Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
How I feel about AV's man-to-man defense right now:

source.gif
LMAO Crease.

Here's a hot one: Brett Howden was pretty good tonight.

Reactions: MartyOwns

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Christ, Trouba played 27:13 and Zibanejad 25:31.

He was on our third line.

If he’s playing 5 mins five on five on the fourth line, okay. That’s fine. Playing third line mins? Sorry, under no circumstances is that ok.
Honestly I thought he made some nice plays. :laugh:

And frankly, while everyone is concerned about Buchnevich and the bottom-6, Kreider is doing absolutely f*** all. How is that not issue #1. It's time to either reunite him with his butt-buddy Mika, or demote him.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It was a 99.9% certainty we were losing this game. Not sure why so many are so bent out of shape. It's actually a bit shocking. As myself and others pointed out before the game, the Debbies were in desperate straits being 0-6 and were going to treat this game like a Stanley Cup game. And they played liked it tonight. And even with that, they still got lucky as shit to win...lol

Combine that with the horrendous scheduling having us playing just once in last 11 days, it was obvious to anyone we were being sent like lambs to the slaughter tonight. I actually said it would be a victory if we were even in the game middle to late 3rd period. And what do you know...we were down just 3-2 until Gusev's goal with 8 minutes left.

I dunno maybe I'm on an island here but not even close to being mad or concerned whatsoever 4 games into the season which by the way is about 4-5 less games than everyone else. We have not gotten into any rhythm at all this season like 30 other teams have...how could we have as once again we've only played 4 GAMES!!!!

The only thing I admit to being a bit peeved about is Kreider who as some have correctly pointed out already, he looks like he's playing with one foot out the door and we are only 4 games in. That's not a good sign as him playing like he normally plays was a key component for us to have two effective and dangerous lines. I think Quinn should send him a message like he apparently sent Lemieux tonight and bench his lazy ass for a game.

Anyways, put me firmly in the " so what we lost a game we pretty much had no shot to win anyways" camp.

We move on now to Washington and hopefully we come out with a much better effort by the boys tomorrow night.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
He also created a lot, stickhandled better on his ****ing knees than anyone else wearing a white jersey on skates but hey... for that $ he should be able to do it all by himself. Right?

(I was against giving him that cash but he’s not the issue is my point)
Any of that creation lead to goals that won us the game tonight? No?

sorry, but they don’t hand out participation medals in this league. He either performs like a guy being paid that money on a nightly basis or he doesn’t. There are absolutely zero excuses when you are being paid as one of the highest paid forwards in the league. I was at the game tonight, he was essentially neutralized by a bad devils team. Sorry, but that’s not good.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I really want to see
Kreider-Zibs-Buch
Panarin-Lias-Kakko
Lemieux-Howden-Fast
McKegg-Strome-Haley (I don't really want to see this line but....)

Buch was pretty terrible and I saw way too many "controller disconnected" moments in the game with Rangers just giving up on plays. Kakko never seems to have the puck and when he does, you can actually see him do stuff but his line mates aren't putting themselves in positions to do anything with his magic. Lazy skating. He put a puck into an open spot and Kreider was like "it's too far, no skating" when it was a 50/50 footrace with the defender and we are talking about Kreider in a foot race. More like foot face. ugh

Reactions: Jussi and MartyOwns

Winland

Mar 5, 2016
Why is PP 1 playing 90 percent of time on powerplays? Is it justified or is Quinn kissing some ass? Nothing good has ever come from favoring your superstars if they are playing badly. I know I'm slightly biased since I wanna see more of Kakko but man that was frustrating to watch. If Hughes is playing bad and looks out of place so is Kaapo. He looked soft like cotton. How about Rangers sell Kreider for a new spine for Quinn.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Why is PP 1 playing 90 percent of time on powerplays? Is it justified or is Quinn kissing some ass? Nothing good has ever come from favoring your superstars if they are playing badly. I know I'm slightly biased since I wanna see more of Kakko but man that was frustrating to watch. If Hughes is playing bad and looks out of place so is Kaapo. He looked soft like cotton. How about Rangers sell Kreider for a new spine for Quinn.
Have you seen our PP2?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Did anyone expect them to not look flat and out of sync out there? With this horrendeus scheduling, I cannot blame them. Some teams have played 8 games before tonight, most have played 7. The NYR had played 3(!). For a supposedly "professional" league, that's unacceptable. NYR launched out of the gates and looked hot and ready, but had NO games to keep the flow going. NHL players need to play to keep up with the tempo.

Were there seriously NO teams NYR could've played against during this period of time? Not a single way to squeeze in an away game against teams also not playing? Apparently not. We all know MSG is a circus arena, with literal circuses performing, so I can understand october is a horrible month for hockey, apparently. And apparently the priority for hockey isn't that high.

There's no point in resting, when there's nothing to rest for. You can't nurse injuries, when you haven't played any games to get injured in. It just gave the entire team the perfect recipe for a cold streak. I honestly put alot of blame on both the loss against Edmonton and this one against NJ on this Mickey Mouse league.

NYR's season basically started half a month later than the rest of the league and you will obviously struggle to win games, when you face teams who are in the game flow, while you're not.

If it’s not the schedule, then it’s the Garden Ice, but then you can FIRE RENNEY!

AntNYR

Apr 30, 2019
We had the least ROW in the NHL last season.
Some seem to have forgotten that. Add to that a young, high turnover roster filled with prospects instead of proven NHL-players and you get a group that's going to struggle, especially early on. I imagine it will take a while for new players to gel and for the youngsters to start improving. Hopefully that happens before the season is over.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Our big problem is quite obvious, we are way too focused on scoring goals and just not enough focused on preventing them. Its something coaches can preach all they want, but the team as a whole must get into their backbone that a goal against just about like every other time kills you, looses you the game. Its like we believe that we can score 5-6 any night -- and some nights we probably can -- but you can never count on that. NJD scored 4 goals against a goalie tonight. That was fair, they got many chances. You can't allow that many goals against. That is just not how you can play a NHL regular season, it will be too tough if you have to score 4-5 every night. You will lose confidence, the pressure will get to you.

We just need to tighten things up, be more patient.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don't think DQ should snooze it any longer, think its time to break up Panarin and Ziba, see if you can jump start both Kreider -- by being reunited with Ziba -- and Kakko -- by getting to play with Panarin.

Kreider-Ziba-Buch
Panarin-Lias-Kakko
Lemieux-Howden-Fast
McKegg-Strome-Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad