Paquette/Blunden

Hedman-Sustr
Carle-Coburn
Taormina-Garrison

or if we don't have Hedman

Garrison-Sustr
Carle-Taormina
Nesterov-Coburn

Wow our defense is awful with Hedman and Stralman out...

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Hope we see Drouin. Also hope this team plays their ***** off. Let's do a better job of clinching home ice than we did clinching our playoff spot.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I want to say lets just get to the playoffs with no more injuries but really there are a few guys who if they did get injured would not be seen as a bad thing so some of the kids can get some playoff experiance. Interestingly most of them have last names that start with C. That may include guys who stand behind the players and have surnames that start with C.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So according to Mrs. Sunny, Joe Smith thinks these are the forward lines based on practice

27-90-86
18-9-81
17-51-23
13-11-46

@DFC... looks like you got your wish

JS91

May 14, 2014

Oh well, could be worse. I'd imagine that means Kuch is with TJ and Palat and Marchessault with Brown and Filppula. I still want to see Kuch with Drouin but at least he's not stuck on the 4th.

JS91

May 14, 2014

Man, that is a weird ass unit. Who is the trigger man? Garrison? Does Taormina have some sort of a MAB-esque shot or why is he there. Also Filppula seems to be once again pretty useless on that unit.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Man, that is a weird ass unit. Who is the trigger man? Garrison? Does Taormina have some sort of a MAB-esque shot or why is he there. Also Filppula seems to be once again pretty useless on that unit.

I don't get why Flip and Drouin are there together. Seems more than a little redundant. But Coop doesn't seem to understand player types.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I like Joe Smith's lineup more than the one we'll ice. With it we could have just slot Cally back in on the 3rd line when he gets back with Killorn and Fil and then we could have Brown in on the 4th line instead of Blunden. But this could also be good, guess we'll see. Let's just win.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I don't get why Flip and Drouin are there together. Seems more than a little redundant. But Coop doesn't seem to understand player types.

My first thought is the strategy is to use Drouin on the left and Fil on the right to get Garrison the puck and Killer to screen. Garrison's been the main weapon on the PP lately. Jo's been more of a goal scorer though since his return to Syracuse, so that might change that dynamic.

I like Joe Smith's lineup more than the one we'll ice. With it we could have just slot Cally back in on the 3rd line when he gets back with Killorn and Fil and then we could have Brown in on the 4th line instead of Blunden. But this could also be good, guess we'll see. Let's just win.
I don't think they'll touch the top 6 if Drouin can get something going with Vladdy and Killer. But once Cally's back, that'll be it for Blunden.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Maybe go with this when everyone gets back...

Drouin - Johnson - Kucherov
Palat - Flip/Vladdy - Callahan
Killorn - Vladdy/Flip - Brown
Paquette - Boyle - JAM/Condra

JAM out of course

Meh not too upset. JAM has been ok, not great.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Still no Hedman or Cally tonight:

I hope that we can get everyone back healthy as soon as possible.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Still no Hedman or Cally tonight:

I hope that we can get everyone back healthy as soon as possible.

Not upset that Cally will miss the rest of the regular season, he has had the same recurring injury all season and has gotten worse, rather he be 100 percent than to be a liability out there.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Meh not too upset. JAM has been ok, not great.

Yeah with Drouin back, this was to be expected. I'm sure people would rather have both play to bolster the offense to compensate for the loss of Stammer, but the Bolts want to tighten up their game and it comes down to roles. Coop has been trying to make the 3rd line into a shutdown trio, and I guess have the 4th be grinders. So it makes less sense to play him now if he's not in the top 6 or with other skilled players. A guy like Bluden, as limited as his skillset is, can fill that role and play within his game.

Rest them both till the playoffs please.

Yes! Home ice isn't that important to risk our players health.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad