GDT: #4 - 10/14/14 | New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (See post #170)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think the islanders have a good young hungry team but let's not forget they played the worst team in hockey. The Canes are abysmal

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Like the forward lines, nice balance of size, especially breaking up Zucc/Brass. Defense is another story. Not too confident for this one.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Like the forward lines, nice balance of size, especially breaking up Zucc/Brass. Defense is another story. Not too confident for this one.

Right, having some size on all the lines is nice even if Hayes isn't terribly physical. Defense needs to step up

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Not saying this will happen tonight but the Isles are playing the kind of unsustainable good that can come crashing down at any moment.

On the other hand they're a solid team so it might not crash that hard

our offense is awesome and our goaltending is obviously improved, but our defense, without visnovsky and de Haan is still suspect....reinhart is gonna be a good one, but he is still adjusting and brian strait is terrible.....we have had a bit of trouble clearing our own zone and our PK has looked atrocious.....OTOH, our PP has looked fantastic......heres to a good one!

also, FYI, Brock Nelson is centering the 2nd line and Grabo is playing LW

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Right, having some size on all the lines is nice even if Hayes isn't terribly physical. Defense needs to step up

Physicality is nice, but what's really needed is someone who can get to the net. If you have a very small line, there's a lot of cycling and perimeter play, and the potential to struggle along the boards against larger defensemen. Introducing a bigger, stronger forward like Hayes opens up the ice for the playmakers to do their thing.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
would be more balance if zucc was on that second line and stempniak was on the third

this is pretty simple to me CK Brass and Zucc looked very good in limited preaseason time against Chicago so why haven't we gone back?

Duclair MSL Nash
Kreider Brass Zucc
Hagelin Hayes Stempniak
Malone Moore Glass

bring up Mueller to hang out in the pressbox send miller and fast down

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
would be more balance if zucc was on that second line and stempniak was on the third

Zucc has done nothing this season (preseason included) to warrant playing top six minutes. Stempniak has been one of the best forwards on the team.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The Islanders are playing well? They have played the Carolina Hurricanes in back to back games.

A Canes team that is missing Jordan Staal and Jeff Skinner

They haven't impressed me in those two games.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
guys you need to stop with the top 6 mins stuff

look at the mins our guys get the top 9 is interchangeable.

zucc and brass have to figure it out they didn't just forget how to play together. zucc needs to be on that line. we've got enough of a mess with stepan out why we would be experimenting everywhere else is dumb.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Zucc has done nothing this season (preseason included) to warrant playing top six minutes. Stempniak has been one of the best forwards on the team.

And that bothers me more than it should. Did anyone think he would be?

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia

This is very true. While I think zucc will eventually take the spot back, Stemp has been fantastic offensively and defensively

Zucc still has rust to shake off IMO

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc

zucc and brass have to figure it out they didn't just forget how to play together. zucc needs to be on that line. we've got enough of a mess with stepan out why we would be experimenting everywhere else is dumb.

ya, im not trying to overstep my boundaries on here, but wouldnt it be pretty shortsighted to demote zuccarello? he was arguably your MVP last year after lundvquist

small sample size thus far people...same reason i am not ready to call an 80 point season for brock nelson just quite yet

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The Islanders are playing well? They have played the Carolina Hurricanes in back to back games.

A Canes team that is missing Jordan Staal and Jeff Skinner

They haven't impressed me in those two games.

But Brock Nelson and Johnny Boychuck are gonna tie for the Art Ross at the end of the year

Wolfy*

And Brass has been great, he certainly deserves top six minutes.

Keep in mind that Zucc is hurt, he may even be a GTD.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm assuming we're beyond the point of calling the Sabres a hockey team?

Without staal and skinner and a way past his prime cam ward yes I believe buffalo is better than Carolina but not by much lol

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Can't just look at minutes, have to look at matchups as well.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Nope. Then again did anyone think that Pouliot would play as well as he did?.
My head just exploded. Thanks for that.

Stempniak is a good player. Him playing better than Zucc (after three games) shouldn't be concerning, or even surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad