Post-Game Talk: #4 - 10/17/19 | RANGERS @ devils

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Quinn has done an awful job this season so far. You get an elite talent in Kakko and don't put him on the first line or PP unit. Disgrace. He also needs to stop screwing Andersson over who has easily been one of the best forwards since camp. He setup the first goal yesterday with his board and net work. Yet, he continues to put him with no talent players. I'm surprised at Quinn's incompetence early on here. His love affair with Buchnevich and Smith needs to end. He also needs to stop rewarding Howden who night in night out is outplayed badly by Andersson.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Anyone who thought we had a chance to win that game just started following the team this year. Classic Rangers. Face a metro rival that can't do anything right, come away with the L.

Reactions: MartyOwns

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
I hope it’s because of the bizarre and flat out unfair schedule the Rangers were given at the start of this season, but this team looks just slow out there. I can see why Quinn is all over them to pick up the pace.

Secondly, the mindless backhand passes to no one is just plain lazy hockey and is reaching almost epic levels already.

It’s time to look for some trade partners for Kreider. He’s lost out there right now and seems to be pulling his usual Houdini like act. He’s not a good role model for Kappo and an even worse line mate.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The Rangers are losing puck battles all over the ice and can’t stop a nose bleed defensively. How exactly would Chytil and Kravtsov help that?

I have my doubts about Quinn, but I always thought he’d get the team to battle and compete. For whatever reason, it’s not happening.

And finally, a big LOL to anyone who tried to frame Kreider as some sort of leader on this team. He’s been utterly disinterested out there.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Buchnevich seems to have reverted to his old “comfy bookworm” persona.
Frankly I don’t mind losing but I need the team to show some fight.
I guess they need to gel a bit. Oh well. Not gonna worry too much about it. This isn’t the year. But would like to see more... something... to hang my hat on.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
To my eyes, Andersson and Kreider both look like completely different players this year. One of those things is good news.

This was a sloppy game, though exciting at times, between two pretty bad teams. A timely reminder that we still have a ways to go and need to remain patient

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I get that Quinn has to deal with what is given to him, but why would he do that. I just don't get it.

The excuses everywhere online won't end though.

- "It has only been 5 games" (LOL)
- "At least he's trying something new" (Reaching)
- "He's still better than AV" (Honestly not even sure about this haha)

It's evident that this team is not a play-off team and some fans are coming down to earth now, no longer expecting a cinderella run. I am not going to say Quinn is a bad coach, but his decisions the last 4 weeks have been debatable at best. For what it's worth, I also believe AV wasn't a bad coach. Just the wrong fit for this team after the 2015 run ended.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Isn't it usually the case when a guy is in his contract year, he has a great season? Guess CK didn't get the message.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not putting the nail in the season yet but another high pick seems like a lock.

No idea what Quinn’s angle is though. I though he did a pretty good job last year, he’s been AV esque so far. Only 4 games but I haven’t liked a lot of what I’ve seen

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Have you seen our PP2?

Is this a trick question? No I haven't since PP1 has played all of the powerplays almost completely.

The PP2 actually looks pretty good when they get more than 15 seconds to show their stuff. Fox and DeAngelo create havoc for the PK unit by quick passes and shifting positions, unfortunately the scoring chances they create have to be finished by Brett Howden or Ryan Strome so no goals are scored.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Not putting the nail in the season yet but another high pick seems like a lock.

No idea what Quinn’s angle is though. I though he did a pretty good job last year, he’s been AV esque so far. Only 4 games but I haven’t liked a lot of what I’ve seen

I absolutely agree and I think that is what is so baffling. I think he did a lot with what he was given last year. Now that he has less depth but more talent it is like he is forgetting how to coach.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Our bottom six is just a revolving door of about eight players who range from "barely belongs in the NHL" to "does not belong in the NHL" sans Fast.

And as much as I love Fast, when he stands out with flying colors compared to his cohorts, you might have a bad hockey team.

But we DO have a bad team. By design!

Are...are there people here thinking this would NOT be a bad team?

Reading the majority of this thread it's like, what are most of you talking about?

We're a bad team stuck in neutral after a horrific scheduling quirk. Of course we looked flat and out of sync.

Also. Who cares? Bad team was bad. Why is this such an issue for some of you?

Take it easy. Look at the posts after the first two games in those PGTs. If we have such systemic issues then where were these gloom and doom posts then?

You're overreacting to a loss. Don't do that. It's silly. Expect a lot of losses. Expect the lineup to be incomplete. This is by design. 2 good games 2 bad games. This is what this team was supposed to be. If we don't see improvement next year then we have a problem.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Any of that creation lead to goals that won us the game tonight? No?

sorry, but they don’t hand out participation medals in this league. He either performs like a guy being paid that money on a nightly basis or he doesn’t. There are absolutely zero excuses when you are being paid as one of the highest paid forwards in the league. I was at the game tonight, he was essentially neutralized by a bad devils team. Sorry, but that’s not good.
He can’t do it alone... and if u shut him down not one else can create. For all the talk about Zbad he didn’t do shut either. I guess I just don’t know what u expect from a 2/3 of one line team. Because that’s all we had tonight... Panarin and Zbad trying time dance around 5 guys & a goalie.

the reality of this team is that it very much under construction... unlike last year where Hayes and Zucc who were goners, played in the top 6... we now have Panarin and Kakko... neither play center and one is 18.

the left side defense still blows chunks.

This season may be worse than last because of the loss of Hayes and Zucc but clearly THIS season isn’t what the finished product will look like and sometimes u have to get worse to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad