BRUINS GDT 4/25: Game 7 ECQF: The Bear and Rene are not ready for golf - NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I really enjoy McGuire on his daily show on CKGM Montreal (TSN 690)

I can not put into words how badly Toronto fans want a win tonight as it would be payback for 2013.

I just have a gut feeling the game will go into overtime :help:
I am not feeling an overtime game at all. In fact I am becoming more and more confident that the Bruins are going to win convincingly. Except for the first period in game 5 they have completely dominated the Leafs on home ice . The bounces are finally going to go our way tomorrow.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I posted this in the pregame thread and will do it again.

McGuire CKGM Montreal: Neither team is worried

NHL on NBC's Pierre McGuire looks at who might have the advantage in Game 7 between Toronto and Boston.

Pierre has covered all 6 games and he has access that nobody else does.

He is suggesting that Frederik Andersen is becoming a modern-day version of Ken Dryden as he could be in the Bruins heads.

The interview is a good listen and a reminder that sports radio can be good, unlike the garbage we now deal with in Boston.

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I'm not of the opinion Andersen is in the Bruins' heads. Remember the unbelievably gaudy stat lines for Pastrnak/Bergeron/Marchand after the first two games? Everyone knew that wasn't sustainable, but I think goals and assists came so easily those first two games.

It wasn't a big deal, but Pasta's little celebration where he held his hand up to his ear to hear the crowd - posters here that were at the game said the vets approached him and told him to tone it down. But to me, that sort of thing shows arrogance, not confidence.

Goals and assists were easy the first two games. And I don't know that Andersen made any major adjustments as much as I see the B's trying to be too cute with dekes and dangles, making one too many passes, taking too long to shoot, etc. Sure Andersen's positioning has been good, but they are shooting pucks right in his chest, as well as flat out missing the net.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am so excited for this game. I have confidence that the Bruins will win! I am even being chirped by the transport truck driver who delivers equipment at work - I have a big Bruins flag on my office wall for the playoffs and he can see it through the window when he drives by. He now honks his horn as he drives by as his Go Leafs message to me....lol Let's do this tonight in a big way!!

GO BRUINS!!!

Reactions: Ladyfan

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
There is a kid that will get in the game, his name is Heinen. He may not have quite the offensive chops of Donato, but he also won’t be exposed defensively.

I thought he and DK would not be a good fit because of the similar styles, but the few times Heinen played with Krejci, they appeared to have very good chemistry.

Let’s hope he and DeBrusk can jumpstart Krejci and that second line.
It’s not either/or with those two. The team made it here on the backs of their kids, they should run with them now.

It gives them the best shot today and will pay off in spades down the line as these kids get the experience.

Drop Nash or Backes to the 4th line and bring donato/Heinen I’m on the third. Cassidy will have more talent to shift around if he needs to make adjustments

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It’s not either/or with those two. The team made it here on the backs of their kids, they should run with them now.

It gives them the best shot today and will pay off in spades down the line as these kids get the experience.

Drop Nash or Backes to the 4th line and bring donato/Heinen I’m on the third. Cassidy will have more talent to shift around if he needs to make adjustments

And who sits? When everyone is healthy, it IS either/or.

The B’s have 5 players 24 or under in the lineup:

Pasta, DeBrusk, Heinen, McAvoy, and Grizz (would be 6 if Carlo wasn’t hurt). So let’s not pretend that there is no youth in the lineup. I hate to keep having to say this because it makes it seem like I am down on Donato (which I am not), but he’s not ready for playoff hockey.

He just doesn’t have the compete or the defensive acumen yet, and you don’t want a guy that you have to shelter in the lineup for Game 7. How does that give Cassidy more talent to make adjustments? It actually does the opposite by limiting where he can put Donato. Which in turn, does not give the B’s “the best shot today”.

Reactions: Kate08

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I missed where Donato scored in Game 2.

However, I did see the play where he failed to get out to the point on a faceoff, which led directly to a TOR goal.

He has a bright future, but right now I don’t believe he’s ready and Game 2 did nothing to disprove that idea.

The entire series guys like wingels nash did nothing to merit why they should play over Donato.At least if ryan makes a mistake ill accept it. Watching these vets makes me nauseas and if donato is goin be scrutinized .lets scrutinize others too. Krejci has made turn overs that have costed goals..would you sit him on game 7? Same for berg?
We have too many stagnant players ...deadwood

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
After listening to Felger and Mazz today I felt like jumping off a cliff . Negativity is understandable after blowing a 3-1 lead but they really don’t give the Bruins much chance tomorrow.

Its more a matter maybe that it should not have gotten to this point. The inability to close it after 2 attempts.
Lets see how the bruins do with their backs on the wall.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
And who sits? When everyone is healthy, it IS either/or.

The B’s have 5 players 24 or under in the lineup:

Pasta, DeBrusk, Heinen, McAvoy, and Grizz (would be 6 if Carlo wasn’t hurt). So let’s not pretend that there is no youth in the lineup. I hate to keep having to say this because it makes it seem like I am down on Donato (which I am not), but he’s not ready for playoff hockey.

He just doesn’t have the compete or the defensive acumen yet, and you don’t want a guy that you have to shelter in the lineup for Game 7. How does that give Cassidy more talent to make adjustments? It actually does the opposite by limiting where he can put Donato. Which in turn, does not give the B’s “the best shot today”.
Replace anyone on the 4th line with Backes or Nash and drop Donato into the 3rd.

Just saying - they should play the future of the team, it’s what got them where they are and it’s where they’re going. Be who they are.

Reactions: Marcobruin

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
There is a lot of doubt on that Leafs team - Gardiner admitted that game 7 haunted him - if he is stupid enough to think they beat that demon the other night, good luck with that... not a game 7 so not the same thing. Marleau, one of their veterans, will be haunted by the game 7 when he couldn't help stop the come back LA made when the Sharks were up 3 games and lost the next 4 games. The Bruins veterans beat their demons in 2011 and also gained a lot of experience with the 3 series that went to game 7.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Fear is the reason he wont put Donato in. What if he gets tossed around? What if he makes a mistake? Yet guys like wingels who is useless offensively are safer for him . put donato in .you dont want him on the second line.fine put him on the 3rd and use him on the pp which sux lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad