Post-Game Talk: #4 - 10/17/19 | RANGERS @ devils

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Im impressed that the team has so many better players in the roster, on paper, than last season. And still this.

Reactions: MartyOwns

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Any of that creation lead to goals that won us the game tonight? No?

sorry, but they don’t hand out participation medals in this league. He either performs like a guy being paid that money on a nightly basis or he doesn’t. There are absolutely zero excuses when you are being paid as one of the highest paid forwards in the league. I was at the game tonight, he was essentially neutralized by a bad devils team. Sorry, but that’s not good.

If you watched that game and thought Panarin was one of the top 20 problems, it's hard to tell if you'e joking. The alternative is sort of embarrassing.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Believing that this team is a lottery team is not the same thing as not being a fan of the team.

Hard to judge with the wackiest, absolute dumbest scheduling I've ever seen in professional sports.

Though I sadly do tend to agree, but this team is so entirely unpredictable right now that if they squeak into the PO's I would not be entirely surprised.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Tell you what watching the game Georgie had a brutal brutal night. More so why we lost than anything else.

realize we need more offense and that’ll come with playing actual games but that’s georgies worst game in a long time. Yuck.

Not one goal did I like.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Too many fans believe it's always the fault of the coach when it's almost without exception about personnel.

Too many fans believe it's never the fault of the coach, even when the coach is mismanaging personnel and deploying a system where players are literally running into each other.

The coach, like the goalie, is a lightning rod for blame. Just because a lot of it is unwarranted does not mean they are blameless.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I really want to see
Kreider-Zibs-Buch
Panarin-Lias-Kakko
Lemieux-Howden-Fast
McKegg-Strome-Haley (I don't really want to see this line but....)

Buch was pretty terrible and I saw way too many "controller disconnected" moments in the game with Rangers just giving up on plays. Kakko never seems to have the puck and when he does, you can actually see him do stuff but his line mates aren't putting themselves in positions to do anything with his magic. Lazy skating. He put a puck into an open spot and Kreider was like "it's too far, no skating" when it was a 50/50 footrace with the defender and we are talking about Kreider in a foot race. More like foot face. ugh

Yeah, there were several instances of Kakko not getting the puck at all or when he did, all he could do was hold on to it because the line mates were not there at all or not playable to.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
newsflash

we lost last night because we were outplayed. they executed better than we did. thats it.

georgie gave up a softy and after that the emotion and crowd and momentum swung. before that, we had the better of the play. they beat us at home because they played better. imagine that.

we played 1 game in 11 days. wtf ?? really. and we came out and couldn't sustain anything. again, imagine that. we were confused and ragged. the effort even seemed occasional. scary.

our best players didn't play well enough. when ADA and quickie are your goal scorers that's a problem. CHRIS KREIDER ? dude, what the hell was that all night again ?

ytd slash line for #2o 4 games 7 shots total. 2 assists. dats all folks. brutal.

the PP was a tire fire the entire night. sucked the life right out of the team.

pavel buchnevich. i thought he was supposed to be good ? 4 games 4 SHOTS TOTAL. and he's riding shotgun with 93 and 10. yeesh. 1 shot per game. thats a top line forward ?

quinn making some odd decisions like no lemme. howden as the 2C. really ? smith on line 3 and getting PP time and a curious failure to play kakko more. all of those are head scratchers but with more effort and execution, we could have over come quinns latest round of "lets play who's in my chateau bow wow".

bottom line, we were outplayed and we lost.

no more hiding behind lack of games, its gonna get real right quick now. the caps just beat the leafs. they are a loaded team. henrik better bring his A game.

the PP needs to get fixed and the lines need to STAY THE f*** TOGETHER.

take your finger off the panic button david. play your best players the most and for gods sake, play marc staal on your 3rd pair. keep staal away from top line matchups.

don't you do the corsi dave ?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The word career following forgettable would indicate that his entire career as a Ranger was.
Which is why I am asking you to illuminate.
Not engaging in a 3 page back and forth with one of the most notoriously obtuse posters in the history of this board.
First you told the Devils franchise. And now you told me! Oh my.

Obtuse means insensitive or slow to understand. Let's see here. You make a statement that Quinn needs treating this as training camp and put a "real" line up out there. Mind you, there are no explanations. Just a blank statement. I ask you for what your ideas are here. Your response is to not put them forth but continue with your witless diatribe. Which one of us is slow to understand something?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Too many fans believe it's never the fault of the coach, even when the coach is mismanaging personnel and deploying a system where players are literally running into each other.

The coach, like the goalie, is a lightning rod for blame. Just because a lot of it is unwarranted does not mean they are blameless.

If it is so easy to ascertain what a coach is doing wrong, why is it that fans think they know what is right and professionals can't figure it out?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
We're 2-2. Pack it up, boys. Season's over. When was the last time a team had a bad start and wound up making any noise in the playoffs anyway?

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
If it is so easy to ascertain what a coach is doing wrong, why is it that fans think they know what is right and professionals can't figure it out?

I think it's pretty clear. Some people on this site have played the game, have interacted with coaches on that level and have seen the game from a different vantage point. Other's haven't. Two completely different perspectives.

Reactions: JHS

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I think it's pretty clear. Some people on this site have played the game, have interacted with coaches on that level and have seen the game from a different vantage point. Other's haven't. Two completely different perspectives.

Not sure what you're saying. Why can't professional coaches figure out what's seemingly obvious to some here?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Buch is always going to ride shotgun to Panarin and Zibanejad.

Like are people expecting something different? He's very clearly the 3rd best player on that line, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Eventually Kakko is going to take that spot, but pushing Buch down after 4 games seems rash

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Not sure what you're saying. Why can't professional coaches figure out what's seemingly obvious to some here?

Because it's not so obvious, I guess is my point. And this isn't to absolve coaches because they all end up getting fired. But they see things we don't, they're behind the bench and in practice, they just know things we don't. They know who has it and who doesn't on any given night. Or maybe their plan for a player doesn't jive with the fans. But we're four games into the season and they've had the weirdest schedule I can ever remember them ever having. According to people here, Kakko should be on the first line and Kravtsov should be allowed to dangle all over the ice. Doesn't work like that. I think it's weird as hell he has Smith on the 3rd line and Anderson hasn't gotten bigger minutes, but whatever. We don't know why. Let's at least wait 15 games before losing our collective minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad