GDT: 4/16/18 - 7:30PM EDT - #1AT Tampa Bay @ #2WC New Jersey [ECQF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Umm, shouldn't those Devils fan's posts be in the main Series Talk thread, and not in the Lightning team forum thread??

I thought this space is for US to bitch about how crappy our team played. o_O

We took too many stupid penalties and played crappy in the third. McDonagh, Strålman & Hedman were all -2 tonight. McDonagh looked the best, with Strålman looking okay, but Hedman was horrid.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Ok, it's enough for me...
In this thread I've seen:
1) A Jersey fan who blames the refs.
2) People that does not analize in the right way the things and
3) People that, if you said that tonight the refs were awful, call you "a loser" or "a joke".
It's 05:36 and, for me it's enough.
See you Wednesday.

Ah, last thing:

LET'S GO :bolts

Reactions: Bolt 45

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
At least we have one more meme now. To "not enough 10 goal scorers" and "Tampa has the worst PK" (btw it is 80%, while NJD is only 25%) NJD fans added "not enough accounts on HFboard" :popcorn:

Reactions: Stammertime91

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
We took two really stupid penalties in a row for a 5 on 3 and that was all she wrote.
That Paquette call was bad. I saw two guys battling hard to get to a loose puck. You simply can't make that a play that players have to think about in the playoffs.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I kind of feel like it might not be the worst idea to sit Serg for a game. He needs to cool down, and it wouldn't hurt to take some wind out of Boyle's sails.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
That Paquette call was bad. I saw two guys battling hard to get to a loose puck. You simply can't make that a play that players have to think about in the playoffs.
respectively disagree, paquette took him out. and then fell backwards to sell it as a coincidence. it was unnecessary, and i am one who likes things rough in the playoffs.

you can go out, be an energy guy who gets under the opposition's skin, and do it all within the rules of the game. that was just lazy.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I kind of feel like it might not be the worst idea to sit Serg for a game. He needs to cool down, and it wouldn't hurt to take some wind out of Boyle's sails.
It's always a matter of directing the anger to the right direction. Love you Serg.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The Paquette call was definitely a penalty. The too many men was just untimely. You could feel it coming. The third period implosion was there after that. Lack of finish on wide open nets and chances early on made it a close game. Up until their first goal, it was edged to Tampa.

The thing is, you cannot lose this game if you're New Jersey. You cant. First home game and possibly going into Wednesday down 3-0 is unacceptable. I expected their effort to be overwhelming...but it was actually underwhelming. It wasn't really going well for them for an extended period of time until the 3rd period 5 on 3. That cost us the game and they weren't bad calls, it was just terrible timing.

Officiating was absolutely brutal for both sides. They missed a trip that could've given them another 5 on 3, the no call on McDonagh in the 1st I believe, the mugging of Gourde at center. Then Hedman being a moron. The refs constantly get worse every game, for both sides.

We can't kill powerplays for 14 minutes next game. Whoever is instilling the Hurricanes discipline behind the bench/scenes is somebody Cooper needs to call tomorrow morning. We take way too penaltiea, regardless of how effective our kill is. If that's Pittsburgh, it would've been a blow out. You're dealing with hall being the only legit gamebreaker, imagine Malkin, Kessel and Crosby - not to mention their secondary options.

Vasy played very well, I have no doubts about him. I kind of felt they were going to beat us given the fact they know they couldn't go down 3 to 0, so I expect a pushback on Wednesday from us. The depth and skill just can't be matched over a potential 7 games. That is all.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Coleman stayed on the bench and within a minute or two took regular shifts. I'd be shocked if he's disciplined.

I said so too, then I found this angle, now I'm not sure. Sergachev has no reason to bend himself into Coleman unelss this is intentional (which is what NBC was alluding to).

The Hedman thing is less debatable though, guys have previously been suspended for doing that, and the tape on that one is pretty clearly intentional. I imagine that will be reviewed by the league.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I didn’t know who Dean Clarke was before, but now I know he’s apparently someone mentally handicapped if he thinks that’s an intentional knee. GTFO with that idiocy.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
The Paquette call was definitely a penalty. The too many men was just untimely. You could feel it coming. The third period implosion was there after that. Lack of finish on wide open nets and chances early on made it a close game. Up until their first goal, it was edged to Tampa.

The thing is, you cannot lose this game if you're New Jersey. You cant. First home game and possibly going into Wednesday down 3-0 is unacceptable. I expected their effort to be overwhelming...but it was actually underwhelming. It wasn't really going well for them for an extended period of time until the 3rd period 5 on 3. That cost us the game and they weren't bad calls, it was just terrible timing.

Officiating was absolutely brutal for both sides. They missed a trip that could've given them another 5 on 3, the no call on McDonagh in the 1st I believe, the mugging of Gourde at center. Then Hedman being a moron. The refs constantly get worse every game, for both sides.

We can't kill powerplays for 14 minutes next game. Whoever is instilling the Hurricanes discipline behind the bench/scenes is somebody Cooper needs to call tomorrow morning. We take way too penaltiea, regardless of how effective our kill is. If that's Pittsburgh, it would've been a blow out. You're dealing with hall being the only legit gamebreaker, imagine Malkin, Kessel and Crosby - not to mention their secondary options.

Vasy played very well, I have no doubts about him. I kind of felt they were going to beat us given the fact they know they couldn't go down 3 to 0, so I expect a pushback on Wednesday from us. The depth and skill just can't be matched over a potential 7 games. That is all.
agreed. our worst players were hedman and stamkos (for the most of the game). you don't have to have your best players win the game, but they have to be present. stamkos and hedman make room for the johnsons and gourdes. if they aren't playing well, then the weight of the game is likely too great for the supporting cast.

i am not worried, as i doubt this is anything but an anomaly, but it would have been sooooooooo nice to be up 3-0

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
respectively disagree, paquette took him out. and then fell backwards to sell it as a coincidence. it was unnecessary, and i am one who likes things rough in the playoffs.

you can go out, be an energy guy who gets under the opposition's skin, and do it all within the rules of the game. that was just lazy.
Paquette getting rubbed out along the boards is what I saw. Looked pretty incidental to me. But, like I said, I have zero interest in watching it again.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I said so too, then I found this angle, now I'm not sure. Sergachev has no reason to bend himself into Coleman unelss this is intentional (which is what NBC was alluding to).

The Hedman thing is less debatable though, guys have previously been suspended for doing that, and the tape on that one is pretty clearly intentional. I imagine that will be reviewed by the league.

nobody's getting suspended bruh. let it go, its becoming awkward with you constantly posting youtubes like some sort of zapruder conspiracy theorist.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida

One time I stubbed my toe pretty hard. Originally, I blamed myself - until I saw it in slow motion. f***ing tables.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I can't remember players other than Marchand to have been suspended for that. They haven't taken spearing seriously and only fines have been given out. They won't change the line during the playoffs so a fine is all Hedman is getting. I do wish players would start getting suspensions for spearing though.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
agreed. our worst players were hedman and stamkos (for the most of the game). you don't have to have your best players win the game, but they have to be present. stamkos and hedman make room for the johnsons and gourdes. if they aren't playing well, then the weight of the game is likely too great for the supporting cast.

i am not worried, as i doubt this is anything but an anomaly, but it would have been sooooooooo nice to be up 3-0

Yeah pretty much. We just missed too many chances. I thought for once we would win with Stamkos scoring. I was happy he got one but that was short lived. I thought of the Montreal series in 2016 of how they went up 3-0. Iirc Johnson won the game with a second to go. It takes a really special game from your team, whether it's a couple individual showcases or a goalie battle to take that 3-0. Look at Nashville and Colorado. Is Colorado going to overcome the skill gap? Highly unlikely. Toronto got it done. It took Vegas 2OT to pull it off. It's a psychological thing to overcome and blitz a team 3-0. I'm more surprised this was their best effort. Regardless of officiating, killing 7 penalties or attempting to, almost an entire periods worth, is going to set you back. They still only bested us in the 3rd. That's it. No worries there whatsoever. They are definitely in it bit whether it's in 5, 6 or 7, I think we've got it. Going up 3 to 0 would've been amazing, but that is so damn tough.

Paquette getting rubbed out along the boards is what I saw. Looked pretty incidental to me. But, like I said, I have zero interest in watching it again.

I understand how you feel. He definitely did but he also kicked out and pulled back. I understand as it was a terrible penalty to take but it was definitely Paquettes fault.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
At most Hedman may get a fine for the spear. It's not often a player gets suspended for a spear in the regular season much less the play-offs.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Yeah pretty much. We just missed too many chances. I thought for once we would win with Stamkos scoring. I was happy he got one but that was short lived. I thought of the Montreal series in 2016 of how they went up 3-0. Iirc Johnson won the game with a second to go. It takes a really special game from your team, whether it's a couple individual showcases or a goalie battle to take that 3-0. Look at Nashville and Colorado. Is Colorado going to overcome the skill gap? Highly unlikely. Toronto got it done. It took Vegas 2OT to pull it off. It's a psychological thing to overcome and blitz a team 3-0. I'm more surprised this was their best effort. Regardless of officiating, killing 7 penalties or attempting to, almost an entire periods worth, is going to set you back. They still only bested us in the 3rd. That's it. No worries there whatsoever. They are definitely in it bit whether it's in 5, 6 or 7, I think we've got it. Going up 3 to 0 would've been amazing, but that is so damn tough.

I understand how you feel. He definitely did but he also kicked out and pulled back. I understand as it was a terrible penalty to take but it was definitely Paquettes fault.
It's Paquette, though. He's not exactly the most graceful guy on his skates. But I hear what you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad