BRUINS GDT 4/25: Game 7 ECQF: The Bear and Rene are not ready for golf - NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Even more than I want Krejci to have a good game

I really want tuukka to channel everything he has and begin erasing the doubts he can't show up in big games starting tomorrow night

As big as our skaters will have to be, Andersen will be bigger, and so Rask has to be the best.
Yes ! Early and often!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Donato had 5 goals in 12 games in Boston. They need secondary scoring and Wingles was a second liner last night.

If they're not committed to grinding the Leafs down and out, and they want to try and run with them instead then this kid should get in the game.

Its not going to happen

There is a kid that will get in the game, his name is Heinen. He may not have quite the offensive chops of Donato, but he also won’t be exposed defensively.

I thought he and DK would not be a good fit because of the similar styles, but the few times Heinen played with Krejci, they appeared to have very good chemistry.

Let’s hope he and DeBrusk can jumpstart Krejci and that second line.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
There is a kid that will get in the game, his name is Heinen. He may not have quite the offensive chops of Donato, but he also won’t be exposed defensively.

I thought he and DK would not be a good fit because of the similar styles, but the few times Heinen played with Krejci, they appeared to have very good chemistry.

How long do you anticipate Cassidy leaving Heinen with Krejci ? If the Bruins are trailing after the 1st period , Cassidy will switch it up .

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

A lot of Bruins have been exposed defensively,not sure how Donato was any worse than a lot of them have been.Would have been nice to have Donato in game 5 with all those power plays,he might have been the difference in that game.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm Dazed and Confused :confused:after last night. If the Bruins only came out Saturday Night Live it would've been an Animal House:m-dance:. Instead, a Star Wars that they will have to fight until the Final Countdown. Cam Neely will be watching as will All The President's Men. I feel like I've been here before, at least since Groundhog Day. If the Bruins don't win tomorrow night we'll be looking out the Rear Window, and hoping our next Cup is Back To The Future 1, 2, and 3...maybe:rolleyes:.:sueme:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Heinen in ok but on thev3rd or 4th line
Not on the second line..id go with donato there
The Krejci line has been spending a lot of time in its own zone ( no fault of Debrusk ) this series , Donato will likely get exposed . Game 7 isn’t the time to put Donato in and expect magic , talk about throwing him to the wolves . Game 5 was the time to put Donato in .

Reactions: Sevendust

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The Krejci line has been spending a lot of time in its own zone ( no fault of Debrusk ) this series , Donato will likely get exposed . Game 7 isn’t the time to put Donato in and expect magic , talk about throwing him to the wolves . Game 5 was the time to put Donato in .

Here' s a visualization..imagine wingels nash injured.... Then we'd have to put ryan...
If you ask me quite a few vets have been "exposed" and some "underexposed" . ill take my chances on donato sure would have liked him to be in earlier but tough now he needs to put him in and if he makes a mistake so be it..i can live with it
But i cannot face a possible 7th game loss and put wingels nash or heinen who have done absolutely nothing..
Ok 61 has 1 goal....hurrah!!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials

wm04.jpg
ks11.jpg

Referees Wes McCauley (4), Kelly Sutherland (11)

Chris Rooney (5)

Linesmen Jonny Murray (95), Scott Cherrey (50)

Matt MacPherson (83)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Here' s a visualization..imagine wingels nash injured.... Then we'd have to put ryan...
If you ask me quite a few vets have been "exposed" and some "underexposed" . ill take my chances on donato sure would have liked him to be in earlier but tough now he needs to put him in and if he makes a mistake so be it..i can live with it
But i cannot face a possible 7th game loss and put wingels nash or heinen who have done absolutely nothing..
It’s pointless to discuss anyway . Hasn’t Cassidy already said Donato isn’t playing tomorrow? . I read that on Twitter.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials

wm04.jpg
ks11.jpg

Referees Wes McCauley (4), Kelly Sutherland (11)

Chris Rooney (5)

Linesmen Jonny Murray (95), Scott Cherrey (50)

Matt MacPherson (83)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

NHL is sending their best officials so.....

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I missed where Donato scored in Game 2.

However, I did see the play where he failed to get out to the point on a faceoff, which led directly to a TOR goal.

He has a bright future, but right now I don’t believe he’s ready and Game 2 did nothing to disprove that idea.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I missed where Donato scored in Game 2.

However, I did see the play where he failed to get out to the point on a faceoff, which led directly to a TOR goal.

He has a bright future, but right now I don’t believe he’s ready and Game 2 did nothing to disprove that idea.
Too bad he can't be like all the other forwards and never make a mistake defensively

Reactions: Marcobruin

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Everyone was convinced the Bruins would win game 5.

Everyone is convinced the Leafs will win game 7.

I posted this in the pregame thread and will do it again.

McGuire CKGM Montreal: Neither team is worried

NHL on NBC's Pierre McGuire looks at who might have the advantage in Game 7 between Toronto and Boston.

Pierre has covered all 6 games and he has access that nobody else does.

He is suggesting that Frederik Andersen is becoming a modern-day version of Ken Dryden as he could be in the Bruins heads.

The interview is a good listen and a reminder that sports radio can be good, unlike the garbage we now deal with in Boston.

Reactions: Alicat

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I posted this in the pregame thread and will do it again.

McGuire CKGM Montreal: Neither team is worried

NHL on NBC's Pierre McGuire looks at who might have the advantage in Game 7 between Toronto and Boston.

Pierre has covered all 6 games and he has access that nobody else does.

He is suggesting that Frederik Andersen is becoming a modern-day version of Ken Dryden as he could be in the Bruins heads.

The interview is a good listen and a reminder that sports radio can be good, unlike the garbage we now deal with in Boston.
After listening to Felger and Mazz today I felt like jumping off a cliff . Negativity is understandable after blowing a 3-1 lead but they really don’t give the Bruins much chance tomorrow.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
After listening to Felger and Mazz today I felt like jumping off a cliff . Negativity is understandable after blowing a 3-1 lead but they really don’t give the Bruins much chance tomorrow.

I really enjoy McGuire on his daily show on CKGM Montreal (TSN 690)

I can not put into words how badly Toronto fans want a win tonight as it would be payback for 2013.

I just have a gut feeling the game will go into overtime :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad