GDT: #4 - 10/14/14 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (See post #170)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
At least one breakaway coming for him and Duke, have to deposit them

I want to see Duke snipe one (or five) tonight. Kid's got a great shot.

I feel like we'll come out flying, but we need to stay consistent and not take dumb penalties that will result in the murdering of our momentum. I think we win this game.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
They better win tonight. I do not want to watch them lose to the Islanders.

Not saying he is finished but theres no comparison with Kreids who is faster, stronger and more skilled

Yeah, while I don't think JT Miller is done (he's 21 years old), he doesn't have the upside Kreider does. At most, I see Miller as a 3rd liner.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i would keep playing jt miller. he hasnt been terrible. and hes a centerman.

hes -4 but so are brass, hags and zuke.

i would sit fast. not a fan if his game at all so far.

i like kevin hayes and would give him another game.

i have no problem at all playing ryan malone. again, size and great hands. pp time for him is a must.

Vickers8

The only comparison is that if Kreids is bigger, stronger, and more skilled he should have torn up the AHL and had better then 3 points in 23 games in the NHL which even at that rate is very similar to the 10 points for Miller in 60 games.

Couldn't ell you what miller does well, he's not overly fast he doesn't have a good shot, he's terrible at faceoffs, he's not overly aggressive

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The only comparison is that if Kreids is bigger, stronger, and more skilled he should have torn up the AHL and had better then 3 points in 23 games in the NHL which even at that rate is very similar to the 10 points for Miller in 60 games.

Not picking a fight with ya Mio just saying, but i just think its a lil shocking to see people giving up on him so quickly lets hope that like Kreider he has a good off season and comes back and simplifies his game and takes off.

Def not giving up on JT not by a long shot . He has abilities and skill. Just gotta be patient and obviously take some lumps in the process

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The Rangers will show up tonight. Too much leadership in that room. Too much experience. AV will right the ship. I think the last two games this team was still a bit shell-shocked from losing Boyle and then Zucc (though his absence is more temporary).

I like adding Malone in there.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Couldn't ell you what miller does well, he's not overly fast he doesn't have a good shot, he's terrible at faceoffs, he's not overly aggressive

He's not fast like Kreider, Hagelin or duke but he's decent look at some of his goals... specifically the one against Boston where he takes the puck from like the Rangers Blue line and skates in no one catches him and then fakes out Rask.

I think the lack of aggressiveness is something that will come with age and coaching... Kreider and other rookies have looked very timid out there when they first come into the league.

Vickers8

The Rangers will show up tonight. Too much leadership in that room. Too much experience. AV will right the ship. I think the last two games this team was still a bit shell-shocked from losing Boyle and then Zucc (though his absence is more temporary).

I actually like the 4th line, Fast did nothing for that line

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I actually like the 4th line, Fast did nothing for that line

Contrary to much of the negativity around here I still like Miller and Fast a lot. Miller I had more hope for of an early impact. But there is still plenty of time. And Fast is still a quality skater who can PK for us. It is a rough start. I am not ready to throw the towel in on these KIDS after 3 games. BUT at the same time I like AV changing up the lineup with the exception of Kostka.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Agreed, plus it being the home opener...

Tonight is all business. I expect a much better outing.

Vickers8

Contrary to much of the negativity around here I still like Miller and Fast a lot. Miller I had more hope for of an early impact. But there is still plenty of time. And Fast is still a quality skater who can PK for us. It is a rough start. I am not ready to throw the towel in on these KIDS after 3 games. BUT at the same time I like AV changing up the lineup with the exception of Kostka.

Yeah don't get Kostka either

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

I hope kostka can be at least decent tonight . Shows how our defense can not only be our strength but also our weakness at same time (injuries /depth), but then again most nhl teams don't have a solid 1-6 D and depth on top of that

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Miller succeeding with this organization. He just doesn't seem to fit in. I think he needs a change of scenery.

hockeyfanOU812

do you feel in charge?
Mar 27, 2014
I think Lundqvist will have a bounce back game and the Rangers will win.

If only because there are Islanders fans positive they will "wipe the floor with them" and "the Islanders will sweep them this season."

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Miller once said his favorite player growing up was Kovalev, and he tried to model his game after Kovalev.

This is part of the root problem IMO...he's not as skilled as Kovalev (few are) but he makes some of the same high risk plays at times. At the same time, the coaching staff is trying to get him to even out his game, not take big high risks, so he's a bit stuck between freewheeling it and trying to play safer. He's gotta find that sweet spot of making plays when they're available and making the safe play when they're not. He has good hands and is patient with the puck when he wants to be, just needs to not put it into dangerous situations because of that

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Could be a very entertaining game tonight but I am not expecting to win.

Isles are playing well, we are not.

Not saying this will happen tonight but the Isles are playing the kind of unsustainable good that can come crashing down at any moment.

On the other hand they're a solid team so it might not crash that hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad