BRUINS GDT 4/25: Game 7 ECQF: The Bear and Rene are not ready for golf - NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I honestly can't even fathom losing tonight. After this regular season, we could really be done by April 25th? it doesn't seem possible.

It is possible. The Leafs have had a great year.
If we lose, it all comes down to us not winning that last game agaisnt FLA and drawing Jersey in round 1.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Lucic for the most part was phenomenal in games 6 and 7. A true big game player.

Guy was really on another level in 2013... He had his consistency issues but man, he was just impossible to shut down if he was hot. It's not often hockey players get scared, but you can tell guys got scared if he came towards you near the boards at full speed. He completely changed game 7 against Toronto. He was the only guy to show up against Chicago in game 6, nearly won that game single handedly for us, and I'm sure he would have done the same in game 7. He and Bergeron in the SCF were something to watch.

It was obviously the right move to let him go, but this is our first game 7 with him gone. Hopefully someone can fill his shoes, because those aren't easy shoes to fill. I see a lot of Lucic in DeBrusk, he's not as big or physical, but he's much more consistent and faster, and effort is never a question.

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
I haven't posted in a long time, but I've been to way too many Game 7 loses at home. Nothing worse that walking out of the building. But then I've also been to some Game 7 wins at home and damn there's not much better in life. I was at the comeback in 2013 vs these clowns and would love nothing more than to send them home crying again.

Go B's!!!

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
We're definitely going to need a Lucic tonight... Someone to break open the game, someone who can't be shut down. I think it'll be DeBrusk. He's played his heart out this series and this would be a terrific place for him to make a bigger name for himself.

Wearing my Lucic lucky t-shirt underneath my Bergeron jersey today. Was dressed the same for game 1 and 4.

Thank you all.

Now, only other thing we need is for Bridges31 to take one for the team and not watch...

Reactions: Alicat

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wearing my Lucic lucky t-shirt underneath my Bergeron jersey today. Was dressed the same for game 1 and 4.

Thank you all.

Now, only other thing we need is for Bridges31 to take one for the team and not watch...
I`ll be doing the same, my record is very good when unable to watch....your welcome:)

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
one more thing. The new regime obviously felt leadership was not where it needed to be and brought in David Backes. These are the games where players like him, and the leaders HAVE to put their best skate forward and leave it all out there.

It's just been a weird series. Brad Marchand has had games where he is a -3, -2 and -2 (the last two). He had 5 of those game from Oct-Mar... in April he played 5 games and was a minus every game, finishing with a -8. Not sure what's going on.
I think sometimes he just tries to do to much,and tries to be to fancy.Pasta can be just as guilty.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
I am a huge Cassidy supporter and I hate to say it, but I don't remember this many mistakes by players under Julien in the playoffs. This could be chalked up to the youth on the team, just an observation.

It strikes me how Cassidy's instincts which had been so good all year - the late period line mixing, players inserted in and out, he just seems to be off.

Cassidy and the Bruins have to get back to playing their game. f*** the stretch pass etc, play their game and they will win.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
View attachment 116747
Nope. I’ve had my coffee from my game day mug. Circa 1983.

And I’m like this:

:hyper:
Gonna get a lot done today!

I remember going down two to Montreal in 2011, and cleaning out my pantry like the white tornado. May look for such a project today.
:jump:

1983 was the year I graced you all with my presence. Must be an extra lucky mug.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Im might not even watch tonite.
Recently Ive watched 2008 mtl on tv. That was a blowout loss.
When I had season tickets until 2013 I attended a bunch of game 7s and sold a bunch of game 7s.
We went to game 7 against Carolina, philly and tampa. Philly and Carolina obvious losses. Both for the tampa game we won, I was actually one of 2 people in the bathroom taking a piss. So I actually missed the only goal.
Gam,e 7s we sold were 2013 leafs 2011 habs 2012 wsh 2 wins and a loss.
Then after we sold our seats Ive watched them lose in 7 to mtl in 2014.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
On the polls on the main page there is who do you want to win... Boston or Toronto. Get over there folks and vote for our boys.

I'll link cause I never go there and it took a second to find

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/who-do-you-want-to-win-tomorrow-tor-or-bos.2481805/

All 25k there too.

Reactions: sooshii

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Im might not even watch tonite.
Recently Ive watched 2008 mtl on tv. That was a blowout loss.
When I had season tickets until 2013 I attended a bunch of game 7s and sold a bunch of game 7s.
We went to game 7 against Carolina, philly and tampa. Philly and Carolina obvious losses. Both for the tampa game we won, I was actually one of 2 people in the bathroom taking a piss. So I actually missed the only goal.
Gam,e 7s we sold were 2013 leafs 2011 habs 2012 wsh 2 wins and a loss.
Then after we sold our seats Ive watched them lose in 7 to mtl in 2014.

Yeah, definitely don't watch tonight. You're bad juju for the team.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I think sometimes he just tries to do to much,and tries to be to fancy.Pasta can be just as guilty.

last two play-offs marchand has been a church mouse. He's not playing his game. I'm pretty sure the league/Bruins may have said something to him, but like he has said himself many times, if he doesn't play with an edge he is a JAG. That first line needs to win it for us, along with our goalie.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am a huge Cassidy supporter and I hate to say it, but I don't remember this many mistakes by players under Julien in the playoffs. This could be chalked up to the youth on the team, just an observation.

It strikes me how Cassidy's instincts which had been so good all year - the late period line mixing, players inserted in and out, he just seems to be off.

Cassidy and the Bruins have to get back to playing their game. **** the stretch pass etc, play their game and they will win.

Mixing lines up in game isn` t something I care too much about, there aren`t many coaches out there who don`t/won`t do the same in situations if some just aren`t playing well (Claude excluded of course). I have little to complain about with Butch, how he`s had this team playing and the results since taking over have been nothing short of amazing.

The ONLY area I believe he showed some inexperience or a bit of panic if you will is be taking Heinen out of the lineup in favor of Wingles.

Wingles brings more playoff experience and in spite of Heinen not creating much offensively, he has done absolutely nothing defensively that left me concerned and I don`t think pushing Wingles into the lineup was necessary.

Also think it sent the wrong message. If the team was down 3-1 sure, you throw all caution to the wind and start trying anything but that wasn`t the case. Wingles had a few chances literally die on his stick where I think Heinen, at the very least, might have popped one.

I mentioned in another thread that if I were him I would have stuck with the same lineup and said to the boys " you guys got me here and I believe in you" or something to that affect. Now what did I read online today you ask.....this

“There is a certain level of trust you have in the players that got you this far,” said Cassidy. “We are going to try and play the 12 best forwards and see how the pieces fit and win a hockey game.”

Bruins notebook: No major line changes seen for B’s in Game 7

Complete hindsight to say if he had of stuck it out with the same lineup there would have been a different result, but personally, I would have stuck with all the same guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad