GDT: 4/16/18 - 7:30PM EDT - #1AT Tampa Bay @ #2WC New Jersey [ECQF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It's not even the quantity I have an issue with. It's the quality. At least 3 of those (off the top of my head) were pretty horrible calls.
But the goal happened due to pretty clear ones.

It definitely stopped our momentum, but at the same time we had every opportunity to take that game. 5 on 3 should have never happened and the GWG was awful coverage.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Clown show officiating. So frustrating to see a tie game and the Devils getting away with a penalty a shift just for the refs to call the first ticky-tack bullshit call against us. I hate officiating to the score but at least I can sort of understand it. If a team is up by 5 goals you won't keep feeding them PPs unless it's egregious. But in a tied playoff game and you just refuse to call penalties on one team...it really is unfair.

Disregarding the PP we got with 20 seconds left in game 3, NJ has a 12 to 8 PP advantage in the series. We are 5/8 on the PP and NJ is 2/12. The one sided officiating is going to extend this series.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Also, we need to stop giving Hall so much respect. Stop backing up so much on him. You need to play him close because his shot and his pass are lethal. Don't give him time and space to make a play. Loved when McDonagh finally took a run at him and blew him up at center ice. That's what you need to do him.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Also, we need to stop giving Hall so much respect. Stop backing up so much on him. You need to play him close because his shot and his pass are lethal. Don't give him time and space to make a play. Loved when McDonagh finally took a run at him and blew him up at center ice. That's what you need to do him.

I think it shows how unprepared they are on the player, Hall is pure speed his hands aren't that great, not sure why guys (Stralman epescially) keep backing up on him which is exactly what he wants. If you play him close, he's going to lose the puck. I've seen a lot of Hall in the west he must be laughing about how EC teams are playing him this season, if you ragdoll him a couple times he'll stop trying to go through you.

On the 3rd goal, whoever let up on him along the boards (Miller?) blew that play.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Eh I think as long as we stay out of the box we will handle them quickly. The penalties totally disrupted any kind of momentum we could gain. I dont expect to see that kind of game happen too much. Not in the playoffs.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
To be honest, I'm kinda glad the game ended the way it did. Now there is no mistake that the team is fully engaged in this series. IMO it would have been worse if nothing happened and both teams just skated off. Tampa would have just stewed in the loss vs getting fired up for the next game. I still think my prediction of 5 games for the bolts to win still stands. I think we'll see a text book road game in game 4, something akin to game 7 against the rangers a few years ago.
I mean, we're fired up now, which is good. But Jersey dragged us into the kind of game we don't want to play, and we fell for it. I still think we get it done by game 6, but last night was the kind of ugly game that can give the underdog a big boost of confidence.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
giphy.gif

Not to take anything away from him but
I think it shows how unprepared they are on the player, Hall is pure speed his hands aren't that great, not sure why guys (Stralman epescially) keep backing up on him which is exactly what he wants. If you play him close, he's going to lose the puck.I've seen a lot of Hall in the west he must be laughing about how EC teams are playing him this season, if you ragdoll him a couple times he'll stop trying to go through you.
On the 3rd goal, whoever let up on him along the boards (Miller?) blew that play.
it was Millsy

This.

Last edited:

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I do think our D are still a little concerned about getting burned by Hall, hence the space. Blitzing him in the neutral zone like McD did will certainly cause him to think twice about his freewheeling zone entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad