3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
He can’t do it alone... and if u shut him down not one else can create. For all the talk about Zbad he didn’t do shut either. I guess I just don’t know what u expect from a 2/3 of one line team. Because that’s all we had tonight... Panarin and Zbad trying time dance around 5 guys & a goalie.

the reality of this team is that it very much under construction... unlike last year where Hayes and Zucc who were goners, played in the top 6... we now have Panarin and Kakko... neither play center and one is 18.

the left side defense still blows chunks.

This season may be worse than last because of the loss of Hayes and Zucc but clearly THIS season isn’t what the finished product will look like and sometimes u have to get worse to get better.

If he can't do it alone he shouldn't be getting paid that much money, plain and simple. That's why you make a guy one of the highest paid forwards in the league, to be able to do it alone.

Reactions: MartyOwns

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Sucks to lose to the Devils but a good performance (and win) tomorrow would make it all go away. And at the very least we have a bunch of games coming up and no more long breaks.

The simple fact is that losing these games is ultimately better for us anyway. I’m not officially tanking, but another top 3 pick would be awesome. Adding LaFrieniere or Byfield to this top 6 would be icing on the cake. And allow us to trade Buchnevich.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kakko playing with Howden and Strome...

45CB360E-9566-46CA-9EA5-5BE0B085E75C.jpeg

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Quinn has done an awful job this season so far. You get an elite talent in Kakko and don't put him on the first line or PP unit. Disgrace.
Elite talent, but still only 18 years old. What is the disgrace? 18 year olds need not be handed anything. They need to earn. Kakko has been playing a pretty small game for a guy his size. But he has plenty of time to learn. Playing against men in Finland is not the same thing as playing in the NHL.
I'm surprised at Quinn's incompetence early on here. His love affair with Buchnevich and Smith needs to end. He also needs to stop rewarding Howden who night in night out is outplayed badly by Andersson.
If there is something that Quinn has shown, it's that players WILL get their chance when he deems they are doing what needs to be done. Smith is a 4th line forward and a 7th defenseman who plays D due to the fact that the coaching staff does not trust half of the defense to play on the PK.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Fun charts!

"NYR sure is playing hockey!"

LMAO

Can't wait until Kreider is traded, what an absolutely forgettable career he has had here.

Quinn needs to pull his head out of his ass and make a real line up and stop pretending this is still training camp.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The Devils may have won the battle last night but will ultimately lose the war when Hall walks at the end of this season because Jersey finishes bottom 5 in the East.

@MartyOwns

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
The takes in here are pure hot garbage.
Seriously, are these people new to hockey or are they even Ranger fans? or just trolls? What a bunch of little weenies. Please all of you who are quitting on the team, just leave the fanbase now, it's not going to get any better, right? Why would you put yourself through this torture?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Seriously, are these people new to hockey or are they even Ranger fans? or just trolls? What a bunch of little weenies. Please all of you who are quitting on the team, just leave the fanbase now, it's not going to get any better, right? Why would you put yourself through this torture?

Hey I know you've only been a member of the board for 2 years now, but usually after the first full season you get acclimated to the professional level of posting that goes on here. Don't make us demote you back to the minors.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Can't wait until Kreider is traded, what an absolutely forgettable career he has had here.
He has been one of the best first round Ranger picks in 25 years and a legit top line player. What is forgettable?
Quinn needs to pull his head out of his ass and make a real line up and stop pretending this is still training camp.
What exactly is your proposal? Please articulate.
The Devils may have won the battle last night but will ultimately lose the war when Hall walks at the end of this season because Jersey finishes bottom 5 in the East.
Well, you sure told them!

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Believing that this team is a lottery team is not the same thing as not being a fan of the team.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
While I won't write off Quinn because I don't pretend to know enough about coaching at this level to have an informed opinion, not putting Kakko on the 1st line and 1st PP to shake things up shows terrible strategic thinking, asset management, and instincts so I'm not optimistic.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
He has been one of the best first round Ranger picks in 25 years and a legit top line player. What is forgettable?

The word career following forgettable would indicate that his entire career as a Ranger was.

What exactly is your proposal? Please articulate.

Not engaging in a 3 page back and forth with one of the most notoriously obtuse posters in the history of this board.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Can we pass on making definitive inferences based on the sample size of four (4) games played with an incredibly weird schedule?

Yeah the level of "give up" on this board has reached comical levels. It's one game and the level of " well this team is horrible" is really a joke.

Some rational thoughts to add-

1. This defense is really bad. Trouba can't play all 60 minutes( they seem to be trying to test out what they have in these other guys right now and still playing him 30 plus minutes) With what the Rangers have back there, I'm not sure why anyone expects much better.
2. The level of "compete" was there for the first few games and has been missing the last 2 games. So categorical statements about Quinn's ability to motivate teams remain impossible to make.
3. This team looks like they have spent too much time away from the game. Practice hockey is not in game hockey and that's why I think the compete has not been there the last 2 games.
4. The lack of depth will only become worse once injuries start to settle in.
5. Buch is not a top line player. He's being rewarded because of his consistent effort in practice- this was said at the Rangers round table that I went to- but his skills are not there. That being said, I'd try Kappo up on that first line but I don't think much will change with Buch.
6. It's not time to give up on guys who have been on this team for less than 2 years but it is time to give up on guys who've been on this team for more than 3 years who have shown almost no growth( specifically talking about Kreider here.) When I say give up I don't mean trade them all away. I mean that we can't really expect them to make any more huge leaps. So just elevating these guys to higher positions in the lineup is not working and the lack of depth-- whose really competing for Kreider's ice time right now???-- is causing some of these guys to regress/stay stagnant.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019

Obviously four games into the season its now all about Byfield. And next year it will be about the next Byfield.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
While I won't write off Quinn because I don't pretend to know enough about coaching at this level to have an informed opinion, not putting Kakko on the 1st line and 1st PP to shake things up shows terrible strategic thinking, asset management, and instincts so I'm not optimistic.

He's 18. It's his first year of pro hockey in NA. He's 18. They've played four games. He's 18.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Just woke up to go work and reading main boards and this here have pretty different opinions about Hughes. Mainboards says he played really well and was among best forwards in his team and people here say he wasn't that great.

Kakko played solid game, still no PP1 time and PP1 was absolut **** yet again? Why not try Kakko there to woke up Pavel and other guys?

If Kakko was there, why would Pavel be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad