay Stamkos ?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Loved seeing 27+90 developing chemistry as the game went on and Killorn is perfectly suited in that power forward role.

Those passes 27 was making on one particular PP makes you wonder what he'd be like with an extended look with a guy who's, you know, famous for getting wide open.

Drouin's stick is weirdly deceptive. There were times when it looked like he was still handling the puck and yet he'd already made a tape-to-tape pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad