BRUINS GDT 4/25: Game 7 ECQF: The Bear and Rene are not ready for golf - NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I may have to watch on NBCSN tonight. I haven't swayed from NESN yet (when possible). Shit isn't working though.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I may have to watch on NBCSN tonight. I haven't swayed from NESN yet (when possible). **** isn't working though.

I did this last game. Might make a return to NESN tonight however.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
In 1989 ..boston bruins inserted a player into the playoffs straight from college.
His name : john Byce
Yip...but donato too risky ..ah ha

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
On the polls on the main page there is who do you want to win... Boston or Toronto. Get over there folks and vote for our boys.

I casted my vote . of course if the entire tor fan base votes , bos will have no chance on winning the poll which is ok....just win tonight baby

Reactions: Ladyfan

JuanBruin

Apr 7, 2018
La Plata, Argentina
Game 7 nerves are back in full mode! I believe in this team and I won't rule them out even if we are trailing in the third, that's for sure. I know they were saving some goals for tonight :naughty:. Still mad from the last 2 games, but all that matters is winning tonight. I couldn't care less about what Leafs fans say, I just care about the Bruins. Let's end this series and send them golfing.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Would love for them to put this away in the 1st or 2nd like they did in games 1 or 2. But I'll see you guys in triple overtime!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm glad you aren't one of the ones that apparently just feel lucky to be here.

I thought this was a great regular season and said if we lost to Toronto round 1, so be it, they are also a good team. I also thought they would be 2-2 going into game 5. To not win a series when up 3-1 is an organizational disaster, regardless of where your team is on the curve. Like 2009, I put this squarely on the players if they can't bring it home. There are just so many players not playing well right now. First line has gone silent, the 7 mil goalie didn't show up in a game 5 home game to clinch and was pulled, the second line 7 mil dollar man has 7 shots. The other 7mil dollar man on that line has 1 goal (I know we aren't paying him that). The defense doesn't look great..The third line has been terrible.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I believe that the better defensive team will win tonight. We have experience on our side, and hopefully that will count for something.

Everything that has happened prior to tonight in this series means absolutely nothing. All that matters is the effort put forth tonight.

Stifle their speed.

Own the neutral zone.

Stay out of the box.

Get traffic in front because a goal is a goal no matter how pretty or ugly it is....

Let's Go Bruuuuuuuuuuuuins

:clap::clap:

:clap::clap::clap:

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well it will be interesting if they fall flat on their arse or actually show the fanbase that they are truly a good team.
Lots of players need to step up. Krejci needs to get something going. Maybe the new look third line can get a goal. The fourth line needs to pound the Leafs. And yes... the top line needs to win this game for this team. Tuukka has to stand on his head for once and deny the Leafs the chance to go to the 2nd round.
If not... they are golfing. And if they are golfing this weekend, Sweeney needs to make some major changes.
If he can't move Krejci this year, he should be gone by the expansion draft. He needs to go.
Sorry but the Rick Nash trade has been a disaster.
Time to build for the future. Find a #1 Left Defenseman. A goalie that can take over from Tuukka within the next year. Some more snipers that can score.

Reactions: Gargyn

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I'm glad you aren't one of the ones that apparently just feel lucky to be here.

Last year it can be said we were lucky to be there because we weren't expecting making the playoffs especially not with Claude This year expectations are certainly higher

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
We're definitely going to need a Lucic tonight... Someone to break open the game, someone who can't be shut down. I think it'll be DeBrusk. He's played his heart out this series and this would be a terrific place for him to make a bigger name for himself.

Reactions: lopey and sooshii

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I thought this was a great regular season and said if we lost to Toronto round 1, so be it, they are also a good team. I also thought they would be 2-2 going into game 5. To not win a series when up 3-1 is an organizational disaster, regardless of where your team is on the curve. Like 2009, I put this squarely on the players if they can't bring it home. There are just so many players not playing well right now. First line has gone silent, the 7 mil goalie didn't show up in a game 5 home game to clinch and was pulled, the second line 7 mil dollar man has 7 shots. The other 7mil dollar man on that line has 1 goal (I know we aren't paying him that). The defense doesn't look great..The third line has been terrible.

Just like 2010, if before the playoffs you told me we lose to the Flyers in a game 7 in the second round. I'd be ok with the result after seeing what team we were icing.

But after going up 3-0 in the series, then 3-0 in game 7, those expectations were changed drastically. Injuries or not, you find a way to close out at least 1 of those games.

Same with being up 3-1, with 2 chances to close it out at home.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Ok serious this time. Boston scores 4 in the first and runs away with it. Please.

Oh and Krejci goes to the half wall and dumps pucks behind Anderson like a magician all night. Not score mind you. Just dumps it in and prevents 2 on 1’s the other way

Reactions: TCB and lopey

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Well it will be interesting if they fall flat on their arse or actually show the fanbase that they are truly a good team.
Lots of players need to step up. Krejci needs to get something going. Maybe the new look third line can get a goal. The fourth line needs to pound the Leafs. And yes... the top line needs to win this game for this team. Tuukka has to stand on his head for once and deny the Leafs the chance to go to the 2nd round.
If not... they are golfing. And if they are golfing this weekend, Sweeney needs to make some major changes.
If he can't move Krejci this year, he should be gone by the expansion draft. He needs to go.
Sorry but the Rick Nash trade has been a disaster.
Time to build for the future. Find a #1 Left Defenseman. A goalie that can take over from Tuukka within the next year. Some more snipers that can score.
I agree on Nash but man youre overdoing it on Krejci.
5 pts in 6 games .the craftiest center we have.
Blame the Stagnant bruins if anyone

Reactions: since76

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
one more thing. The new regime obviously felt leadership was not where it needed to be and brought in David Backes. These are the games where players like him, and the leaders HAVE to put their best skate forward and leave it all out there.

It's just been a weird series. Brad Marchand has had games where he is a -3, -2 and -2 (the last two). He had 5 of those game from Oct-Mar... in April he played 5 games and was a minus every game, finishing with a -8. Not sure what's going on.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
We're definitely going to need a Lucic tonight... Someone to break open the game, someone who can't be shut down. I think it'll be DeBrusk. He's played his heart out this series and this would be a terrific place for him to make a bigger name for himself.

Lucic for the most part was phenomenal in games 6 and 7. A true big game player.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

All great missed Cup run opportunities. Let's Go Bruins. Don't let 2018 be added to this sad list.

Just win and eliminate these losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad