GDT: #4 - 10/14/14 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (See post #170)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHB*

My head just exploded. Thanks for that.

Stempniak is a good player. Him playing better than Zucc (after three games) shouldn't be concerning, or even surprising.

99% of our board did not know who Stempniak was prior to coming here. He was so underrated it was hard to fathom.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
And that bothers me more than it should. Did anyone think he would be?

No, but we all knew he was talented. Hopefully he keeps it up as the rest of the offensive core (Zuccarello, Brassard, Hagelin, and the 4th line) starts to produce.

Wolfy*

Brassard is a center. See the difference?

Nope, he could be on the 3rd or 4th line, but the options up there are even worse.

Problem is we stink in the middle when Stepan is out, and even when he's in our centers are not exactly the best in the league.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Nope, he could be on the 3rd or 4th line, but the options up there are even worse.

Problem is we stink in the middle when Stepan is out, and even when he's in our centers are not exactly the best in the league.

So you literally do see the difference, then.

AHB*

Maybe 9% of our board didn't know but I am sure that most here knew who Stempniak was.

I should have worded that better 99% of our board, I'm being extreme, but maybe 75% of our board had no idea what type of player he was.

AKA, knew him in name only and hence underrated him severely.

Wolfy*

AV's post-practice comments today.

You could say he looks a bit concerned, says he's not sure how the lines should be.

[NHL]643617[/NHL]

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
We're three games in. No one should be making any remotely absolute conclusions from a sample size that small. Give it AT LEAST 25-30 games before trying to draw any type of conclusion, and even that's pushing it extremely.

AHB*

We're three games in. No one should be making any remotely absolute conclusions from a sample size that small. Give it AT LEAST 25-30 games before trying to draw any type of conclusion, and even that's pushing it extremely.

This is asking for far too much on here.

The only reasonable conclusion I think is fair for all is that Glass is as bad as he has always been. Other then that, judging our youngsters off of 2-3 games in which our veterans have looked like mish mosh and we're dealing with significant injuries is just flat out unfair.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's way too early to say we need this one, but I really want this one.

McDonagh and Hank make this team go, and they both need to be way better, and they know it.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
That lineup is ugly. Stepan's role on this team was ridiculously understated (by some). Not a number one center my ass.

Miller, while not playing particularly well, did not deserve to be benched. The real disappointments have been Brassard, Zuccarello, and John Moore. They have been pure trash in these first three games. But, seeing as they're unbenchable at this point, AV is trying to make his point by benching easier targets in Fast and Miller.

Kostka being plugged in for Hunwick is another move that smacks of premature desperation to me. Kostka showed me nothing in preseason to make me think he's capable of being a competent NHL defenseman.

With all that being said, this team will right the ship. It may not be tonight, but things will get better. AV's defensive system is not very forgiving, and minor errors by one player can easily end up in the net. Once the new additions get up to speed, and this team can play as a 5-man unit, we will see what this team really is. I don't know what our ceiling is as a team, but it's much better than the trash we're seeing right now.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Best post I've seen so far. If only everyone was as sensible as you. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad