BRUINS GDT 4/25: Game 7 ECQF: The Bear and Rene are not ready for golf - NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

All great missed Cup run opportunities. Let's Go Bruins. Don't let 2018 be added to this sad list.

Just win and eliminate these losers.
Yes and another eliminations at home I believe,I don’t know maybe just me but a loss tonight would make this whole season garbage,and question some of their core players leadership,this wouldn’t be the first time this has happened .Lets hope it doesn’t again,I have faith they will pull it of tonight,but man if they don’t,not gonna be a happy camper,and I will stay of here for awhile,because anything I would have to say would all be bleeped out anyway.Come on Bruins beat these Bums!

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I've had 3 people text me to tell me to have fun tonight.

There is literally nothing fun about going to a Game 7. It's ****ing miserable. The whole time.

Fun is a potential when the game is over, but fun? THIS IS NOT FUN.

My gf's family don't watch hockey but they know I do. They always try and chat me up about it but they barely know how many players are on the ice at one time.

Her parents were over the house last night and they told me "Oh game 7 tomorrow night, that'll be fun"

About as fun as spending the holidays over your house...

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
For game 7

What we decide to do tomorrow it’s not set in stone today,” said Cassidy. “But there is a certain level of trust in the players that have gotten you this far, and Danton Heinen is certainly one of those guys. You look at his numbers and maybe that line hasn’t produced a lot 5-on-5…so what can do better?
“He’s still a good defensive player, so he’s always going to give us that. He can play up in the lineup and he’s certainly shown that he can play down with [Sean] Kuraly. Rick Nash can certainly go back with Krejci, so that’s another quick fix.”
Here are the line combos and D-pairings based on Tuesday’s brief practice where it appeared that everybody made it through Game 6 with their health intact ahead of Wednesday’s winner-take-all series finale:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen
Nash-Nash-Backes
Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Miller
Grzelcyk-McQuaid

Rask

Reactions: JP Nolan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
last two play-offs marchand has been a church mouse. He's not playing his game. I'm pretty sure the league/Bruins may have said something to him, but like he has said himself many times, if he doesn't play with an edge he is a JAG. That first line needs to win it for us, along with our goalie.
I just think sometimes him and Pasta try to be to fancy,get it to the net ,bang in a rebound,they all don’t need to be pretty.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
After listening to Felger and Mazz today I felt like jumping off a cliff . Negativity is understandable after blowing a 3-1 lead but they really don’t give the Bruins much chance tomorrow.
I hate listening to them. It's like they want the b's to lose.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Here' s a visualization..imagine wingels nash injured.... Then we'd have to put ryan...
If you ask me quite a few vets have been "exposed" and some "underexposed" . ill take my chances on donato sure would have liked him to be in earlier but tough now he needs to put him in and if he makes a mistake so be it..i can live with it
But i cannot face a possible 7th game loss and put wingels nash or heinen who have done absolutely nothing..
Ok 61 has 1 goal....hurrah!!!
You forgot Gionta would need to be injured as well, before Donato sees the ice.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I like the lines. You leave with the guys that got you there. This is a hockey game. VS the Maple Laughs. We show up, we blow them away and we move on. That's basically how this goes.

Reactions: BackBringCam

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You forgot Gionta would need to be injured as well, before Donato sees the ice.

not true. Donato played over Gionta in game 3

But he lost the puck a few times then Cassidy benched him and one of the lines

Cassidy knows he needs to roll all 4 lines. So he is going to play guys who are good on defense

Heinen unlike Wingels is a better offensive player. Hopefully the benching of game 6 will wake him up for tonight

Reactions: sooshii and Strafer

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I am NOT convinved
I was convinced they would win game 5,this game I have know clue,my gut says it’s not going to be a close game ,I have a feeling one goalie is going to suck tonight,just hope it’s theirs.Althoug this probably means a 1-0 game in double overtime .I’m never right.Have fun I hope.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I've had 3 people text me to tell me to have fun tonight.

There is literally nothing fun about going to a Game 7. It's ****ing miserable. The whole time.

Fun is a potential when the game is over, but fun? THIS IS NOT FUN.
My feelings too,some people love games sevens,I hate them

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
After hearing Cassidy's thought process regarding Donato, I can see why he isn't playing. They see him as a LWer only, and it makes sense. In the offensive zone it doesn't matter, but playing your off-wing makes things that much harder along the wall on breakouts in the defensive zone and neutral zone. Some guys can do it and do it well, but most can't. Donato on the off-wing exposes his weaknesses more.

Anyways the lines are what they are at this point, no point in worrying about it now.

Bruins absolutely need to win this hockey game. I'm literally surrounded by Leaf fans in everyday life.

I know this much.....this will be the biggest game of their careers thus far for more players on the Leafs than it will be for players on the Bruins.

This is literally the biggest game any of Brown/Matthews/Hyman/Marner/Kapanen/Johansson/Nylander/Reilly/Dermott/Zaitsev have played in each of their respective careers, that's half of their team.

I don't know if experience is underrated or overrated, but I have to think the fact that these guys have never played in a game of this magnitude before has to favor the Bruins who simply have more guys who have been on a stage this big, and less guys who haven't.

The 1st goal will be HUGE.

Rask doesn't need to be lights out but he needs to play solid and stop the shots he should be able to stop.

Bruins best players need to be their best players. Period.

The best way to defend the Leafs is keep the puck in their zone as much as possible. A full 60 min effort.

Hopefully the refs stay out of the way and don't go looking for penalties to call, call what is egregious and needs to be called, but no lame weak calls.

The Bruins can and will win this.

Reactions: Clode

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
DeBrusk-Krejci-Heinen
Nash-Nash-Backes

Yup. That's it right there.
That third line needs to be productive. Their ability to cycle the puck gave Toronto fits in game 6. They don’t defend it well at all.

Move the puck, get it to Anderson’s pads and crash the net. Ugly goals win game 7’s. That line has ugly all over it (in a positive way)

Reactions: TaroTsujimoto

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
I hate listening to them. It's like they want the b's to lose.

I think they want all the Boston teams to lose because it gives them more to whine about. They are negative all of the time. There is no in-depth analysis of anything, just bitching and moaning.

I simply stopped listening to them because it was exhausting and annoying.

Reactions: Ladyfan

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
https://www.tsn.ca/

Pasta got testy with a reporter who asked him what adjustments he needs to make to beat Andersen, calling it a stupid question. No ear stuff or smiles anymore...Pasta is feeling the heat.

Reactions: Rumpy

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Mixing lines up in game isn` t something I care too much about, there aren`t many coaches out there who don`t/won`t do the same in situations if some just aren`t playing well (Claude excluded of course). I have little to complain about with Butch, how he`s had this team playing and the results since taking over have been nothing short of amazing.

The ONLY area I believe he showed some inexperience or a bit of panic if you will is be taking Heinen out of the lineup in favor of Wingles.

Wingles brings more playoff experience and in spite of Heinen not creating much offensively, he has done absolutely nothing defensively that left me concerned and I don`t think pushing Wingles into the lineup was necessary.

Also think it sent the wrong message. If the team was down 3-1 sure, you throw all caution to the wind and start trying anything but that wasn`t the case. Wingles had a few chances literally die on his stick where I think Heinen, at the very least, might have popped one.

I mentioned in another thread that if I were him I would have stuck with the same lineup and said to the boys " you guys got me here and I believe in you" or something to that affect. Now what did I read online today you ask.....this

“There is a certain level of trust you have in the players that got you this far,” said Cassidy. “We are going to try and play the 12 best forwards and see how the pieces fit and win a hockey game.”

Bruins notebook: No major line changes seen for B’s in Game 7

Complete hindsight to say if he had of stuck it out with the same lineup there would have been a different result, but personally, I would have stuck with all the same guys

Agreed about Heinen. There were a couple of times for sure where it was noticeable Wingles didn't have the offensive instincts in the attacking zone.

As for the line mixing, I just meant the little in game adjustments. For example bumping Nash off the top line in favour of Krejci for the face-off in the dying minutes in the o-zone leading to a goal.

Hope Cassidy gets that magic touch back again for tonights game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad