GDT: 4/7/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
And when Drouin was suspended, and Cooper proved to be stubborn, we cried out to our Lord Yzer, "forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do!"

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Yes!!

Win!!

Now we have one more game and then the "real" season begins.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Just caught the last couple minutes of the game. Didn't see Drouin (and didn't know he was laying) until he was congratulating Bish. As mad as I was at all the **** that happened with Drouin, I am glad he got called up (and scored the game winner apparently). I hope the team figures out a way to get some consistency in their play.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
NJ isn't the biggest challenge in the league, but overall this was a good one. Hopefully this was Bish's last tune up for the playoffs. Let Vasy end the season vs Montreal. Jo had some early turnovers, but he settled down and got stronger as the game went on. There were a lot of things to like about his game even though it's only 1 showing. I think I'm more confident in our chances to make it out of the 1st round after tonight. Finnish strong Saturday and that's all we can really do.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Just tuned in for the last few minutes. How did it go? Drouin look good?

Seemed to work through some early game jitters/too much energy and settled in about halfway through the first. From there, he was one of our best players. Maybe the most consistently dangerous (I think he finished with 4 SOG).

Team played well overall. Balanced effort.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
NJ isn't the biggest challenge in the league, but overall this was a good one. Hopefully this was Bish's last tune up for the playoffs. Let Vasy end the season vs Montreal. Jo had some early turnovers, but he settled down and got stronger as the game went on. There were a lot of things to like about his game even though it's only 1 showing. I think I'm more confident in our chances to make it out of the 1st round after tonight. Finnish strong Saturday and that's all we can really do.

Biggest positive from this game was Coop stuck with Drouin through some hiccups. It paid off.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
That was...

hqdefault.jpg

an ugly win.

1447293905536.jpg

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Given that Jon scored nine goals in his last nine games in the A, and then scored another tonight...you know, if he's adding goal scoring to his arsenal, then Yzerman and Cooper would both be nuts to let this guy get away even more than it already would have been nuts to let that happen. It...cannot happen.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Given that Jon scored nine goals in his last nine games in the A, and then scored another tonight...you know, if he's adding goal scoring to his arsenal, then Yzerman and Cooper would both be nuts to let this guy get away even more than it already would have been nuts to let that happen. It...cannot happen.

I've said this is your Stamkos replacement in the top six while the captain Stamkos gets his pot of gold some place else

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

One thing I've noticed over the last year is, defense aside, Coop sticks with Drouin when Drouin's taking shots. I'm not so sure defense is Coop's main issue with him. Because when Drouin's shooting, he seems to have a much longer leash.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Bruins win 5-2, so Boston and Detroit are tied with 93 points each.

Bruins play the Sens and Detroit plays the Rangers on Saturday.

Detroit has the tie breaker.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
only thing wasnt happy about was tyjo he does seem a little off did set up palat once really nice kucherov was everywhere and only saw tyjo go full speed one time

like he was holding back lol end to end play but they did bury new jersey in that end a couple times so is that just hoping for johnny repeat go off like last year

palat is being palat and kucherov to me is playing flat out as well as ever seen him play

great to add drouin get him some games get him comfortable was one time on d tonight he was looking to what he should do instead of skating to it and just doing it but he actually had a few plays right at our net nice plays

we are going to need scoring in second round so having drouin is awesome and should pay off big time in our attempt to run the gambit again

hopefully we sit hedman saturday and bishop

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Well I think that this was a big step forward for both sides to patch things up. He played very well on both sides of the ice and put up a big goal in a key moment to help the team lock up the home ice in the first round. Injuries gave the Triplets their big moments and now Drouin is getting his opportunity. All he has to do is run with it and he will get his ice time. Which was all he wanted to begin with.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Bruins win 5-2, so Boston and Detroit are tied with 93 points each.

Bruins play the Sens and Detroit plays the Rangers on Saturday.

Detroit has the tie breaker.

Don't know which team I would rather play. Maybe the Bruins. Detroit would be liking the opportunity to get revenge on us with our injuries.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
only thing wasnt happy about was tyjo he does seem a little off did set up palat once really nice kucherov was everywhere and only saw tyjo go full speed one time

like he was holding back lol end to end play but they did bury new jersey in that end a couple times so is that just hoping for johnny repeat go off like last year

palat is being palat and kucherov to me is playing flat out as well as ever seen him play

great to add drouin get him some games get him comfortable was one time on d tonight he was looking to what he should do instead of skating to it and just doing it but he actually had a few plays right at our net nice plays

we are going to need scoring in second round so having drouin is awesome and should pay off big time in our attempt to run the gambit again

hopefully we sit hedman saturday and bishop
Ya I see no point in playing bishop Saturday give vasy that game and yes let he'd monster sit

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

He's always had the ability to be a good goal scorer. Difference is now he's shooting more instead of passing up chances.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Don't know which team I would rather play. Maybe the Bruins. Detroit would be liking the opportunity to get revenge on us with our injuries.

I'd rather play Boston they are slow and can't score 5 on 5. Detroit pushed us last year and that was without Larkin.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I'd rather play Boston they are slow and can't score 5 on 5. Detroit pushed us last year and that was without Larkin.

Yeah, but Detroit is as dirty as they get too. Either way, the 1st round will probably go the max.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
id rather detroit goaltending not up to snuff rask is still rask

bruins have been a power play team right now and top line not getting nothing from second line in this last 10 game stretch that they lost 8 of 10

krejck not his usual self but id be more scared of boston over detroit

boston has a chance to play well detroit just seems like they got to go younger and younger very slow at times like tonight is a back to back but still tonight was brutal

out shot in third period pretty much your season on line at least 2 to 1 not good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad